Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky highlights 19:32 - Feb 17 with 2122 viewsFDC

They show Smith The Elder's goal first oddly

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11255182/qpr-2-0-bolton
Sky highlights on 20:13 - Feb 17 with 1996 viewsDixie_CT

Great save by Smithies. Don't think that was a red. Top cross by Smyth. Said Lynch FGS before game and laid on £0.

Here's to another season in the Endsligh Championship, Zenith Data and entry to the Anglo-Italian Cup.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 20:14]
Sky highlights on 20:24 - Feb 17 with 1957 viewskropotkin41

Sky highlights on 20:13 - Feb 17 by Dixie_CT

Great save by Smithies. Don't think that was a red. Top cross by Smyth. Said Lynch FGS before game and laid on £0.

Here's to another season in the Endsligh Championship, Zenith Data and entry to the Anglo-Italian Cup.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 20:14]

You don't think that a two footed lunge over and completely missing the ball was a red? My word!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Sky highlights on 20:37 - Feb 17 with 1913 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for posting, FDC.

Was in London today but couldn't get to HQ or even listen to comms.

C'mon you R's!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sky highlights on 20:48 - Feb 17 with 1875 viewsDixie_CT

Sky highlights on 20:24 - Feb 17 by kropotkin41

You don't think that a two footed lunge over and completely missing the ball was a red? My word!

Define lunge? Aren't all tackles that go to ground a lunge of some sorts. There seems to be an obsession with two footed. It's sounds dreadful but reality is, where do you put the other foot?

His left foot goes over the ball and makes no contact. His right foot trails along the floor and makes contact.

Free kick, yellow card for being reckless not red for excessive force.
Sky highlights on 20:57 - Feb 17 with 1847 viewsdanehoop

Sky highlights on 20:48 - Feb 17 by Dixie_CT

Define lunge? Aren't all tackles that go to ground a lunge of some sorts. There seems to be an obsession with two footed. It's sounds dreadful but reality is, where do you put the other foot?

His left foot goes over the ball and makes no contact. His right foot trails along the floor and makes contact.

Free kick, yellow card for being reckless not red for excessive force.

Dixie,

when you see it in the replay, which actually provides a pretty good idea of the view that the ref would have had, it looks like a red card offense. There wasn't any attempt to take the ball, the whole challenge is feet up, sliding in sideways to take the player out who has otherwise beaten both defenders. It I think the severity and context of the challenge made it very easy to for the Ref. To b fair too, there is not much in the way of outrage or protest from any of the players involved, usually a fair indicator that he knew he got it wrong in the challenge.

Never knowingly understood

Sky highlights on 21:14 - Feb 17 with 1790 viewsDixie_CT

Sky highlights on 20:57 - Feb 17 by danehoop

Dixie,

when you see it in the replay, which actually provides a pretty good idea of the view that the ref would have had, it looks like a red card offense. There wasn't any attempt to take the ball, the whole challenge is feet up, sliding in sideways to take the player out who has otherwise beaten both defenders. It I think the severity and context of the challenge made it very easy to for the Ref. To b fair too, there is not much in the way of outrage or protest from any of the players involved, usually a fair indicator that he knew he got it wrong in the challenge.

I’ve watched it 3 times on replay and am still not 100% it’s red. I sit in A block and it locked awful when he launched in but I didn’t see the full tackle.

Bolton were pretty toothless and didn’t really turn up. There was a general sense of apathy towards it all. No major protests from the players but at he same time Lynch’s shove is hardly one of ‘you’ve just tried to break my mates leg’

On a complete side note, NewsJack, the comedy show on BBC Radio 4 had a great sketch about the VAR. went via VAR to VAPyscholgist to VAPhilosper to VAFrenchPoet. Made me laugh.
Sky highlights on 21:20 - Feb 17 with 1766 viewsisawqpratwcity

Yeah, bizarre editing, that. Thanks for posting.

Clearly a red: he went in with both feet and didn't have a clue where they were going - he could have got the ball, he could have ended Luongo's season.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Sky highlights on 21:54 - Feb 17 with 1691 viewsToast_R

I thought they were playing three halves... or three thirds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024