Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth 17:43 - Feb 17 with 12110 viewsconnell10

That was without doubt the best cross I’ve seen at loftus road for many a year!! The boy looks class!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smyth on 17:45 - Feb 17 with 7947 viewsjoolsyp

Dave Thomas-esque. Very excited about the lad.
Smyth on 17:53 - Feb 17 with 7856 viewsBklynRanger

Accelerated like a ninja to create that space for himself. High quality gravy.
Smyth on 18:08 - Feb 17 with 7751 viewsSteveB

It was fantastic indeed. Great finish by MOM Smith too. Loved the way a few mins earlier big Smith pulled little Smyth aside and ( I assume) talked him through a set-piece move.
Smyth on 18:34 - Feb 17 with 7559 viewsShunter

Smyth gives so much energy to the team, should start ahead of Washington
Smyth on 18:38 - Feb 17 with 7526 viewsLongsufferingR

Smyth on 18:34 - Feb 17 by Shunter

Totally changed the attitude and energy levels when he came on. Everything was too slow and laboured but his speed of movement and thought was a real eye-opener.

We've got a good one here!
Smyth on 19:09 - Feb 17 with 7333 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Done more in 5 weeks for us than SWP did in 5 years! ;)

Like a breathe of fresh air when he came on. I thought Bolton improved after the sending off (harsh red from where I was sat). Started pushing us higher up the pitch having sat back for much of the game but this left them more exposed which we finally exploited. Lovely first touch and cross by Smyth for the second.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Smyth on 19:13 - Feb 17 with 7305 views2Thomas2Bowles

Smyth on 19:09 - Feb 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

Done more in 5 weeks for us than SWP did in 5 years! ;)

Like a breathe of fresh air when he came on. I thought Bolton improved after the sending off (harsh red from where I was sat). Started pushing us higher up the pitch having sat back for much of the game but this left them more exposed which we finally exploited. Lovely first touch and cross by Smyth for the second.

And more than CW did in the game

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Smyth on 19:15 - Feb 17 with 7290 viewskensalriser

Smyth on 19:13 - Feb 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

And more than CW did in the game

Safe to say we've all got the message by now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Smyth on 19:17 - Feb 17 with 7279 viewsTripleR

Agreed. Brings more to the game than Wash, better and more intelligent movement, pacey and for a small guy he's a handful for the defenders at set pieces.
Smyth on 19:21 - Feb 17 with 7237 viewsizlingtonhoop

He looks like he wants to play football.
Smyth on 19:22 - Feb 17 with 7228 viewsRs_Holy

Smyth on 19:17 - Feb 17 by TripleR

Agreed. Brings more to the game than Wash, better and more intelligent movement, pacey and for a small guy he's a handful for the defenders at set pieces.

yep Great work to set up the second goal. Sublime cross too.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 19:22]
Smyth on 19:22 - Feb 17 with 7221 viewsqprd

Smyth on 19:17 - Feb 17 by TripleR

Agreed

i hate to pile on washington b/c he does work hard, but a lot of his work rate is unintelligent.... he doesn't seem to make a lot of runs behind the defence either

smyth kept making a similar, but very intelligent run where he would come short for a pass with his back to goal... the defender would follow him and then smyth would turn around and sprint behind him into space... kind of like an nfl wide receiver who stops and then continues running down the field

i can't recall CW ever making a run like that

smyth also is like a hyperactive terrier who gives everyone else a bit of extra energy... he just needs to hit the gym asap b/c he's not going to survive the championship with his diminutive frame
Smyth on 19:42 - Feb 17 with 7116 viewsconnell10

Smyth on 19:22 - Feb 17 by qprd

Agreed

i hate to pile on washington b/c he does work hard, but a lot of his work rate is unintelligent.... he doesn't seem to make a lot of runs behind the defence either

smyth kept making a similar, but very intelligent run where he would come short for a pass with his back to goal... the defender would follow him and then smyth would turn around and sprint behind him into space... kind of like an nfl wide receiver who stops and then continues running down the field

smyth also is like a hyperactive terrier who gives everyone else a bit of extra energy... he just needs to hit the gym asap b/c he's not going to survive the championship with his diminutive frame

Agree with most of that apart from the gym business, he doesn’t need to beef up imo he can handle himself ok as he is , I think that’s a part of his charm small aggressive bastard , I like! Wv

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smyth on 19:43 - Feb 17 with 7107 viewskomradkirk

Full time training should put a bit of muscle on him.Tough cookie with no fear,shown a lot of what he can do in a few games so i expect him to kick on and be a decent player for us.
There are a few more talented players in the Irish League and it seems we are watching.
So pleased we took a chance on Paul.well done QPR.
Smyth on 19:46 - Feb 17 with 7079 viewsenfieldargh

This is the precise description of him as a player....all energy all action. Its the raw enthusiasm of someone who wants to win and hasn't learnt to allow fear to effect him

hope it rubs off on a bit more of them

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Smyth on 19:58 - Feb 17 with 7000 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Attitude, loved Smyth not taking any crap from the keeper and his marker on that series of corners we had just before the goal.

