Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Groundhog day 16:57 - Jan 27 with 3241 viewsDando

Too narrow, create barely anything, no wingers, hope Smith brings us back into the game when things are too late. Bidwell unable to attack, Pav left out, team cant score.

I wanted Ollie to succeed here but he seems to do the same thing every week and think we will get a different result. What makes him think this way of playing will suddenly bring results? Letting in 2 goals after they have a man sent off, and barely coming close to scoring is not acceptable

Groundhog day on 17:03 - Jan 27 with 3179 viewsbosh67

Agreed. He has to ditch the system. It doesn't work.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Groundhog day on 17:03 - Jan 27 with 3175 viewsPinnerPaul

Well the 8 points in 6 games recently and the good home wins against decent sides before that is probably what makes him think it does work sometimes.
Groundhog day on 17:06 - Jan 27 with 3144 viewsbosh67

Groundhog day on 17:03 - Jan 27 by PinnerPaul

Well the 8 points in 6 games recently and the good home wins against decent sides before that is probably what makes him think it does work sometimes.

But it doesn't, does it?

It's so predictable and narrow. Ollie only subs as a reaction at it usually when we are protecting a 2 nil defeat. Not good enough.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Groundhog day on 17:08 - Jan 27 with 3130 viewsPinnerPaul

Groundhog day on 17:06 - Jan 27 by bosh67

But it doesn't, does it?

It's so predictable and narrow. Ollie only subs as a reaction at it usually when we are protecting a 2 nil defeat. Not good enough.

We've played same system and won - no?
Groundhog day on 17:19 - Jan 27 with 3082 viewsacricketer

Groundhog day on 17:27 - Jan 27 with 3013 viewsDando

I dont agree with this. Of course we have won some games, but overall we have been predictable, narrow and are living off the past thinking the 3 in the middle are going to carry us through. The only pace and creativity we have in the squad, are not getting games and when they do they are out of position.

We are so easy to defend against until Smith comes on to win a few headers and then hope we might feed off a scrap. Bidwell continues to play out of position. he cant run at players, he just turns back or plays it sideways and our attack is over. No threat on the right without Pav either. Its just the same thing week in week out. I feel bad for Oteh, who is starved of the ball because of these long diagonal hopeful balls we keep trying to play, which never work
Groundhog day on 17:27 - Jan 27 with 3011 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Groundhog day on 17:06 - Jan 27 by bosh67

But it doesn't, does it?

Well clearly it does occasionally
Groundhog day on 17:38 - Jan 27 with 2949 viewsQPR_John

Groundhog day on 17:08 - Jan 27 by PinnerPaul

So it works sometimes, a stopped clock is right twice a day, but surely that is no praise. When it does not work there is no fallback. What are the tactics then to play the same system and hope
Login to get fewer ads

Groundhog day on 17:53 - Jan 27 with 2889 viewscolinallcars

Groundhog day on 17:38 - Jan 27 by QPR_John

So it works sometimes, a stopped clock is right twice a day, but surely that is no praise. When it does not work there is no fallback. What are the tactics then to play the same system and hope

You'd think Bidwell would say “ ere guv, I can't keep chargin' up and down the pitch every week like this. It don't work and I'm no good at it either”.
Groundhog day on 18:03 - Jan 27 with 2850 viewsconnell10

Groundhog day on 17:08 - Jan 27 by PinnerPaul

And I’ll think your find we lost loads playing like this mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Groundhog day on 23:47 - Jan 27 with 2595 viewsNortholt_Rs

Groundhog day on 18:03 - Jan 27 by connell10

And I’ll think your find we lost loads playing like this mate!

Lost LOTS more:

P65 W19 D14 L32.

That’s a loss rate of almost 50%, that takes some doing....oh and six clean sheets.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Groundhog day on 00:28 - Jan 28 with 2529 viewsderbyhoop

I can only base my assessment on the stats and the reports.
14 efforts on goal but only 2 on target isn't good enough. It's been a similar pattern all season. Our accuracy is poor.
Add in that we cannot keep a clean sheet and these are the 2 main reasons why we are a bottom third side.
By the sound of yesterday, too many players had a mare, with Freeman, Scowen and Washington being virtually anonymous.

Our position is not surprising. Losing to the Wurzels was not surprising. But we need to win the upcoming home games. Somewhere along the line were going to have to hit the target and keep a clean sheet. The sooner the better.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Groundhog day on 02:30 - Jan 28 with 2455 viewsFredManRave

Groundhog day on 17:19 - Jan 27 by acricketer

That's double arrow up worthy!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024