Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2018 Music 09:32 - Jan 31 with 32409 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New Choons for this year, folks?

Last year's Fred was class. I discovered a lot of new music through it.

This mob aren't new but this is the best thing they've done by far. Superb melodies and voices. Hypnotic.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2018 Music on 09:25 - Sep 24 with 3308 viewsWrightUp5hit___

A little bit of Anna Calvi?

Ooohh err yes please.

2018 Music on 13:39 - Sep 24 with 3263 viewsrobith

Some good stuff from this year that I discovered at End of the Road

2018 Music on 19:16 - Sep 24 with 3242 viewslarsricchi

2018 Music on 16:48 - Sep 14 by Bluce_Ree

New Interpol.

Has the now mandatory thirty secs of eff all at the start and it's a slow starter but the change into the bridge at 1:27 is filth. I really like it.

Saw Interpol at a festival in Chicago on the 15th. The new songs (they played four of them during their hour) sounded even better live.

I appreciate that even at a festival, they'll play some of their non-singles ("Not Even Jail," "Roland," "Public Pervert").
2018 Music on 13:32 - Sep 26 with 3161 viewsmarkrtid

Medicinal
2018 Music on 13:07 - Sep 28 with 3105 viewsR_from_afar

Clearly this won't be everyone's cup of tea - The Arctic Monkeys it ain't - but if you like electronic music, this new Tangerine Dream work marks a real return to form. RIP Edgar Froese.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

2018 Music on 12:53 - Oct 1 with 3063 viewsMetallica_Hoop

One for you guitar heads out there.

All instrumental, all his own stuff.

I think it's awesome, so did the other artists on that night.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

2018 Music on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 3016 viewsmarkrtid

Chill out Rangers win away LP.
2018 Music on 12:35 - Oct 5 with 2991 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just purchased on Amazon after hearing some on 'Barnettsbrutalbrunch' on Total Rock.

Really Really good NWOBHM band one is from Uxbridge and one is from Ruislip.

I love it.

Login to get fewer ads

2018 Music on 14:16 - Oct 8 with 2965 viewsRamseyR

The band Savages have been working on separate projects recently. This is the first from two of them working together...banging tune!

2018 Music on 00:27 - Oct 11 with 2923 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Might be new to some of you guys.

From Mother Russia. Slipknot meets Arch Enemy

2018 Music on 00:52 - Oct 11 with 2910 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just realised I may have stereo typed them so here is an older one.

2018 Music on 08:59 - Oct 11 with 2893 viewsR_from_afar

Ed's always been one of my favourite guitarists and there aren't many who can successfully weave guitar parts into a whole host of electronic rhythms.

Up-tempo, spacey, instrumental rock with some great riffs and solos, especially at 2:50.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

2018 Music on 20:15 - Oct 11 with 2857 viewsmarkrtid

Westworld Season 2 OST

Genius at work!

2018 Music on 07:58 - Oct 13 with 2831 viewsToast_R

Jess Glynne, I really like her voice, quite unique. Some of her early stuff where she featured for other Artists was excellent. Her new album dropped yesterday so I whacked it on Spotify on my drive home from work yesterday evening. It's pretty good. I could happily listen to her for hours.

2018 Music on 22:49 - Oct 16 with 2761 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Another one from Luca.

Posting another track as it was his first uk gig and needs more exposure.

You guitar players my appreciate how good he is.

2018 Music on 12:37 - Oct 19 with 2735 viewsR_from_afar

Well, he's back, but the new album is more hard-hitting electronic music (with a political message) than guitar-based rock. Of the four or five tracks I have listened to, this is the most rocking.

Talking about music: It's like dancing about architecture.

RFA

2018 Music on 17:04 - Oct 23 with 2658 viewsR_from_afar

Far too on trend and hip for one of my recommendations. Don't worry, I'm sure it's just a blip, normal service will be resumed soon!

Edgy, emo type rock. No shouty "singing" but certainly no lullaby.

RFA

2018 Music on 11:42 - Nov 9 with 2511 viewsFDC

The Good The Bad and The Queen have a new album out next week. This is the title track

This is actually from their first album, from 2007, but posting it as Goldhawk Road gets a mention in the opening couple of lines.

[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 11:46]
2018 Music on 11:44 - Nov 9 with 2507 viewsFDC

2018 Music on 12:37 - Oct 19 by R_from_afar

Well, he's back, but the new album is more hard-hitting electronic music (with a political message) than guitar-based rock. Of the four or five tracks I have listened to, this is the most rocking.

Talking about music: It's like dancing about architecture.

RFA

That's pretty cool, although sounds like it could have been on The Crow soundtrack!
2018 Music on 12:39 - Nov 9 with 2483 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Liking this very much. Rush meets.. (insert good 70's rock band)

2018 Music on 13:16 - Nov 9 with 2474 viewsR_from_afar

2018 Music on 12:39 - Nov 9 by Metallica_Hoop

Liking this very much. Rush meets.. (insert good 70's rock band)

Interesting, thanks for posting. The singer sounds like Geddy Lee's sister (not sure if he has one...).

Warning, Rush anecdote incoming: My mate is a massive Rush fan and took his wife to see a Rush gig a few years back. A few songs into the gig, an usherette came over to where they were seated and asked his wife if she might be more comfortable in the bar: she was sat reading a book by torchlight!

RFA

2018 Music on 15:37 - Nov 9 with 2463 viewsMetallica_Hoop

2018 Music on 13:16 - Nov 9 by R_from_afar

Interesting, thanks for posting. The singer sounds like Geddy Lee's sister (not sure if he has one...).

Warning, Rush anecdote incoming: My mate is a massive Rush fan and took his wife to see a Rush gig a few years back. A few songs into the gig, an usherette came over to where they were seated and asked his wife if she might be more comfortable in the bar: she was sat reading a book by torchlight!

RFA

I thought it was a lady too. Until I watched a vid.

Can't get into Rush I like some stuff but a lot evades me a bit like Rammstein and Floyd.

All up for a greatest hits though.

2018 Music on 22:16 - Nov 21 with 2340 viewsmarkrtid

2018 Music on 11:42 - Nov 9 by FDC

The Good The Bad and The Queen have a new album out next week. This is the title track

This is actually from their first album, from 2007, but posting it as Goldhawk Road gets a mention in the opening couple of lines.

[Post edited 9 Nov 2018 11:46]

Tune.

2018 Music on 22:54 - Nov 21 with 2331 viewsmarkrtid

2018 Music on 12:41 - Nov 26 with 2236 viewsDannyPaddox

I'm sure Jon Hopkins has been mentioned on here. I saw him last night at the Warchild benefit at the Empire. He absolutely rocked the place. 11/10. Definitely see him if you get a chance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024