Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Family Stand... 10:13 - Feb 15 with 2771 viewsW7Ranger

When was this implemented? Under Tango & Cash?

Or more recently?
The Family Stand... on 10:15 - Feb 15 with 2764 viewsTheChef

Why do you ask?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Family Stand... on 10:27 - Feb 15 with 2747 viewsBoston

The Family Stand... on 10:15 - Feb 15 by TheChef

Why do you ask?

Because he doesn’t know the answer.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Family Stand... on 10:32 - Feb 15 with 2733 viewsTheChef

The Family Stand... on 10:27 - Feb 15 by Boston

Because he doesn’t know the answer.

Pfft, obviously.

But what's the ulterior motive for asking?

The Family Stand... on 10:37 - Feb 15 with 2721 viewsBoston

The Family Stand... on 10:32 - Feb 15 by TheChef

Pfft, obviously.

What’s the meaning of life?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Family Stand... on 10:39 - Feb 15 with 2715 viewsTheChef

The Family Stand... on 10:37 - Feb 15 by Boston

What’s the meaning of life?

Next.

The Family Stand... on 10:43 - Feb 15 with 2707 viewsW7Ranger

The Family Stand... on 10:32 - Feb 15 by TheChef

Pfft, obviously.

"Ulterior motive"?? Blimey!

Because it's been stated elsewhere that this was implemented under the current ownership and as a consequence said current owners are being slated for it because a father and his now 21 year old soon need to move seats.

I personally thought the Family Stand was implemented prior to Fernandes and Beard but I can't be certain so thought I would check.
The Family Stand... on 10:44 - Feb 15 with 2703 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Family Stand... on 10:46 - Feb 15 with 2696 viewsTheChef

The Family Stand... on 10:43 - Feb 15 by W7Ranger

"Ulterior motive"?? Blimey!

Because it's been stated elsewhere that this was implemented under the current ownership and as a consequence said current owners are being slated for it because a father and his now 21 year old soon need to move seats.

I personally thought the Family Stand was implemented prior to Fernandes and Beard but I can't be certain so thought I would check.

Yeah well you know, any reason to slate the current owners for something else...

I couldn't honestly say, but given Fernandes came in August 2011 I think it more likely it happened since then. Might be wrong though.

I think the likes of Dave B (who I think was affected by it) might remember better.

Login to get fewer ads

The Family Stand... on 10:47 - Feb 15 with 2696 viewsW7Ranger

The Family Stand... on 10:44 - Feb 15 by CroydonCaptJack

Chooooon...
The Family Stand... on 11:06 - Feb 15 with 2667 viewsdaveB

Family Stand came in under Ali Russell when the prices went mad and gold and silver bands were brought in, think that was 2008, Dowie was the manager.

They didn't actually do anything to make it a Family Stand other than stick a picture of Spark the Mascot on a wall and he was booed most games with fans chanting for Jude to return.

In 2010/11 season in the prem we had a game against Fulham where some kids were sat in the lower Loft as guests of the club (think they had been mascots) and they complained about the language used plus a few of them were given stick for wearing a Fulham shirt.

Beard should have just changed the rules to tighten up on bad language and aggressive behaviours but on top of that he also changed how you can buy tickets which caused a few issues which are still going on now, You couldn’t buy a ticket without a child in your party and if your child was under 8 and missed 3 games they got a letter (addressed to the child not the parent) saying they would be banned if they didn’t attend in the next 3 matches, something my kid got in the post and left him in tears. A rather over the top way of policing the use of under 8 tickets.

The rules were later relaxed a little but you still need a child in your party to buy a season ticket or matchday ticket which remains daft and ignores the fact that family doesn’t mean children also means brothers, sisters, Aunts, Uncles and long standing friends.

They did actually make it a Family Stand though with activities for kids, decent variety of food on sale and Jude The Cat giving kids a high five on the way in and out of the stadium, a nice touch which the kids love as do some of the adults.

It’s a good thing which is helping bring in the next generation of fans but small changes to how you can buy tickets would make it a lot less of an issue for those fans without kids.
The Family Stand... on 11:12 - Feb 15 with 2645 viewsloftus77

The Family Stand... on 10:39 - Feb 15 by TheChef

Next.

Ah..but what is the question??!!

Douglas Adams - genius.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 11:14]
The Family Stand... on 11:19 - Feb 15 with 2620 viewsTheChef

The Family Stand... on 11:06 - Feb 15 by daveB

Family Stand came in under Ali Russell when the prices went mad and gold and silver bands were brought in, think that was 2008, Dowie was the manager.

They didn't actually do anything to make it a Family Stand other than stick a picture of Spark the Mascot on a wall and he was booed most games with fans chanting for Jude to return.

In 2010/11 season in the prem we had a game against Fulham where some kids were sat in the lower Loft as guests of the club (think they had been mascots) and they complained about the language used plus a few of them were given stick for wearing a Fulham shirt.

