Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway on Bright Samuel 10:04 - Dec 27 with 4766 viewsdaveB

Says he took him off against Bristol due to him having cramp so the criticism of him has been unfair

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/holloway-praises-players-hits-back-fans-osayi

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 10:12 - Dec 27 with 4724 viewsWatford_Ranger

He’s 19. He’s going to be raw but he looks like he has something. I think he went almost immediately from playing with his mates to Blackpool’s first team* so he maybe won’t always know the right thing to do without the ball but time is on his side. I hope he gets a chance at Millwall.

*may be confusing him with someone else.
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 11:21 - Dec 27 with 4569 viewssmegma

Probably got cramp as it was his first start in 3 months (26th Sept Barnsley away). Made four cameo appearances as a sub including 2 recently following a two month hiatus. Hasn't even played in the reserves yet. Will probably disappear again soon .
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 12:01 - Dec 27 with 4481 viewspeejaybee

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 11:21 - Dec 27 by smegma

Probably got cramp as it was his first start in 3 months (26th Sept Barnsley away). Made four cameo appearances as a sub including 2 recently following a two month hiatus. Hasn't even played in the reserves yet. Will probably disappear again soon .

Ever the Optimist.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 12:03 - Dec 27 with 4477 viewsflynnbo

I remember when we signed Sinclair. Francis would always start him but withdraw him later on in the game so that he gained first team experience.
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 12:17 - Dec 27 with 4432 viewssmegma

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 12:01 - Dec 27 by peejaybee

Ever the Optimist.

I'm not digging the kid out,I like him. Read what I said again. It's just that Ollie does not know what his favourite starting XI is. Or whether to play 2 upfront , one up front 451, 352 , 442, 666 or whatever. Expect at least 3 changes on Friday. And again on Monday.Then about 10 in the FA Cup when we get told ' I put out a strong team but they didn't take their chance.'
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 12:44 - Dec 27 with 4369 viewsdaveB

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 12:17 - Dec 27 by smegma

I'm not digging the kid out,I like him. Read what I said again. It's just that Ollie does not know what his favourite starting XI is. Or whether to play 2 upfront , one up front 451, 352 , 442, 666 or whatever. Expect at least 3 changes on Friday. And again on Monday.Then about 10 in the FA Cup when we get told ' I put out a strong team but they didn't take their chance.'

in fairness he has played a 3-5-2 in almost every home game this season and most of the away ones so he is pretty settled on the way he wants the team to play and most of the changes have come through injury.
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 12:59 - Dec 27 with 4321 viewsTheChef

In all honesty I didn't see him struggling at that point, but if that's the case then fair enough.

Hope to see a lot more of him, he should be going above Washington in the strikers pecking order.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 13:32 - Dec 27 with 4239 viewsPunteR

Surely if they are good enough they should play. Hasnt BOS played about 100 professional games now at various levels.? Im not sure i buy into Ollies man management of the younger players. Especially when we've got 4 senior pro strikers who cant hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Whats he really got to lose. ? Apart from a game of football of course.
What i have noticed amongst young players, and ive seen this more with my lad and his team, is how many of them go down with cramp. I never got cramp when i was younger and i used to run about all day long. Is it just me that thinks this.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 14:03 - Dec 27 with 4163 viewsbosh67

I'm just grateful he hasn't tried to play him in goal.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 15:22 - Dec 27 with 4049 viewskensalriser

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 14:03 - Dec 27 by bosh67

I'm just grateful he hasn't tried to play him in goal.

It's when he puts Chair in goal that we should really start to worry.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 17:31 - Dec 27 with 3840 viewsbosh67

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 15:22 - Dec 27 by kensalriser

True. Chair is a huge talent but often smaller than some of the mascots.... that out players carry on!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 17:46 - Dec 27 with 3800 viewsMatch82

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 15:22 - Dec 27 by kensalriser

He'd be a sitting duck
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 17:49 - Dec 27 with 3793 viewsWestbourneR

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 17:31 - Dec 27 by bosh67

True. Chair is a huge talent but often smaller than some of the mascots.... that out players carry on!

Holloway - “I really like the kid. I think he’s got a freshness about him. Do you think I’d have brought him off if he couldn’t hardly walk? It (criticism) is just amazing. But there you go"

Makes very little sense as a sentence, as usual, and contains several contradictions.

No logic behind his irritation either. (a) once again he's preoccupied with petty squabbles with the fans when an experienced manager should have more maturity (b) it's ridiculous to think that the fans should just know that he made the sub for fitness reasons (c) it's totally reasonable for fans to suspect he subbed Bright for (dubious) tactical reasons, he (mistakenly) subbed Freeman after all and there is no suggestion that Freeman had cramp.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 21:07 - Dec 27 with 3580 viewsdaveB

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 17:49 - Dec 27 by WestbourneR

Holloway - “I really like the kid. I think he’s got a freshness about him. Do you think I’d have brought him off if he couldn’t hardly walk? It (criticism) is just amazing. But there you go"

Makes very little sense as a sentence, as usual, and contains several contradictions.

No logic behind his irritation either. (a) once again he's preoccupied with petty squabbles with the fans when an experienced manager should have more maturity (b) it's ridiculous to think that the fans should just know that he made the sub for fitness reasons (c) it's totally reasonable for fans to suspect he subbed Bright for (dubious) tactical reasons, he (mistakenly) subbed Freeman after all and there is no suggestion that Freeman had cramp.

perhaps fans should just trust the manager rather than just assuming he's an idiot
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 21:09 - Dec 27 with 3577 viewsdaveB

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 13:32 - Dec 27 by PunteR

Surely if they are good enough they should play. Hasnt BOS played about 100 professional games now at various levels.? Im not sure i buy into Ollies man management of the younger players. Especially when we've got 4 senior pro strikers who cant hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Whats he really got to lose. ? Apart from a game of football of course.
What i have noticed amongst young players, and ive seen this more with my lad and his team, is how many of them go down with cramp. I never got cramp when i was younger and i used to run about all day long. Is it just me that thinks this.?

