Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? 16:31 - Dec 20 with 37218 viewsswisscottage

Really like Evanescence after first hearing Bring Me to Life and My Immortal on the Daredevil soundtrack back in 2003 and have most of their albums, but never really investigated the gothic or symphonic metal genres back then.

About two weeks ago I heard Amaranth by Nightwish which blew me away and I started looking into the whole Gothic/Symphonic genres. ( I know they're not the same, but there's a big overlap) and I just love the Classical female vocals backed up by symphonic metal.

So currently (excluding Evanescence) I've been listening to and rank in terms of my favorites:
Inside Temptation
Nightwish
Epica
After Forever ( because Floor Jansen is now lead vocalist in Nightwish so I though I'd check them out) - I haven't checked out Revamp yet probably will this weekend.

So from anyone that is really into this genre; are there any other bands you'd recommend, other than me pulling up the 'top 10 gothic metal bands' from Google :) ?
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 20:16 - Mar 6 with 2802 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm not sure if you guys are into this 'Supergroup' but Ms Scabbia sung on the first album which is pretty decent and floor sang on the second which I bought last week. (only on single tracks)

They are both very good the guitar is amazing.

Anyway enjoy

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 21:11 - Mar 6 with 2794 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just discovered these guys. It's brand new and they seem to be new. See what you think.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 19:55 - Apr 15 with 2685 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Blast from the past.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 10:35 - May 20 with 2592 viewsMetallica_Hoop

This Siberian band randomly started following me on Insta so I checked them out.

Not bad at all.

May be of interest to some. I'd never heard of them.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 13:50 - May 20 with 2584 viewsR_from_afar

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 10:35 - May 20 by Metallica_Hoop

This Siberian band randomly started following me on Insta so I checked them out.

Not bad at all.

May be of interest to some. I'd never heard of them.

Not bad and I love the fact that they started following you!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 23:39 - Aug 14 with 2389 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Something new from New Zealand.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 20:19 - Aug 30 with 2331 viewsdavid_badwolf

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 23:39 - Aug 14 by Metallica_Hoop

Something new from New Zealand.

Thanks. This sounds really promising! It looks as if there are three of these “demo” tracks on YouTube, ahead of a full album release in 2021. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on these guys. Symphony Metal TV reckons that they’re sound is reminiscent of early Nightwish!
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 01:00 - Aug 31 with 2323 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 20:19 - Aug 30 by david_badwolf

Thanks. This sounds really promising! It looks as if there are three of these “demo” tracks on YouTube, ahead of a full album release in 2021. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on these guys. Symphony Metal TV reckons that they’re sound is reminiscent of early Nightwish!

You're welcome. Lets hope they progress.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 01:07 - Aug 31 with 2321 viewsMetallica_Hoop

New to me.

I had my doubts but you have to listen to the end.

[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 1:12]

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 00:10 - Sep 24 with 2223 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The Vivaldi Metal Project was brilliant.

See what you think when the new one comes out.

[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 0:13]

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 23:00 - Oct 13 with 2093 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Superb new one from Epica.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 13:43 - Nov 8 with 2016 viewsdavid_badwolf

Snow White Blood have a new album, HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL, coming out at the end of the week. The German group (who I'm ashamed to admit I've only just stumbled across) "combine the variety of sounds in symphonic metal with the world of fairytales from a far-off time." Definitely worth checking out, including their earlier album, ONCE UPON A FEARYTALE.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 00:22 - Dec 3 with 1951 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Gothic and very good.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 00:23 - Jan 16 with 1861 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I discovered these guys today on fb.

Enjoy.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 17:11 - Feb 9 with 1785 viewsR_from_afar

Is it, though? That is my question to you

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 23:41 - Apr 1 with 1653 viewsMetallica_Hoop

New to me and rather good.

[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 23:44]

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 23:58 - Apr 1 with 1644 viewsMrSheen

Good Friday in a couple of minutes. Time to play Parsifal again.

[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 0:14]
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 00:13 - Apr 2 with 1637 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 23:58 - Apr 1 by MrSheen

Or some classic Floor and After Forever.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 00:55 - Apr 2 with 1626 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 23:58 - Apr 1 by MrSheen

I call your Parsifal with two female metal singers.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 0:57]

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 01:19 - Apr 2 with 1621 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The first album was a banger.

If you like Vivaldi. The album has 4 choirs and lots of orchestras and contributors. When you take all that out not bad live.

[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 1:29]

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 17:23 - Apr 8 with 1559 viewsCaptainPugwash

Some big band Metal for ya.

[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 17:31]
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 12:08 - Apr 24 with 1470 viewsdavid_badwolf

From Finnish symphonic metal group, HER ALONE:

There are four different versions of INTO THE NIGHT, including orchestral and acoustic (just check on YouTube).
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 09:07 - Apr 26 with 1434 viewsMrSheen

Another doomed attempt to take you back to the source...

RIP Christa Ludwig. She made this classic recording in 1965, and indirectly inspired my avatar. Jump in about 4'45", as Bartok starts with romance and slides into horror with a push of his finger, then back again.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 20:33 - May 31 with 1253 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 15:58 - Jun 1 with 1231 viewsswisscottage

Not quite Metal, but I've got hooked on Eurielle, reminded me of Within Temptation's Mother Earth album.

My favourite song of hers:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024