Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? 22:29 - Feb 14 with 32268 viewsRangersDave

Hi guys,
Many of you won’t know my dad, he’s currently on his second internment in Kings Lynn hospital, this year, but this time it’s very serious.
He has fluid on the heart and it’s not draining, so it’s possibly surgery and we’ve been told to expect the worst.

My dads 82 now, lifelong rangers fan, as was his father, and he passed the baton to myself and my son.

Saw all the greats at rangers, went to white city, Wembley 4 times inc the playoff final.

Is registered disabled and hasn’t been to HQ for 18 or so years do to health and costs / transport.

He’s slightly Parkinson’s as well so every thing he says to me is about rangers for about 10 minutes then he’s on again about the same thing for 10 mins etc etc.

Loves the hoops, but I’m afraid (and in tears as I write this) the next couple of days will be his last hurrah. He’s got the last few ‘kick up the rrrrsssss’ by his bedside, and I’m out to see him in hospital tomorrow if he sees the night through.

Not sure what I’ll do without my dad, but for now, i’ll get by. Could I ask that if you can spare a minute, give a thought for him, in hospital. He’s not a religious chap, except when he remembers Stan on the Ball, or Dave Thomas on the wing, and how we cheered when we humbled Cologne in the Eufa cup, and neither am I, but I so want the miracle of another few years with him and will be praying tonight.

Thank you.
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:33 - Feb 14 with 10392 viewsdolcelatte

Thoughts with both of you tonight.

Mine is still go8ng strong but dread the day something like this happens.

You Dad sounds like a fighter so here's hoping..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:36 - Feb 14 with 10369 viewsAgedR

Thoughts with you and your dad. I’m sure it a glorious 10 minutes that he re-remembers.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:40 - Feb 14 with 10359 views2Thomas2Bowles

Almost lost my mum to pneumonia recently so know how you are feeling.

Wishing you both the very best

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:40 - Feb 14 with 10359 viewsBrightonhoop

Very moving Dave. Thoughts with your Father an your fine self in the days ahead.

All best.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:47 - Feb 14 with 10341 viewsozexile

So sorry to her this sad news. Prayer said.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:55 - Feb 14 with 10317 viewsconnell10

Hello mate , as you might know I lost my dad at the end of October last year and the only thing I can say is when happens its crushing but it does get better with time! I’ll say a prayer for him tonight and I hope with all my heart he pulls through!! U rssssss!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:57 - Feb 14 with 10310 viewsA40Bosh

Prayers are with you and your dad Dave. Hope he pulls through.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:57 - Feb 14 with 10303 viewsLblock

Be it 10 minutes of moaning or 10 minutes of joy it matters not – to be soaked up and enjoyed.
Your Dads given you gift to be treasured and despised in equal measure!!!!

My thoughts are with you and a virtual hug sent to you both and you’re wider family

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 23:38 - Feb 14 with 10250 viewsstowmarketrange

Best wishes to you and your dad.Whatever happens you’ll get through it.I hope it goes ok for you both.
They say that you only really grow up when your parents die.My dad went in 94 and my mum in 04 and I still miss them both.
Enjoy whatever time you have left with your parents because you’ll never forgive yourself if you don’t.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 00:14 - Feb 15 with 10215 viewsessextaxiboy

Spend the day with him tomorrow and keep talking and telling him how you feel , the hearing is the last thing to go.
If he is gone when you get there just think of him and he will be right there with you .

In a few weeks when you are at the Rangers, big crowd , we win a corner and the Loft lights up, turn to whoever you are with and say "Dad would have loved this " and he will be there with you , works for my brother and me .

Strength to you and your family .............
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 00:33 - Feb 15 with 10191 viewsLythamR

Best wishes for your dad's recovery
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 00:39 - Feb 15 with 10189 viewsnix

Thinking of you and your dad tonight. It’s so hard to see your loved ones struggling with ill health. I’m sure you and your boy (and the R’s!) have given and continue to give your old fella lots of happy moments over the years.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 01:52 - Feb 15 with 10149 viewsdixiedean

Thinking of you mate . Lost my mum 2 years ago in April so know how you're feeling. She grew up a big Rs fan . It's a cliche but despite everything supporting the Rs is one big family so all of us are hoping and praying your Dad pulls through this. It doesn't always seem like it but the love of Rangers is one of the greatest gifts our parents gave us and that will always be with you .
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 02:10 - Feb 15 with 10139 viewsPunteR

Ah mate so sorry your going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 02:27 - Feb 15 with 10128 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

All the best to you and your family Dave.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 05:11 - Feb 15 with 10084 viewsPommyhoop

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 00:14 - Feb 15 by essextaxiboy

Spend the day with him tomorrow and keep talking and telling him how you feel , the hearing is the last thing to go.
If he is gone when you get there just think of him and he will be right there with you .

In a few weeks when you are at the Rangers, big crowd , we win a corner and the Loft lights up, turn to whoever you are with and say "Dad would have loved this " and he will be there with you , works for my brother and me .

Strength to you and your family .............

Lovely words Essex.
All the best Dave.Thinking of you at this hard time.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 05:51 - Feb 15 with 10073 viewsLadbrokeR

My thoughts are with you mate. My dad Tom was a lifelong surporter and he passed in June 2015. He travelled the country with us following this team of ours. My one slight regret was that he wasn’t able enough to make it to Wembley for our play off final but when stop and think about I wouldn’t have been there if it wasn’t for him. Enjoy and be proud.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 07:07 - Feb 15 with 10024 viewsMoonshineSteve

Sending my best Dave.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 07:47 - Feb 15 with 9969 viewsHayesender

Thoughts with you and your family at this sad time mate. Just try and think of all the good times x

Poll: Shamima Beghum

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 08:03 - Feb 15 with 9951 viewsRs_Holy

Things like this make you realise how fragile all of us are!

My Dad has had 3 heart attacks (first one when he was 65) and he's been written off many times.
He's now nearly 93 and still has a good quality of life. The medical people in this country are bloody amazing and will do everything they can to help your Dad.

I'm not very religous either but I will say a prayer for your Dad (and mine too).
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 14:52]
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 08:07 - Feb 15 with 9939 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Very sorry to hear that Dave.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 08:19 - Feb 15 with 9930 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thoughts are most definitely with you and your family. Much love.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 08:29 - Feb 15 with 9910 viewsMytch_QPR

Dave,

I don't know if you remember but we were in touch over tickets for the playoff - I spoke to your dad, he was a lovely man. He was in his element talking about the famous 70s side and he also spoke so proudly of you and the family. My thoughts and best wishes to your dad and all of you.

I still go to some games with my dad - I treasure each one now as I realise it won't be forever.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 08:36 - Feb 15 with 9896 viewsterryb

Dave, best wishes to your dad , yourself & your family.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 09:06 - Feb 15 with 9870 viewsheadhoops

Hi Dave,
lost my dad two years back - it does get better. Your dad is part of the rangers family, one of the reasons we all chose to support the club in the first place, the camaraderie around the place especially in the 70's will be with him forever.
Thoughts are with you and your family.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024