Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2018 Music 09:32 - Jan 31 with 32550 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New Choons for this year, folks?

Last year's Fred was class. I discovered a lot of new music through it.

This mob aren't new but this is the best thing they've done by far. Superb melodies and voices. Hypnotic.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2018 Music on 13:56 - Apr 13 with 5155 viewsFDC

Ty's back. This is my pick of the tunes on his new album so far

https://jazzrefreshed.bandcamp.com/track/marathon-ft-ladonna-harley-peters
2018 Music on 14:54 - Apr 13 with 5111 viewsMetallica_Hoop

For you Doomsters out there Lucifer are back.

Sounding Gooood.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

2018 Music on 16:10 - Apr 13 with 5099 viewslarsricchi

2018 Music on 13:47 - Apr 1 by DannyPaddox

Yes indeedy I like Soccer Mommy. Only heard a handful of her songs but each one has stood out. Something just lifts it out of the bland. Which is interesting in itself. Saw a poster recently she was playing round the corner from me, free live in-shop appearance at Rough Trade W11. Yes! Then looked at date. It was two days previous. Noo! I'm always doing that. Did it with the Rutles at the Half Moon not long ago.

If you like Soccer Mom you'll probably know/ like Drugdealer. Carpenters/ Judy Sill vibe. Not sure if this is this year or last year. Not good on dates. Only just realised we're playing tomorrow not today. I blame Easter. And the morphine.

I was not familiar with Drugdealer–checking out The End of Comedy album right now and really enjoying it. Thanks!

Getting to see Soccer Mommy this summer at a fun little festival near where I live in Flyover America. Interesting day: Field Division (CHECK THEM OUT!), Soccer Mommy, Car Seat Headrest, Courtney Barnett, and, curiously, Ke$ha. My son and I will get all that enjoyment for 53 USD.
2018 Music on 16:23 - Apr 13 with 5086 viewsRs_Holy

apologies this is actually 2017... but its near enough :)

2018 Music on 17:21 - Apr 13 with 5065 viewslongbottom

2018 Music on 21:52 - Feb 16 by colinallcars

Best music I heard last year was when I bought a 12 classic albums-on-5 CDs box set of Horace Silver recorded n the 50s and early sixties. Think I'll do something similar this year. Trawling through Amazon now.

Got this me Sen last year. Beautiful and timeless music. Well engineered too.
2018 Music on 01:44 - Apr 16 with 4908 viewsDannyPaddox

Lurve the punctuation on this.

2018 Music on 22:38 - Apr 17 with 4830 viewsDevonWhite

New Eleanor Friedberger out next month.

2018 Music on 12:46 - Apr 18 with 4763 viewssmegma

2018 Music on 15:44 - Apr 11 by timcocking

Two by the Cornish band The Surgeons, one about Kernow and one about our very own Stanley Bowles, just in case there is anybody who hasn't heard that yet...

Speaking of local Kernow Bands, self-titled album Moondragon is now available. I used to go and watch them every chance i got, one of the best bands of all time imo. It's pre internet local band stuff, 1990? So i couldn't find a worthy clip on the internet (the vid at Helston music fayre has me dancing as a kid, not that it's recognisable).

But anybody reading this who appreciates what excellent music is should check that album, so fcuking brilliant. Oz one of the best drummers of all time imo. Actually, Cornwall had the world's number 1 ranked drummer in another local Cornish band at the same time (Tom Hooper(?) Storm Force Ten; excellent), but Oz was the man for me, brilliant drummer. Amazed and delighted to see it on itunes and stuff. Incidentally, the tracklist is incorrect. Whoever has done it doesn't realise all the song names are the other way around. They're, like, 1 behind or 1 forward or something.

We had/have lots of good local bands, it's that sort of place. A little bohemian.

Kernow Bys Veken!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 16:32]

I'm guessing there was a Ladbrokes next door to B & Q !!!!
Login to get fewer ads

2018 Music on 20:46 - Apr 19 with 4707 viewsBluce_Ree

Tally, this has got to be right up your alley no?

I quite like it. It's a bit less theatrical than the usual female fronted metal and there's some good bass happening.