If I recall correctly, in an interview a few weeks back he was talking about not giving a monkeys about how big his opposition is, he is the one who is going to be giving out the stick.
Smyth on 21:13 - Feb 17 with 6743 viewstoemasher

He would be your worst nightmare when your a goal down , a man down and a big tired defender.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 21:13]
Smyth on 21:56 - Feb 17 with 6581 viewsDWQPR

The boy has got two good feet as well and spots a pass quick. Also for me Eze is another one that has landed on our laps. You can just tell that he has class. Loved the nutmeg when in a tight position, Adelesque that was. These two will start to get the crowds coming back I hope.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Smyth on 22:14 - Feb 17 with 6502 viewsbosh67

Smyth on 21:56 - Feb 17 by DWQPR

The boy has got two good feet as well and spots a pass quick. Also for me Eze is another one that has landed on our laps. You can just tell that he has class. Loved the nutmeg when in a tight position, Adelesque that was. These two will start to get the crowds coming back I hope.

Agree with this. Eze has his head up all the time and although he is a different style of footballer you can see that he has the potential to be the link up player we have been missing and there are hints of a Faurlin type player to come.

Smyth. What I liked so much from his short performance to day is he has enormous pace but again he runs the angles and the channels and he tells players exactly where he wants the ball. And that cross from the byline, something we have been missing.

And amazingly, if you put the ball into the area for Smith to actually attack he will more often than not get it in or on target.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smyth on 00:57 - Feb 18 with 6170 viewsoldmisery

It seems like we're all agreed; energy in abundance, enthusiasm, athleticism and a sheer joy of playing that emanates from every pore. Of course he's still very young and inexperienced but many of the defenders he's faced since his debut don't seem to know how to contain him. He also appears to have a decent understanding with big Smith, something that CW will probably never be able to achieve.

And whilst this is off subject, doesn't it seem ironic that in the three games since our 'Defensive Coach' departed, we have kept two clean sheets!
Smyth on 05:05 - Feb 18 with 5925 views18StoneOfHoop

Smyth on 19:22 - Feb 17 by qprd

Agreed

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Smyth on 05:24 - Feb 18 with 5903 viewsOnlyMe

Smyth on 19:43 - Feb 17 by komradkirk

Full time training should put a bit of muscle on him.Tough cookie with no fear,shown a lot of what he can do in a few games so i expect him to kick on and be a decent player for us.
There are a few more talented players in the Irish League and it seems we are watching.
So pleased we took a chance on Paul.well done QPR.

Is that the best thing for him? He's light so if he gets clattered he's more likely to bounce away but, and probably more import, he has that initial speed. With the cross for the goal he was gone and crossing before the back had started his engine.

Being small and light makes it easy for him --- carrying extra muscle would make hi heavier and might well takeaway the explosive. Think of the really quick ones over we've had --- short and powerful or taller and skinny. Why not just keep him as he is and work on decision-making when it come to when to go inside or outside.
Smyth on 05:55 - Feb 18 with 5881 views18StoneOfHoop

The Belfast boy wee slip of a lad and his appetite reminds me a tiny titchy little bit of the Sligo flyer,but better.

IF YOU WEREN'T A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'D BE?
Very unhappy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOOTBALL-PLAYER-FOCUS-PAUL-MCGEE-QUEENS-PARK-RANGERS-

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/paul-smyth-signs/
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 6:41]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Smyth on 07:27 - Feb 18 with 5759 viewssmegma

Smyth on 18:38 - Feb 17 by LongsufferingR

Totally changed the attitude and energy levels when he came on. Everything was too slow and laboured but his speed of movement and thought was a real eye-opener.

We've got a good one here!

Took the words out of my mouth. As soon as he came he added pace and always wanted the ball. Up to that point we were so pedestrian. As we are most games. The kids got a bright future. Lets hope he spends a lot of it with us.
Smyth on 08:51 - Feb 18 with 5578 viewsLadbrokeR

I agree a fantastic cross
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024