Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday 08:13 - Feb 13 with 6428 viewsdanehoop

Suspect it will be a great fight and genuine contrast of styles, but not sure who is favourite to win. Groves has fought at higher grade (but lost) whilst Eubank didn’t really perform as well as he might against a very experienced Saunders. Groves is deservedly champion and proven himself to be a great durable fighter, but also that he has improved as a boxer after moving to Shane McGuigan as a trainer. He has has proved himself to be a powerful hitter and Chudinov and Gutknecht fights were brutal in places.

Eubank though possibly tips it for me as I think he has really started to grow into the super middleweight division and his fights against Abraham and Yildrim looked to be really progressive steps. At this point though he has proved his durability I am not sure he necessarily has the stopping power at super middle.

I think this is a big step up for Eubank, but think if he doesn’t look to have a war with Groves he probably has the superior technique and skill to nick the fight on points. Thoughts?

Never knowingly understood

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 08:33 - Feb 13 with 6404 views100percent

great assessment, agree with a lot of your points however I'm going for Groves. I don't think Eubank has ever been hit with the force that Groves will offer - he has heavy hands and whilst Eubank will no doubt throw the majority of punches, Groves will suck it up and counter with some real power.
It makes for an intriguing battle - neither boxer will shy away from the centre of the ring and there will definitely be fireworks.
Groves in the 4th for me.
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 09:01 - Feb 13 with 6386 viewspaulparker

Going out Saturday night to watch this , it has all the makings of fight of the year its a shame the fight has hardly been promoted or advertised but when your on ITV what do you expect
anyway going for Eubank he has the power & speed and he will raise his game in this one , Groves has a suspect chin and is to confident considering he aint really all that plus he is Chelsea so I really hope jnr sparks him good and proper

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 09:42 - Feb 13 with 6348 viewssimmo

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this too, hard to predict which makes it exciting but I think if Eubanks chin stands up to Groves shots and he plays the early rounds smart - I think he takes it....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 10:24 - Feb 13 with 6316 viewsLythamR

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 09:42 - Feb 13 by simmo

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this too, hard to predict which makes it exciting but I think if Eubanks chin stands up to Groves shots and he plays the early rounds smart - I think he takes it....

Its a very close one to call, I have signed up to ITV box office to watch it and really looking forward to it.

I want Eubanks to win but Groves has certainly got a chance, suspect it may well be a bit of a tear up
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 10:41 - Feb 13 with 6294 viewsBrightonhoop

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 10:24 - Feb 13 by LythamR

Its a very close one to call, I have signed up to ITV box office to watch it and really looking forward to it.

I want Eubanks to win but Groves has certainly got a chance, suspect it may well be a bit of a tear up

Eubanks for me, I think he'll edge it. I thought Saunders would be his last fight but he's grown so much since then and is both fast and powerful with the stamina to go all the way.
I like Groves too, he's got a good sense of humour but is deadly in the ring. Both seem decent fellas, shame there can only be one winner which makes it such a tasty prospect.
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 13:10 - Feb 13 with 6212 viewsHunterhoop

Groves is a serious Chelsea fan. Let's not forget that.

I hope Eubank beats the crap out of him. Certainly think he'll out box him. Worried he'll get caught with a big shot and go down though.
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 13:23 - Feb 13 with 6187 viewsLblock

Groves lives near me and seen him walking his dog (it's a boxer!) a few times and the dog is named after his scummy team.

I was a Eubank Snr fan and I'm hoping his son follows in his footsteps, although boxing is nowhere near my favourite sport.

What time is this fight on? Is it a Box Nation / PPV type affair???
May have to take it a bit easy post match and look for a longer sesh taking this bout in if possible

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 13:26 - Feb 13 with 6179 viewsdaveB

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 13:23 - Feb 13 by Lblock

Groves lives near me and seen him walking his dog (it's a boxer!) a few times and the dog is named after his scummy team.

I was a Eubank Snr fan and I'm hoping his son follows in his footsteps, although boxing is nowhere near my favourite sport.

What time is this fight on? Is it a Box Nation / PPV type affair???
May have to take it a bit easy post match and look for a longer sesh taking this bout in if possible

It's on ITV Box Office

https://www.itvboxoffice.com/
Login to get fewer ads

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 14:46 - Feb 13 with 6102 viewsSimonJames

I like both fighters, but I think this will mainly be a test of whether Eubanks has the chin to go on and forge a career as successful as his father's was. I hope so.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 01:07 - Feb 17 with 5715 viewsBrightonhoop

Properly looking forwards to this one. Weigh in was interesting. Eubank was snapping, a bit nervous? Or wants to get a job done.