Beard should have just changed the rules to tighten up on bad language and aggressive behaviours but on top of that he also changed how you can buy tickets which caused a few issues which are still going on now, You couldn’t buy a ticket without a child in your party and if your child was under 8 and missed 3 games they got a letter (addressed to the child not the parent) saying they would be banned if they didn’t attend in the next 3 matches, something my kid got in the post and left him in tears. A rather over the top way of policing the use of under 8 tickets.

The rules were later relaxed a little but you still need a child in your party to buy a season ticket or matchday ticket which remains daft and ignores the fact that family doesn’t mean children also means brothers, sisters, Aunts, Uncles and long standing friends.

They did actually make it a Family Stand though with activities for kids, decent variety of food on sale and Jude The Cat giving kids a high five on the way in and out of the stadium, a nice touch which the kids love as do some of the adults.

It’s a good thing which is helping bring in the next generation of fans but small changes to how you can buy tickets would make it a lot less of an issue for those fans without kids.

Ah good old Andy Russell. Forgot about him.

Like you say Dave, the ticket purchase process should be a fairly easy fix. Anyone know if it was brought up at the last Fans Forum?

The Family Stand... on 11:21 - Feb 15 with 2616 viewsW7Ranger

"In 2010/11 season in the prem we had a game against Fulham where some kids were sat in the lower Loft as guests of the club (think they had been mascots) and they complained about the language used plus a few of them were given stick for wearing a Fulham shirt."

That would've been 2011/2012 wouldn't it?
The Family Stand... on 11:30 - Feb 15 with 2592 viewsHayesender

The no adults without an accompanying child was brought in in the Beard/Fernandes regime. I know this because I had a season ticket in the lower loft under tango and cash

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Family Stand... on 11:31 - Feb 15 with 2589 viewsthame_hoops

what happens if you buy an adult ticket on twickets for lower loft, do you get refused entry at the turn style if you don't have a kid with you?
The Family Stand... on 12:02 - Feb 15 with 2535 viewsizlingtonhoop

The Family Stand... on 11:31 - Feb 15 by thame_hoops

what happens if you buy an adult ticket on twickets for lower loft, do you get refused entry at the turn style if you don't have a kid with you?

Were you not around when they tried not letting people in without a youngun?

Anyway, no, they don't.
The Family Stand... on 12:04 - Feb 15 with 2524 viewsthame_hoops

The Family Stand... on 12:02 - Feb 15 by izlingtonhoop

Were you not around when they tried not letting people in without a youngun?

Anyway, no, they don't.

what happened?
The Family Stand... on 12:09 - Feb 15 with 2513 viewsizlingtonhoop

The Family Stand... on 12:04 - Feb 15 by thame_hoops

what happened?

Lots of people held up at the turnstile on the day

A lot of - justified for many reasons, I would say - hoo ha.

People complaining on here, and other forums I guess.

A fans' committee was invited to a meeting, and the club abandoned the notion.
The Family Stand... on 12:22 - Feb 15 with 2485 viewsdaveB

The Family Stand... on 11:19 - Feb 15 by TheChef

Ah good old Andy Russell. Forgot about him.

Like you say Dave, the ticket purchase process should be a fairly easy fix. Anyone know if it was brought up at the last Fans Forum?

no instead fans at those events just ask for it to be moved rather than the simple option of slightly changing how they sell tickets
The Family Stand... on 12:23 - Feb 15 with 2477 viewsdaveB

The Family Stand... on 11:21 - Feb 15 by W7Ranger

"In 2010/11 season in the prem we had a game against Fulham where some kids were sat in the lower Loft as guests of the club (think they had been mascots) and they complained about the language used plus a few of them were given stick for wearing a Fulham shirt."

That would've been 2011/2012 wouldn't it?

yeah it was, i get my years mixed up, the first year in the prem whenever that was
The Family Stand... on 12:24 - Feb 15 with 2471 viewsdaveB

They never stop people going in without kids if you have a valid ticket (although Beard did try in a game against liverpool and almost caused a riot) , it's buying them that is the problem
The Family Stand... on 12:35 - Feb 15 with 2432 viewssimmo

It wouldn't work anyway, what about evening games?

I have sat there before when my boy was Under 8, but they do need to change how it works with ticketing.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Family Stand... on 12:42 - Feb 15 with 2408 viewsJeff

The Family Stand... on 11:12 - Feb 15 by loftus77

Ah..but what is the question??!!

Douglas Adams - genius.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2018 11:14]

well the question was supposed to be what is seven times six, at least when Deep Thought devised the Earth originally. however, the intervention following the crash landing of the Golgafrincham's meant that the question was changed to 'what is seven times nine' instead, rendering the point of Earth useless...

Can we not knock it?

The Family Stand... on 13:43 - Feb 15 with 2284 views1MoreBrightonR

addressing the letter to the child...that's almost so bad its funny....though clearly not for the kid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024