Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bristol train tickets 15:59 - Jan 16 with 3987 views1MoreBrightonR

any tips on getting them for less than £59 return? thats what im getting quoted from paddington at the moment.
bristol train tickets on 16:08 - Jan 16 with 3961 viewsTacticalR

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I looked on thetrainline a couple a weeks ago and they were cheaper then - from memory maybe nearer £20 each way. So the only way is to book as far ahead as possible (assuming that you know that far in advance that you can go). I wasn't sure at the time if I could go so didn't book.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 16:09]

Air hostess clique

bristol train tickets on 16:24 - Jan 16 with 3915 viewsAshdown_Ranger

bristol train tickets on 16:08 - Jan 16 by TacticalR

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I looked on thetrainline a couple a weeks ago and they were cheaper then - from memory maybe nearer £20 each way. So the only way is to book as far ahead as possible (assuming that you know that far in advance that you can go). I wasn't sure at the time if I could go so didn't book.

Fares are often cheaper if you book a series of singles, so London to Reading, Reading to Swindon, Swindon to Bristol and then the same back again.

Huge savings on long distances (eg Newcastle), not sure if Bristol is far enough away to save much though.
bristol train tickets on 17:54 - Jan 16 with 3833 views1MoreBrightonR

bristol train tickets on 16:08 - Jan 16 by TacticalR

sadly i saw those too and didnt book. stupid of me.
bristol train tickets on 18:58 - Jan 16 with 3787 viewsE17hoop

bristol train tickets on 16:24 - Jan 16 by Ashdown_Ranger

Fares are often cheaper if you book a series of singles, so London to Reading, Reading to Swindon, Swindon to Bristol and then the same back again.

Huge savings on long distances (eg Newcastle), not sure if Bristol is far enough away to save much though.

Have a look here:
https://www.splityourticket.co.uk/

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

bristol train tickets on 19:32 - Jan 16 with 3751 viewsNorthernr

Whether it's the case this year or not I haven't checked but we saved loads last year going to Bristol Parkway instead of Temple Meads and then getting a local train in from there.
bristol train tickets on 19:48 - Jan 16 with 3728 viewsGloucs_R

National express are usually half the price is the train.

Poll: Are we staying up?

bristol train tickets on 22:52 - Jan 16 with 3627 viewsBoston

Go by bike....Norman Tebbit.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

bristol train tickets on 00:10 - Jan 17 with 3595 viewsColinr

Waterloo to Bristol Temple Meads (Slow train) outbound. Temple Meads to Paddington return. All in price for two £43.20. Using a two together ticket which saves a lot of money over the season
Login to get fewer ads

bristol train tickets on 10:15 - Jan 17 with 3453 viewsrobith

bristol train tickets on 00:10 - Jan 17 by Colinr

Waterloo to Bristol Temple Meads (Slow train) outbound. Temple Meads to Paddington return. All in price for two £43.20. Using a two together ticket which saves a lot of money over the season

Having once done this for work because it was before payday and I couldn't afford the Great Western, under no circumstances get the slow train. It's hell
bristol train tickets on 17:37 - Jan 18 with 3243 viewsM40R

I think all trains to Bristol that Saturday from London will be slow or very slow as the normal route via Swindon is closed at Chippenham and the "fast" trains are diverted after Reading . I think they are shunted down the route used by the slow train. Check journey times carefully, especially on the way back!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024