Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement on Bonys performance today 19:31 - Nov 25 with 14562 viewsDarran

“It was a proper man’s performance from Wilfried.”

Mmmmmm not the best thing to say on diversity day at the Liberty.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:35 - Nov 28 with 1113 viewslondonlisa2001

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:31 - Nov 28 by whoflungdung

As long as they don't hurt anyone else" ...well, that s an expansion on your argument but who is the arbiter of that because an individual might well be thinking what you suggest but he or she would have a more subjective view .

No, not for me

Not for you what?

If you mean being transgender is not for you, then great - don't do it. No one is asking you to or expecting you to.

They're just asking you to refrain from bullying those that are.

I have no idea what the first paragraph is on about. It makes no sense.
Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:20 - Nov 28 with 1076 viewsMo_Wives

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:24 - Nov 28 by JackSkellington

Yeah yeah yeah... only it's the exact opposite.

The ONLY people who use the term "political correctness" are those on the right who use it as a derogatory term. Those of us on the left just see this as normal behaviour and part of life, we don't have a name for it, it's just being accepting of people. Basically, if you're not hurting anyone, you get on with doing what you want to do and living how you want to live. Nobody should be denigrated for not matching our expectations of what's "normal".

Your example with the Nazis is the exact opposite of this, that was all about ingraining attitudes of discrimination and persecution against a specific minority group, whereas this is about attempts to request acceptance for minority groups. Frankly, as long as no one is getting hurt it doesn't matter whether I think it's right or not, I'm not bullying anyone into thinking something's right. It's not my business to decide whether it's right, it's simply about encouraging acceptance of difference.

"The ONLY people who use the term "political correctness" are those on the right who use it as a derogatory term."

Yeah? see that guy in the quotes I posted... that's George Carlin. A famously left wing comedian who spent most of his time bashing the Christian right, you f*cking idiot. I could also show famous right wingers like Stephen Fry or Mel Brooks criticising it...oh no, they were also left wing.

The Nazis cloaked their policies in helping the downtrodden (just like political correctness). They showed how tough the German people had been treated and then said it was the fault of Jews. The Jews owned many of the banks and were easy to paint as powerful. The Nazis dealt in identity politics (just like politically correct progressives of today) and said it's OK to treat these people differently to these people because we are making up for injustice. You don't seem to understand that the people who were Nazi party members thought they were saving the German people from oppression.

I think you must have a simplistic view of evil. The German people thought their ideology was morally good. They though they were protecting the weak from the attack of a crafty, powerful oppressor. You don't get people to buy into your ideology by painting it as evil. Alexandr Solzhenitsyn once said "the line between good and evil runs through the heart of every man" and he's quite right. Maybe you should ask yourself if you were in Nazi Germany would you be calling for speech laws to protect the downtrodden.

And before you think I'm saying that progressives are going to do the same as what the Nazis ended up doing, I'm not. I'm saying Political correctness is being used as a tool to force everyone to accept the progressive ideology. The Nazis used it, but it went by a different name. And I will add, you should fear an ideology that needs everyone to think the same. It is an authoritarian and a fascist way of thinking...whether you believe your motives to be good or not.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 17:21]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:23 - Nov 28 with 1071 viewsDarran

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:31 - Nov 28 by whoflungdung

As long as they don't hurt anyone else" ...well, that s an expansion on your argument but who is the arbiter of that because an individual might well be thinking what you suggest but he or she would have a more subjective view .

No, not for me

I know there’s a lot of drugs in the Liverpool area but you haven’t got to take them you know.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Clement on Bonys performance today on 05:06 - Nov 29 with 957 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clement on Bonys performance today on 15:22 - Nov 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So even if Lisa's assumption is right, Clement used the phrase 'mans performance' to describe a performance where someone exhibited great maturity. I don't see how this changes anything from Darren's opening post, questioning whether it was an appropriate comment on Diversity Day.

Well in that case why not use the term " a captain's performance"?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Clement on Bonys performance today on 10:07 - Nov 29 with 916 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clement on Bonys performance today on 23:42 - Nov 26 by JJJack

"The manager's comment on Bony was an obvious reference to Tammy. "

Absolute nonsense. How on earth can anyone deduce that from Clement's praise of Bony's performance. You are slagging off other people on here and claiming you know what their intentions are and then you start claiming you know what our Manager actually means even though you've no evidence at all to back this up.

Must be great to be so "knowledgable".

My first thought after reading Clement's comments was he was telling Tammy to "man up". It couldn't have been more obvious.

Clement on Bonys performance today on 10:16 - Nov 29 with 913 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clement on Bonys performance today on 14:11 - Nov 27 by Darran

I know and especially the bit about me playing the victim.

Well you do bleat on about the ironside thing when someone's caught you out don't you.

Clement on Bonys performance today on 10:21 - Nov 29 with 905 viewswhoflungdung

Ironside like the Liver Birds was forty years ago plus

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024