What's he got to lose? His job is the obvious answer.

He's given the strikers half a season and it hasn't worked so now he's giving someone else a chance, which seems fair enough rather than writing washington and co off after 1 bad game.
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 21:54 - Dec 27 with 3515 viewsPunteR

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 21:09 - Dec 27 by daveB

He's given the strikers half a season and it hasn't worked so now he's giving someone else a chance, which seems fair enough rather than writing washington and co off after 1 bad game.

Half a season is a long time in football. I think its fair to say no one has written anyone off after one game though. Washington has more lives than a cat in terms of chances he's had..
Ollies priority is winning football matches not trying to keep his job.
When your strike force simply isnt scoring goals and yet there are alternatives surely you have to play them.? especially if they play well , Shodipo , BOS , Wheeler,Manning, etc .You have to give them more game time then a sub appearance here and there.?

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 22:02 - Dec 27 with 3497 viewsCiderwithRsie

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 21:54 - Dec 27 by PunteR

Half a season is a long time in football. I think its fair to say no one has written anyone off after one game though. Washington has more lives than a cat in terms of chances he's had..
When your strike force simply isnt scoring goals and yet there are alternatives surely you have to play them.? especially if they play well , Shodipo , BOS , Wheeler,Manning, etc .You have to give them more game time then a sub appearance here and there.?

Agreed. I've no problem with Washington getting a decent run, especially as we've paid money for him and there aren't so many alternatives, but we can't keep racking up "exiting raw talents" like Shodipo and the others and then either not using them or forgetting them, they've got to be developed properly. OK that may mean loans and so on but the Manning case is a bit worrying since last season he looked good enough.

I know we're all happy with the current midfield but I don't think we can afford to piss away talent like Manning when we find it.
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 22:05 - Dec 27 with 3491 viewsrsonist

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 17:49 - Dec 27 by WestbourneR

Yes, it rings all sorts of alarm bells how he's even aware of the criticism at all let alone aggrieved to the extent he has an axe to grind in public a week later. We're talking a mundane bit of grumbling here, not a game-changing flashpoint controversy or a sustained campaign of dissent. How can we expect him to deliver the clear, patient, discliplined strategy we need to get us out of the FFP mess with this petty irrational tart's mindset?
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 23:23 - Dec 27 with 3400 viewsdaveB

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 21:54 - Dec 27 by PunteR

none of those alternatives are really forwards though so unless we change the shape to try other players out I don't see how they'd get in the side or that they'd improve us, making regular changes was something Holloway was slated for doing last season, he can't win really

Bright Samuel is a young kid being brought in and rather than thrown in straight away has been given a bit of time away from the limelight to settle into the squad, improve in training and is now getting a chance in the team
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 23:59 - Dec 27 with 3363 viewsPunteR

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 23:23 - Dec 27 by daveB

none of those alternatives are really forwards though so unless we change the shape to try other players out I don't see how they'd get in the side or that they'd improve us, making regular changes was something Holloway was slated for doing last season, he can't win really

Bright Samuel is a young kid being brought in and rather than thrown in straight away has been given a bit of time away from the limelight to settle into the squad, improve in training and is now getting a chance in the team

"so unless we change the shape... "

This is probably the answer. I still think 4231 would be our best formation with the players we have.
Bright Samuel is not some wet behind the ears kid. He's played a decent amount of mens football for a 19 year old(20 this week). In fact there's loads of players that actually are in their prime around that age, especially quick wingers.

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 08:01 - Dec 28 with 3216 viewsdaveB

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 23:59 - Dec 27 by PunteR

"so unless we change the shape... "

This is probably the answer. I still think 4231 would be our best formation with the players we have.
Bright Samuel is not some wet behind the ears kid. He's played a decent amount of mens football for a 19 year old(20 this week). In fact there's loads of players that actually are in their prime around that age, especially quick wingers.

I just don't think a change of shape is going to change much, i can't see results changing a great deal, it would still be the same players
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 11:30 - Dec 28 with 3089 viewsconnell10

I was more pissed off that he took freeman off to be honest!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 17:08 - Dec 28 with 2977 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 21:09 - Dec 27 by daveB

Yes, but the point is , as Clive has pointed out, he doesn't give players a decent chance.

Yes there are other reasons we might not know about, but IH often starts a player for ONE game then bins him.

Bright starts v Bristol City then not in the next game - has happened with Chair, Wheeler and others as well.

Some subs work, some don't - can't assume all are marvellous can we?
Holloway on Bright Samuel on 17:35 - Dec 28 with 2933 viewsdaveB

Holloway on Bright Samuel on 17:08 - Dec 28 by PinnerPaul

Yes, but the point is , as Clive has pointed out, he doesn't give players a decent chance.

Yes there are other reasons we might not know about, but IH often starts a player for ONE game then bins him.

Bright starts v Bristol City then not in the next game - has happened with Chair, Wheeler and others as well.

Some subs work, some don't - can't assume all are marvellous can we?

not saying all subs are marvellous but managers should get the benefit of the doubt on them.

I don't agree with this not giving players a chance either, he has given extended runs in the side to players this season such as Washington, Wsoleck and Robinson, some took the chance some didn't. The younger players have had the odd games and been around the squad which is more of a chance than any young academy player has int he last decade

OK Wheeler could have played more but then if he plays I'm sure someone would say Pawel should be given a run in the side or if Sylla gets a run then someone would say Smith should be playing, can only pick 11 players and the squad is far too big to give everyone a prolonged chance
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024