I'm about this new joint from GlassJaw though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

2018 Music on 23:44 - Apr 19 with 4667 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Saw this guy play at the Borderline on last night. Not exactly my cup of tea but it was a decent gig. David Kitt. Quite enjoyed his laid back vocals.

Sorry it's a facebook link. I'm a non facebooker but I seem to be able to view it ok.

[Post edited 20 Apr 2018 8:18]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

2018 Music on 11:24 - Apr 20 with 4605 viewsMetallica_Hoop

2018 Music on 20:46 - Apr 19 by Bluce_Ree

Tally, this has got to be right up your alley no?

I quite like it. It's a bit less theatrical than the usual female fronted metal and there's some good bass happening.

I'm about this new joint from GlassJaw though.

I liked both of them.

Gonna check out some more spiritbox cheers.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

2018 Music on 00:12 - May 8 with 4473 viewsDannyPaddox

This is something.
2018 Music on 10:50 - May 8 with 4442 viewssimmo

2018 Music on 00:12 - May 8 by DannyPaddox

This is something.

Incredible video, he has form for this stuff and whilst I don't pretend to understand every high level artistic concept these guys go for, this one had layers upon layers of symbolism and digs.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/childish-gambino-this-is-america-recap/

There's also a video kicking about of J Cole rapping accapella about rappers that are just following a gimmick and have no substance. Along with the likes of Kendrick Lamar and Run the Jewels it shows that amongst all this nonsense Mumble Rap, etc there's still a lot of social commentary happening via quality rap / hip-hop.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

2018 Music on 13:27 - May 8 with 4418 viewsFDC

2018 Music on 00:12 - May 8 by DannyPaddox

This is something.

Love that.

I'm having a bit of a hip-hop renaissance at the moment, although I'm mainly into UK stuff. The Suspect Packages radio show is pretty good for finding new stuff.

Loving this album, and also some new stuff from Jack Diggs and Big Toast (not much on youtube to share here though unfortunately.

2018 Music on 13:35 - May 8 with 4405 viewsFDC

This album's a couple of years old but I've only just got in to it...

2018 Music on 17:51 - May 8 with 4374 viewsrobith

New Jon Hopkins record is wonderful
2018 Music on 20:27 - May 8 with 4347 viewsBluce_Ree

Never been a fan of Eminem but his verse on this is ridiculously good.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

2018 Music on 08:23 - May 9 with 4313 viewsRD2112

Went to see Axel Rudi Pell last Friday, he put on an awesome show but the roach in the joint was the support band Crystal Ball. Melodic power metal that reminded me of Helloween with Andi Deris. New album is Crystallizer, been on regular in the house since I got it, well worth a listen. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous, try out Ayreon Universe by Ayreon. You cannot categorise this stuff in any one genre of rock, this has every style going. 16 different singers, awesome band and loads of Hammond organ, {showing my age now I guess}, if you like great music give this a go, maybe you'll find a new band that you really like as Ayreon seems to be a well kept secret even here in the Netherlands. I guess that is the music industry for you............
2018 Music on 08:57 - May 9 with 4304 viewsSilverfoxqpr

2018 Music on 17:51 - May 8 by robith

Yep brilliant stuff

2018 Music on 18:34 - May 9 with 4256 viewsQPR_Nippon

2018 Music on 17:51 - May 8 by robith

Seconded.
2018 Music on 16:05 - May 14 with 4152 viewsFDC

'I Dreamt I Was An Astronaut' by Jeremy Tuplin is a lovely album. Shades of Leonard Cohen

[Post edited 14 May 2018 16:06]
2018 Music on 16:37 - May 14 with 4132 viewsEsox_Lucius

This is the first track from the best album released this year ;-) "No one cares about your creative hub so get your fücking hedge cut"

The grass is always greener.

2018 Music on 16:54 - May 14 with 4118 viewsrobith

Beach House have released their one album for the seventh time, but it's pretty great

LOve this

2018 Music on 16:57 - May 14 with 4114 viewsrobith

Also Janelle has done it again.

Particularly love this slice of Prince infused pop

2018 Music on 18:05 - Jun 13 with 3893 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Another collection of likable but instantly forgettable songs from White Denim on the way.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024