I think he'll progress. Groves is too comfortabe and maybe not hungry enough.

Would love to see 2nd Generation progress.
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 08:26 - Feb 17 with 5621 viewssmegma

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 08:33 - Feb 13 by 100percent

great assessment, agree with a lot of your points however I'm going for Groves. I don't think Eubank has ever been hit with the force that Groves will offer - he has heavy hands and whilst Eubank will no doubt throw the majority of punches, Groves will suck it up and counter with some real power.
It makes for an intriguing battle - neither boxer will shy away from the centre of the ring and there will definitely be fireworks.
Groves in the 4th for me.

I hope you're wrong though.
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 08:38 - Feb 17 with 5612 viewssupahoopsa

I want Eubank to win, but my one fear is that he might lack the power to keep Groves off him. Eubank has every shot in the book, can throw punches form all angles, has incredibly fast hands and devastating looking punches but doesn't appear to have that one punch knock-out in him and I just have a feeling that Groves being by far the bigger man might be able to walk through Eubank's punches.

As for the BJS fight, Eubank simply got his tactics wrong at the start of the fight and spent far too long showing off in the early rounds. Once his corner finally got through to him about the need for urgency you could see how the fight turned around and despite giving away all those early rounds it was a tight decision. I would take Eubank to easily beat BJS in a rematch

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 20:03 - Feb 17 with 5435 viewsSnipper

<a href=" https://imgflip.com/i/24rlrw"> src=" https://i.imgflip.com/24rlrw.jpg" title="made at imgflip.com"/></a>
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 22:07 - Feb 17 with 5306 viewsBoston

Great atmosphere.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 22:47 - Feb 17 with 5251 viewsHunterhoop

Why are the commentators so unbelievably bias towards Groves?! It's messy but it's not as one sided as they're saying, and Groves is grabbing arms a huge amount.
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 23:17 - Feb 17 with 5173 viewsSnipper

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 22:47 - Feb 17 by Hunterhoop

Why are the commentators so unbelievably bias towards Groves?! It's messy but it's not as one sided as they're saying, and Groves is grabbing arms a huge amount.

Bias wasn’t the word. I wanted Eubank to win, but Groves won by 3-4 rounds with me.
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 23:27 - Feb 17 with 5139 viewsSharpy36

Prince Nassem wtf

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 23:38 - Feb 17 with 5110 viewstraininvain

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 22:47 - Feb 17 by Hunterhoop

Honestly? Groves won that fair & square. Don't like the bloke but he won the fight.
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 23:42 - Feb 17 with 5098 viewsLythamR

Good professional if defensive performance by Groves, Eubanks much more agressive but a lack of accuracy needs to be improved on if he is going to progress further

Shame about the cut Eubanks got in the third, I dont think i have ever seen so much blood on 2 boxers and a referee without the fight being stopped
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 23:43 - Feb 17 with 5093 viewsHunterhoop

Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 23:38 - Feb 17 by traininvain

Honestly? Groves won that fair & square. Don't like the bloke but he won the fight.

Agree. I posted my comment after 5 rounds. The commentary was clearly wanting Groves to win. Which he did.
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 23:51 - Feb 17 with 5071 viewstraininvain

I like Eubank but he's too wild. That's been coming a few years.

Hate to say it but qpr win / Groves on points was easy money tonight.
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 00:18 - Feb 18 with 5029 viewsToast_R

Eubank was dog plop and a million miles from his old man's calibre.. Groves was a class above tonight.
Groves vs. Eubank Jr. on Saturday on 09:49 - Feb 19 with 4713 viewssimmo

Groves just schooled him. Eubank not terrible but Groves recognised that if he nullified his short game then he'd have to rely on coming at range which Groves then dealt with and picked him off with nice counters.

People going on about the cut for Eubank which whilst bad, wasn't over the eye or flooding into his eyes, his corner also did a great job with it. In the end it was experience and a well executed game plan that won for Groves, Eubank didn't have an answer and fair play for the class shown in accepting defeat.

Really good, entertaining fight overall.

Prince Naseem afterwards letting his dislike for Eubank Snr affect his punditry was funny to watch, if not a little unfair on the lad!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024