Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert appointed by Stoke 11:36 - Jan 15 with 9304 viewsCamberleyR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42689053
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 11:37]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 11:44 - Jan 15 with 6306 viewseghamranger

Doesn’t he sing with Queen now
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 11:47 - Jan 15 with 6288 viewsWatford_Ranger

FFS :0

That’ll be inspiring for all the young coaches working their way up.
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 11:52 - Jan 15 with 6268 views00calben

Shocked and amused in equal measure. And glad as I really hope they go down with that dour git in charge
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 11:53 - Jan 15 with 6263 viewspaulparker

Horrible little man to go with a sh1t club ,
Please god let them go down with WBA and Newcastle

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 11:59 - Jan 15 with 6232 viewsTacticalR

I do think Lambert is a better manager than Hughes. Having said that the Villa job really seemed to do him - he looked more miserable every season (and he looked pretty miserable to start with).

Air hostess clique

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:02 - Jan 15 with 6213 viewscolinallcars

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 11:53 - Jan 15 by paulparker

That would be a nice relegation trio. Now if say Pompey, Charlton and Bradford come up it could make a tasty Championship next year...
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:04 - Jan 15 with 6199 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Wow.

I suppose Stoke missed out on their three first choice managers, they had to appoint someone.

Mind you, the dour, miserable git has had some decent spells in management.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he engenders the 'everyone-hates-us' mentality among the players and gets Stoke out of the sh*t this season.
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:09 - Jan 15 with 6177 viewsCamberleyR

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:04 - Jan 15 by Ashdown_Ranger

Wow.

I suppose Stoke missed out on their three first choice managers, they had to appoint someone.

Mind you, the dour, miserable git has had some decent spells in management.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he engenders the 'everyone-hates-us' mentality among the players and gets Stoke out of the sh*t this season.

"Mind you, the dour, miserable git has had some decent spells in management."

He has, but mainly quite a while ago at Norwich. He seems to have got progressively worse at every job he's had since.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:16 - Jan 15 with 6146 viewsYorkRanger

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:09 - Jan 15 by CamberleyR

"Mind you, the dour, miserable git has had some decent spells in management."

He has, but mainly quite a while ago at Norwich. He seems to have got progressively worse at every job he's had since.

Nice reminder to the anti holloway brigade of be careful what you wish for
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:35 - Jan 15 with 6077 viewsDWQPR

Hate the bar steward, so desperately wanted Rangers to get a points deduction and had a team at Narrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggge that relied on that cheating fat tw@t Holt. A marriage made in heaven Paul Lambert and Stoke City.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:35 - Jan 15 with 6076 viewsrobith

15/8 to go down....
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:45 - Jan 15 with 6038 viewsbosh67

Remarkable appointment. Not a bad manager but fairly proven not to be very good at Prem level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:46 - Jan 15 with 6026 viewssimmo

Hugely underwhelming appointment but then I felt the same about Hodgson at Palace and Moyes at West Ham and they've improved things massively.

Still, he must have interviewed very well because I'm sure a relatively well established PL team could have done better, even one in Stoke...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:55 - Jan 15 with 5984 viewssimmo

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 11:53 - Jan 15 by paulparker

You can't really want a Stoke away day PP?!

Horrible club but I'm happy that we don't have to play them twice a season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 13:07 - Jan 15 with 5942 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:55 - Jan 15 by simmo

Always associate them with one their fans punching Simon Royce in goal a few years back...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/4666016.stm
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 13:16 - Jan 15 with 5903 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 13:26 - Jan 15 with 5843 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:46 - Jan 15 by simmo

Hugely underwhelming appointment but then I felt the same about Hodgson at Palace and Moyes at West Ham and they've improved things massively.

Still, he must have interviewed very well because I'm sure a relatively well established PL team could have done better, even one in Stoke...

People give Hodgson a bad rap, and obviously the Euros were a disaster. But he took Fulham - *Fulham* - to the UEFA Cup final. Fulham. He was always going to do well at Palace - perfect sized club for him and the fact is he's a very good coach for that size of club. Glad he's doing well. Good guy. And it must really wind paulparker up, which is always good (only kidding PP).

