Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? 22:29 - Feb 14 with 31699 viewsRangersDave

Hi guys,
Many of you won’t know my dad, he’s currently on his second internment in Kings Lynn hospital, this year, but this time it’s very serious.
He has fluid on the heart and it’s not draining, so it’s possibly surgery and we’ve been told to expect the worst.

My dads 82 now, lifelong rangers fan, as was his father, and he passed the baton to myself and my son.

Saw all the greats at rangers, went to white city, Wembley 4 times inc the playoff final.

Is registered disabled and hasn’t been to HQ for 18 or so years do to health and costs / transport.

He’s slightly Parkinson’s as well so every thing he says to me is about rangers for about 10 minutes then he’s on again about the same thing for 10 mins etc etc.

Loves the hoops, but I’m afraid (and in tears as I write this) the next couple of days will be his last hurrah. He’s got the last few ‘kick up the rrrrsssss’ by his bedside, and I’m out to see him in hospital tomorrow if he sees the night through.

Not sure what I’ll do without my dad, but for now, i’ll get by. Could I ask that if you can spare a minute, give a thought for him, in hospital. He’s not a religious chap, except when he remembers Stan on the Ball, or Dave Thomas on the wing, and how we cheered when we humbled Cologne in the Eufa cup, and neither am I, but I so want the miracle of another few years with him and will be praying tonight.

Thank you.
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 09:12 - Feb 15 with 2615 viewsFrankieFiveAngels

Dave,

What a proud Rangers lineage to have - thoughts and prayers are with your Dad, you and your family.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 09:18 - Feb 15 with 2613 viewsSnipper

So sorry to hear that Dave. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I lost my dad in 2012, but the great memories made the pain easier.
Please take care fella.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 09:46 - Feb 15 with 2578 viewsMick_S

All the very best of luck to you and yours Dave.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 09:58 - Feb 15 with 2566 viewspaulparker

im not a religious man Dave but I will most definitely say a prayer tonight mate
your old man sounds a fighter so don't give up !!!!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:09 - Feb 15 with 2548 viewsDiscodroids

My thoughts are with you Dave. You made me ring up my old man East ham dave, (Who is already having his first pint of the day in the West ham fc working mens club), to tell the old scoundrel that i love him. God bless you both.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:18 - Feb 15 with 2538 viewslondonscottish

All the best Dave. Stay strong for your Dad over the next few tough days.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:19 - Feb 15 with 2538 viewspomanjou

Dave,

Do not give up. Your Dad won't. He'll just fade gently away when his time is up and until then he will enjoy his memories. Its the cycle of life.

I struggle a bit to get up the stairs at SAR as I have' issues' as the say laughably say knowadays. But like your Dad I won't be giving up, so don't you.

Dave (80th year) and in the queue

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:31 - Feb 15 with 2523 viewsDesertBoot

Very sorry to read this Dave, sending best wishes to you and your family. Take care.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 10:32]

Wish I could be like David Watts

Login to get fewer ads

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:41 - Feb 15 with 2506 viewsphilc

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:31 - Feb 15 by DesertBoot

Very sorry to read this Dave, sending best wishes to you and your family. Take care.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 10:32]

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and as my departed Dad always said "God bless you".
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:01 - Feb 15 with 2492 viewsHendonHoop

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this very worrying time.Stay strong.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:14 - Feb 15 with 2464 viewsPhildo

sorry to hear this -hope you all get the strength to get through the next few days and weeks,
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:16 - Feb 15 with 2457 viewsloftus77

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:14 - Feb 15 by Phildo

sorry to hear this -hope you all get the strength to get through the next few days and weeks,

All the very best, Dave, to you and your family. Prayer said.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:31 - Feb 15 with 2440 viewsHantsR

Dave. Never quite sure what to write in circumstances like yours except to say that as a family we've experienced much of what you're probably going through. Obviously I never knowingly met your Dad but I was a fellow spectator at the games you mention so we'd have plenty in common to reminisce about.

As Dave Allen used to say, "May your God go with you"
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 12:49 - Feb 15 with 2391 viewsJogo

Best wishes Dave.

It's horrible to see your parents who were once strong become old and frail.

I hope there are one or two miracles left for you and your Dad.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 12:59 - Feb 15 with 2369 viewskingsburyR

Prayer said for you mate.

Wishing you, your Dad and all of your family the very best!

You R'ssssssssssssssss

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 13:10 - Feb 15 with 2348 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Sadly had to deal with my Father in similar circumstances, and support my wife through losing both her parents. Losing my Dad still hurts nearly twenty years on, but the years do make it a little easier to deal with.

It is absolutely heartbreaking knowing there is nothing that you can do, and there is no magic way of dealing with that.

I just hope the support of your family, friends and this forum helps you, to stay strong for both your Dad and yourself.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 13:57 - Feb 15 with 2318 viewsRangersDave

Hello everyone, thank you for your thoughts and prayers s.

I’m at dads bedside now and my got it’s hard. Wish I was one he drugs my poor old dads on right now, I can tell you.

He’s in and out of conciousness but came round momentarily
Received recognised me through his stupor, squifily smiled
and mumbled “rangers are going down” then before he dropped
off to sleep I Held his hand and told him I loved him.

Christ I didnt think it would be this hard!

Dads still fighting but the doctor thinks 72 hours

Thanks everyone, my blue and white hooped family, bless you all

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 14:09 - Feb 15 with 2301 viewsBushRanger82

I will pray you get a few more years with your father, mate.
God bless, and good luck.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 14:24 - Feb 15 with 2277 viewsR_from_afar

So sad to hear. You're all in my thoughts and prayers, Dave.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 14:29 - Feb 15 with 2263 viewsMick_S

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 13:57 - Feb 15 by RangersDave

Hello everyone, thank you for your thoughts and prayers s.

I’m at dads bedside now and my got it’s hard. Wish I was one he drugs my poor old dads on right now, I can tell you.

He’s in and out of conciousness but came round momentarily
Received recognised me through his stupor, squifily smiled
and mumbled “rangers are going down” then before he dropped
off to sleep I Held his hand and told him I loved him.

Christ I didnt think it would be this hard!

Dads still fighting but the doctor thinks 72 hours

Thanks everyone, my blue and white hooped family, bless you all

That's a lovely post, Dave.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 14:39 - Feb 15 with 2243 viewsloftboy

Thoughts with you and your family Dave

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 15:29 - Feb 15 with 2191 viewsHadders

My thoughts with you too, pal. Losing a parent is a rite of passage which is so, so hard.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 15:42]
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 16:01 - Feb 15 with 2146 viewstimcocking

An awful time...dreading it. All the best.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 16:46 - Feb 15 with 2099 viewsTacticalR

Best wishes to your dad.

Air hostess clique

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 17:01 - Feb 15 with 2079 viewsbosh67

Keep the faith Dave. Love and prayers from your QPR family are with you, your dad and family.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024