Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notlob at home 19:39 - Feb 14 with 3575 viewsenfieldargh

I’m sure we stuffed them by a big score once but the standout game was when one frank worthington took us by the proverbials and we lost 1-3 or was it 4

Apart from that it’s jets only major contribution

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Notlob at home on 22:07 - Feb 14 with 3416 viewsBoston

4 - 3 at home 2015. Fcuking great game.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Notlob at home on 22:28 - Feb 14 with 3397 viewsflynnbo

Frank Worthington. Wow, what a player and what a character. Typical of the "great" players of that era that they only gained a handful of caps, sadly.
Notlob at home on 22:53 - Feb 14 with 3372 views2Thomas2Bowles

02 Dec 1978 1-3
FW scored what I've said before was the best goal ever from an op player, from just over the halfway line

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Notlob at home on 09:29 - Feb 15 with 3213 viewsrobith

Notlob at home on 22:07 - Feb 14 by Boston

4 - 3 at home 2015. Fcuking great game.

The day JET announced himself as a club legend
Notlob at home on 10:00 - Feb 15 with 3174 viewsW7Ranger

Mmmmmmm... JET!!

^^^^ Please tell me that worked??!! ^^^^
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 10:02]
Notlob at home on 10:15 - Feb 15 with 3137 viewsTheChef

I only ever recall that 4-0 drubbing first game back in the Prem in 2011.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Notlob at home on 10:35 - Feb 15 with 3108 viewsDesertBoot

Notlob at home on 10:15 - Feb 15 by TheChef

Yes. Missed chances and bitten just before half-time by a wonder goal from Gary Cahill.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Notlob at home on 11:00 - Feb 15 with 3076 viewsloftus77

I think the OP may be referring to the 7-1 we handed out to them just before the 82 Cup Final (we seemed to be scoring for fun at that time - 4-0 at Newcastle etc.).

Other side of the coin, I also recall the 1-2 in 1996 (Alan Thompson last minute) - which I think was Ray Wilkins's last game in charge? Looking back, their last minute winner was perhaps the first hint that our exile from the top flight could last some time,,,
Login to get fewer ads

Notlob at home on 11:23 - Feb 15 with 3055 viewsTheChef

Notlob at home on 10:35 - Feb 15 by DesertBoot

Yes. Missed chances and bitten just before half-time by a wonder goal from Gary Cahill.

Clint getting sent off as well.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Notlob at home on 11:42 - Feb 15 with 3025 viewsHantsR

...and the 4 minutes of fame for Kieron Dyer!
Notlob at home on 17:40 - Feb 15 with 2815 viewsPinnerPaul

and me - that WAS a bit of come down wasn't it?!!!!!!!!!!!!
Notlob at home on 18:13 - Feb 15 with 2796 viewsterryb

That wasn't the first time I saw them win 4-0 at the Bush.

1970, the week after losing in the FA Cup 6th Round, Bolton came to town while we played as if the holidays had started.

Which, in effect, thay had!
Notlob at home on 18:16 - Feb 15 with 2793 viewsted_hendrix

That bloody shot near came through the onion bag, if it had it would have knocked my bleeding head off.

Remember winning up there 1-0 once, you used to stand behind the goal next to a supermarket, there was only half an away end back then which has got nothing to do with this thread.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Notlob at home on 18:27 - Feb 15 with 2771 viewsgobbles

I remember Tommy Langley scoring after about ten seconds against them once. Big ball up the left direct from the kick-off, Langley ran on and smashed it in
Notlob at home on 19:39 - Feb 15 with 2724 viewswelwynranger

Notlob at home on 22:53 - Feb 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

02 Dec 1978 1-3
FW scored what I've said before was the best goal ever from an op player, from just over the halfway line

I remember that day. The weather was awful,it had snowed most of the week and the pitch was a quagmire. Both teams struggled to even to kick the ball. But F W was brilliant.
Notlob at home on 20:35 - Feb 15 with 2687 viewsMrSheen

Notlob at home on 18:16 - Feb 15 by ted_hendrix

That bloody shot near came through the onion bag, if it had it would have knocked my bleeding head off.

Remember winning up there 1-0 once, you used to stand behind the goal next to a supermarket, there was only half an away end back then which has got nothing to do with this thread.

I was there! Danny Dichio with a header 5 mins to go after a long run from Trev. Brilliant save from Sommer straight after. Both of us went down.
Notlob at home on 22:11 - Feb 15 with 2615 viewsqueensparker

Notlob at home on 20:35 - Feb 15 by MrSheen

I was there! Danny Dichio with a header 5 mins to go after a long run from Trev. Brilliant save from Sommer straight after. Both of us went down.

I was at that as well, standing in the Bolton end at the old Burnden Park.

Couldn’t help myself when Dichio scored and was shown elsewhere...

Remember it was a rubbish game and pretty clear both teams were in trouble! But there was a pub nearby were beer was something ridiculous like 78p a pint
Notlob at home on 23:03 - Feb 15 with 2568 viewsSydneyRs

Notlob at home on 19:39 - Feb 15 by welwynranger

I remember that day. The weather was awful,it had snowed most of the week and the pitch was a quagmire. Both teams struggled to even to kick the ball. But F W was brilliant.

I remember seeing him playing for Weymouth I think at Wealdstone when he was older. Beer gut, didn't run at all and was still the best player on the field by miles, spraying 40 yard passes direct to feet etc. A class act
Notlob at home on 13:08 - Feb 17 with 2357 viewswelwynranger

Another very cold day. Late 60s away at Bolton, Mick Leach scored after 30 seconds, in typical Rangers away fashion we lost 6 - 4. Then they came to ours a few months later and won 4 nil. Happy days
Notlob at home on 13:45 - Feb 17 with 2314 views18StoneOfHoop

Notlob at home on 13:08 - Feb 17 by welwynranger

Another very cold day. Late 60s away at Bolton, Mick Leach scored after 30 seconds, in typical Rangers away fashion we lost 6 - 4. Then they came to ours a few months later and won 4 nil. Happy days

A brilliant Worthington goal.
Sadly I can find no trace of the Dec 2nd 1978 strike on YouTube.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024