But this one is absolutely bizarre. Baffling that they hadn't sounded anyone out before Hughes went, because he was on the verge for so long. Rowett would have been a good appointment (Les and Lee get stick for their choices, but they wanted Rowett every time, and he would have been good), Flores a bit left field but could've worked. Lambert is bizarre. Why not look at the brentford manager? Or Wilder? Or Lee Johnson? Hell, I'd have taken Monk over Lambert, and he's available.

Dislike Pardew, but I like Albion, hope they stay up. Swansea are probably gone. Hope Brighton stay up as I like them and Hughton. Southampton must be bricking it though.

Bare bones.

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 13:41 - Jan 15 with 5777 viewsTheChef

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 13:07 - Jan 15 by Ashdown_Ranger

Always associate them with one their fans punching Simon Royce in goal a few years back...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/4666016.stm

Was reminiscing about that one over the weekend (such is the exotic life I lead).

Of course it was QPR who got fined for failing to control their players.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 13:43 - Jan 15 with 5766 viewsDWQPR

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 13:26 - Jan 15 by Antti_Heinola

People give Hodgson a bad rap, and obviously the Euros were a disaster. But he took Fulham - *Fulham* - to the UEFA Cup final. Fulham. He was always going to do well at Palace - perfect sized club for him and the fact is he's a very good coach for that size of club. Glad he's doing well. Good guy. And it must really wind paulparker up, which is always good (only kidding PP).

But this one is absolutely bizarre. Baffling that they hadn't sounded anyone out before Hughes went, because he was on the verge for so long. Rowett would have been a good appointment (Les and Lee get stick for their choices, but they wanted Rowett every time, and he would have been good), Flores a bit left field but could've worked. Lambert is bizarre. Why not look at the brentford manager? Or Wilder? Or Lee Johnson? Hell, I'd have taken Monk over Lambert, and he's available.

Dislike Pardew, but I like Albion, hope they stay up. Swansea are probably gone. Hope Brighton stay up as I like them and Hughton. Southampton must be bricking it though.

Want Albion to go down. Got nothing against them, in fact one of the more charitable sides against us during our brief visits to the PL, and to be honest haven't got anything against Pardew, but what Albion do have is this!

http://www.thevine.co.uk/

Second only to the Crown I reckon as the best football pub around.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 14:04 - Jan 15 with 5708 viewspaulparker

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:55 - Jan 15 by simmo

I used to actually enjoy turning them over home and away ,
I remember doing the double over them in 2001 , Andy Thomson or gallen scored at their pig sty and we had faint hopes of getting into the play offs , we then in QPR fashion drew 1-1 with Bournemouth at home the following Wednesday thus shooting ourselves in the foot

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 14:36 - Jan 15 with 5650 viewsflitwickhoop

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 14:04 - Jan 15 by paulparker

I used to actually enjoy turning them over home and away ,
I remember doing the double over them in 2001 , Andy Thomson or gallen scored at their pig sty and we had faint hopes of getting into the play offs , we then in QPR fashion drew 1-1 with Bournemouth at home the following Wednesday thus shooting ourselves in the foot

It was Gavin Peacock who scored that goal. Went so mental I broke the seat in front of me.

I can remember that day like it was yesterday, my old man drove us up and we had to leg it back to the car because the Stoke fans were throwing stones at us as we came out the away end. Thought we were gonna make the play offs after that
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 14:41 - Jan 15 with 5628 viewspaulparker

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 14:36 - Jan 15 by flitwickhoop

It was Gavin Peacock who scored that goal. Went so mental I broke the seat in front of me.

I can remember that day like it was yesterday, my old man drove us up and we had to leg it back to the car because the Stoke fans were throwing stones at us as we came out the away end. Thought we were gonna make the play offs after that

yeah it was very lively that day especially on the shuttle bus , we had a very good away following in them days and its hard to think that they were for a time our biggest rivals on and off the pitch

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 14:42 - Jan 15 with 5626 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Tunnel ruck!
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 14:45 - Jan 15 with 5614 viewsAntti_Heinola

On top of this, yet another job Coleman would have been a shoo-in for had he waited around a bit.
He must go home every night and smash his head against the wall.

Bare bones.

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 18:45 - Jan 15 with 5349 viewsLongsufferingR

Couldn't possibly be happier about this. Will never forget his active encouragement of that fking Norwich side to cheat as much as they can in every way possible. Had his day many years ago so it's nailed on that the manager I most despise will take one of the clubs I have least time for down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024