Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? 16:31 - Dec 20 with 36451 viewsswisscottage

Really like Evanescence after first hearing Bring Me to Life and My Immortal on the Daredevil soundtrack back in 2003 and have most of their albums, but never really investigated the gothic or symphonic metal genres back then.

About two weeks ago I heard Amaranth by Nightwish which blew me away and I started looking into the whole Gothic/Symphonic genres. ( I know they're not the same, but there's a big overlap) and I just love the Classical female vocals backed up by symphonic metal.

So currently (excluding Evanescence) I've been listening to and rank in terms of my favorites:
Inside Temptation
Nightwish
Epica
After Forever ( because Floor Jansen is now lead vocalist in Nightwish so I though I'd check them out) - I haven't checked out Revamp yet probably will this weekend.

So from anyone that is really into this genre; are there any other bands you'd recommend, other than me pulling up the 'top 10 gothic metal bands' from Google :) ?
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 12:25 - May 13 with 3520 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 11:45 - May 13 by david_badwolf

Are any of you guys familiar with Dark Sarah, the Finnish cinematic metal band (whatever the hell ‘cinematic’ metal is) fronted by former Amberian Dawn vocalist, Heidi Parviainen? I’m tempted to take a punt on them but it’s really difficult to judge from the 30 second sample tracks on amazon! It sounded as if the middle album of the trilogy, THE PUZZLE, was the most promising.

Arkona are not Gothic, more heavy metal. Her name is 'Masha Scream' and she screams delightfully when not singing clean.

Heard some Dark Sarah it's ok.

Amberian Dawn are f'kin awful now.
I saw them with Heidi and the classic line-up and they were amazing at Islington, Xandria with the amazing Manuella Kramer, Re-Vamp and Tristania made up a great bill.
I then saw them with the new line-up a few years ago at the Boston Music rooms and me and the girl I was with walked out, how to ruin a great band.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 12:29 - May 13 with 3518 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrrr...
Becalmed off County Kerry and this be attractin' porpoyses..

Yo Ho!
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 13:23 - May 13 with 3513 viewstimcocking

Always loved Bauhaus and the Sisters, still do. Fields of the Nephilim still have there moments, too. Good old Andrew Eldritch and Carl McCoy. My band used to play a cover of a Bauhaus song (well, David Bowie, but we were probably more influenced by the Bauhaus version).
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 21:21 - May 14 with 3488 viewsMetallica_Hoop

New to me the chorus is great.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 23:37 - May 31 with 3429 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Been getting back into this recently.

I forgot how amazing this album is.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 00:10 - Jun 1 with 3419 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Some early stuff from Aephanemer. See what you think
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 0:11]

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 15:12 - Jun 20 with 3342 viewsdavid_badwolf

Here’s a nice little find: CHAOS MAGIC by Caterina Nix (Aghonya) and Timo Tolkki (Stratovarius). According to the blurb, the album “melts beautiful and sweeping melodies with symphonic and grandiose musical landscapes.” Nice — although not spectacular.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 09:51 - Aug 28 with 3126 viewsdavid_badwolf

A heads up, folks.

Tarja's new album, IN THE RAW, will be released this Friday, August 30th!

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 10:43 - Aug 28 with 3119 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 09:51 - Aug 28 by david_badwolf

A heads up, folks.

Tarja's new album, IN THE RAW, will be released this Friday, August 30th!

That's really funny I was just checking out the skating vid this morning.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 01:05 - Aug 29 with 3093 viewstimcocking

Got to love Andrew Eldritch and the Sisters.
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 07:58 - Aug 29 with 3085 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've been checking this lady out she's got something quite delightful about her.
She 's now with Sascha Paeth (remember him?) Also played with Avantasia.

[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 7:59]

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 09:20 - Aug 30 with 3045 viewsswisscottage

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 07:58 - Aug 29 by Metallica_Hoop

I've been checking this lady out she's got something quite delightful about her.
She 's now with Sascha Paeth (remember him?) Also played with Avantasia.

[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 7:59]

Awesome .. Thanks for that.
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 10:06 - Aug 30 with 3042 viewsCaptainPugwash

Avast!

Animals As Leaders be a good 'un onsomble.

Yo ho!
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 12:26 - Aug 30 with 3023 viewsR_from_afar

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 10:06 - Aug 30 by CaptainPugwash

Avast!

Animals As Leaders be a good 'un onsomble.

Yo ho!

Great shout, cap'n, they are excellent. A drummer and two guys on 8 (eight, yes really) string guitars*.

I'd love to hear them cover a hornpipe

* Note: 9 string guitar recently launched. Finger extensions will be the next musical innovation to hit the market.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 21:38 - Aug 30 with 3002 viewsMetallica_Hoop

New to me and brand new. I like it.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 22:56 - Dec 12 with 2679 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was around a friends and heard this.

I bought a ticket to the Feb gig as I haven't seen them for a few years..

I also forgot how good Alissa is as a clean singer.

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 00:34 - Dec 14 with 2639 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just heard them.

Old Amberian Dawn meets After Forever.

Their cover of 'Game of thrones' is pretty good.

Shit her voice is amazing.

Enjoy

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 21:08 - Dec 23 with 2488 viewsMetallica_Hoop

F'kin booze
[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 21:23]

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 21:20 - Dec 23 with 2464 viewsMetallica_Hoop

[Post edited 23 Dec 2019 21:21]

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 01:38 - Jan 12 with 2384 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The singer was new to me. Enjoy

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 17:32 - Jan 12 with 2358 viewsRD2112

Have you listened to anything by The Gathering? Anneke van Giersbergen on vocals is amazing
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 20:55 - Jan 12 with 2352 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrrr...

Top o' the album charts i' Tierra Del Fuego

Yo ho!
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 15:36 - Jan 28 with 2283 viewsswisscottage

Something I've just discovered is Two Steps From Hell.
Not really female fronted symphonic metal, but similar to a number of Epica tracks.

Sort of Epic movie theme music, but orchestral/symphonic is nature.
sort of stuff you get in Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings etc.

I just can't stop listening to it .. hours and hours of music. 1.2mil subscribers on YouTube music and I can't believe I'd never come across them until yesterday.
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 12:30 - Jan 29 with 2272 viewsdavid_badwolf

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 15:36 - Jan 28 by swisscottage

Something I've just discovered is Two Steps From Hell.
Not really female fronted symphonic metal, but similar to a number of Epica tracks.

Sort of Epic movie theme music, but orchestral/symphonic is nature.
sort of stuff you get in Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings etc.

I just can't stop listening to it .. hours and hours of music. 1.2mil subscribers on YouTube music and I can't believe I'd never come across them until yesterday.

Yes, Two Steps From Hell compose a lot of music for TV adverts and film trailers etc., so you've probably already heard their music but not realised! Personally, I think their earlier stuff is better than their most recent offerings.

By the way, the new Nightwish album, "HUMAN. :II: NATURE." will be released on April 10th:

http://nightwish.com/en/news/2020/01/200116-human-nature
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 16:01]
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 13:22 - Feb 7 with 2213 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'll just leave this here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024