Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your closest team? [edit - now plus Postcode map] 16:32 - Jan 16 with 30496 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Many/most of us will have moved since deciding to support QPR. So what are your closest teams distance-wise in the top four divisions? Mine are:

Prem: Brighton
Championship: Millwall
League 1: Gillingham
League 2: Crawley

LFW members location map: https://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/LFW-QPR

If you want to be on the map, just post the first part of your postcode in this thread - or full postcode if you prefer (which will identify where you live within a couple of streets).

[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 11:24]
What's your geographically closest team? on 16:40 - Jan 16 with 15450 viewsFDC

Prem: Man Utd - right down the road from me.
Champ: Bolton
League 1: Bury
League 2: Crewe maybe?
What's your geographically closest team? on 16:47 - Jan 16 with 15410 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Until 2 years ago I could see Loftus Road from my Kitchen window. I used to live in Shepherds Bush Green.

Premiership: Watford
Championship: QPR
League One: Milton Keynes Dons
League Two: Luton
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 16:55]
What's your geographically closest team? on 16:48 - Jan 16 with 15405 viewsTripleR

P: Watford
C: Brentford
1: Wimbledon
2: Barnet
What's your geographically closest team? on 16:49 - Jan 16 with 15402 viewsDorse

Prem: Bournemouth
Champ: Bristol City
Lg1: Bristol Rovers / Portsmouth
Lg2: Yeovil

Dorset is a bleak football wasteland, inhabited by cackling toothless crones and morris-dancing wierdos all just desperate to burn outsiders in the Wicker Man.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What's your geographically closest team? on 16:52 - Jan 16 with 15387 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If anyone is having trouble:

http://www.myfootygrounds.co.uk/AreaMap.asp?view=ENGLAND
What's your geographically closest team? on 16:56 - Jan 16 with 15372 viewsEsox_Lucius

EPL: West Bromich Albion
Championship: Birmingham City
League 1: Northampton Town
League 2: Coventry City

The grass is always greener.

What's your geographically closest team? on 16:57 - Jan 16 with 15364 viewsSimonJames

Prem: Wet Spam
Championship: Ipswich
League 1: Charlton Athletic
League 2: Cambridge Utd

According to this map:
https://www.footballgroundmap.com/grounds/nearest

100% of people who drink water will die.

What's your geographically closest team? on 16:57 - Jan 16 with 15364 viewsPunteR

Prem- Chelsea(i think)might be Southampton
Champ - Reading
L1 - Oxford
L2 - Wycombe

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

What's your geographically closest team? on 16:59 - Jan 16 with 15353 viewscolinallcars

Prem. Chelsea
Champ. Fulham
1. Wimbledon ( when they move back to Plough Lane )
2. Barnet
What's your geographically closest team? on 17:03 - Jan 16 with 15332 viewsAshdown_Ranger

What's your geographically closest team? on 16:49 - Jan 16 by Dorse

Prem: Bournemouth
Champ: Bristol City
Lg1: Bristol Rovers / Portsmouth
Lg2: Yeovil

Dorset is a bleak football wasteland, inhabited by cackling toothless crones and morris-dancing wierdos all just desperate to burn outsiders in the Wicker Man.

My wife wants to move to Dorset/Somerset (she's not a footie fan, but has been to Loftus Road a few times).

Bridport FC any good?

What's your geographically closest team? on 17:11 - Jan 16 with 15309 viewshubble

Still local, after all these years..
Prem. Chelsea
Champ: QPR
LG1: AFC Wimbledon
LG2: Barnet

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

What's your geographically closest team? on 17:19 - Jan 16 with 15287 viewsBostonR

Prem: Spurs (now they are at Wembley).
League 1: AFC Wimbledon
League 2: Luton.

When I am at home in the US, it's NY Red Bulls, but I also am a long suffering Philadelphia Eagles fan, but that could change this year!
What's your geographically closest team? on 17:24 - Jan 16 with 15267 viewseastside_r

Prem. Spurs (a tiny bit closer than West Ham)
Champ: Millwall *
LG1: Charlton *
LG2: Barnet (but was Orient until last season.)

* - These two don’t really count as I consider ‘south of the river’ another world.

The clue is in the username.
What's your geographically closest team? on 17:28 - Jan 16 with 15254 viewsHendonHoop

Portsmouth
What's your geographically closest team? on 17:47 - Jan 16 with 15205 viewsJuzzie

Having been born and brought in the Ladbroke Grove/Portobello Road area, my choice of QPR was obvious to me.

I have moved around London the last 30 years (Watford, Lewisham, Cricklewood, Chalk Farm etc) but where I've now lived the last 4 years, my answers would be;

Prem: Chelsea
Championship: Brentford
League 1: AFC Wimbledon
League 2: Barnet
What's your geographically closest team? on 17:55 - Jan 16 with 15186 viewsrobith

Was doing this when it was on twitter the other day, I'm 100 metres closer to Leyton Orient than Spurs. Boggled my mind
What's your geographically closest team? on 17:56 - Jan 16 with 15180 viewsted_hendrix

Prem; Southampton
Championship; Fakes
L 1; Oxford United
L 2; Swindon
National League South; Hungerford Town.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What's your geographically closest team? on 18:12 - Jan 16 with 15125 viewsloftboy

Westham
Leyton Orient

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What's your geographically closest team? on 18:12 - Jan 16 with 15137 viewsOakR

Prem - Crystal Palace
Champ - Millwall
L1 - Charlton
L2 - Crawley?

Poll: Will we stay up?

What's your geographically closest team? on 18:30 - Jan 16 with 15087 viewsJigsore

PL: Huddersfield
CH: Leeds
L1: Bradford
L2: (unbelievably) Accrington Stanley

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

What's your geographically closest team? on 18:33 - Jan 16 with 15074 viewssmegma

QPR.

Don't care about other divisions.
What's your geographically closest team? on 18:52 - Jan 16 with 15020 viewsE17hoop

Prem: Spurs
Championship: Millwall
League 1: Charlton Athletic
League 2:Barnet

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

What's your geographically closest team? on 18:52 - Jan 16 with 15020 viewsfrancisbowles

Was born in the bush, raised in Hounslow and after a few years in Berks moved to the Woking area. Recently moved to the South Coast so now
Bournemouth
Fakes
Portsmouth
Yeovil
What's your geographically closest team? on 18:58 - Jan 16 with 14999 viewsterryb

West Ham
Ipswich
Southend
Colchester

As a boy Watford was my closest league ground, but you only went their to laugh!
What's your geographically closest team? on 18:58 - Jan 16 with 14999 viewsflynnbo

What's your geographically closest team? on 16:47 - Jan 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Until 2 years ago I could see Loftus Road from my Kitchen window. I used to live in Shepherds Bush Green.

Premiership: Watford
League One: Milton Keynes Dons
League Two: Luton
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 16:55]

As per Bazza.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024