Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We all have certain teams we like beating. 19:54 - Feb 17 with 2273 viewsOnlyMe

On 5th April 1997, the Rs were due at Burnden Park, Bolton, an historic ground to which I'd never been and which, since Bolton were moving to a new home at the end of the season, I would never get another chance to visit with QPR, so off I went with my young niece acting as navigator.

It rained. All day. We hardy few (and it was just a few) were stuck on an open terrace (or half an open terrace since part had already been sold off) and watched another poor performance from our lot.

There was, however, one bright spot, a fantastic goal from new signing Steve Morrow (Morrow had been released by Arsenal as soon as new manager Wenger had had time to look at his squad --- clue there). A long-range thunderbolt of a goal. Unfortunately. in the rest of the games he played for us (another 90 ) he never repeated that, being responsible for far more goals from opponents than he ever was for goals for us.

Bolton went on to win that game 2-1 and, importantly for them, it either clinched the title or promotion (can't remember which) and they celebrated accordingly. For the most part their fans were't even insulting, just dismissive, because we, to them, no longer mattered and, on that day being ignored (apart from the odd "We won't be seeing you again for a while") hurt more than any insult. The drive home seemed a long one (especially with only a sad young girl for company) --- and it rained all the way.

Now Bolton aren't one of our local (or even London) rivals or narrwich or Luton or MK or Swindon (all personal choices) but if our win today contributes to Bolton ending in a relegation place, I will not let myself crow about it, but will just be contentedly disdainful.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 23:25]
We all have certain teams we like beating. on 20:03 - Feb 17 with 2224 viewsBluce_Ree

Cardiff. There's so many reasons to hate them and unlike Chelsea and Liverpool (the two worst things in the universe) we actually get to play them pretty often. I'm not sure what our head to head record is (probably gash) but every time we beat them it's a little bit special just because I like the idea of their c*nt fans being unhappy. Even if that probably (read: definitely) leads to massive amounts of domestic abuse in the South of Wales later that day.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 20:53 - Feb 17 with 2158 viewsShotKneesHoop

It's spelt .. and pronounced Naaaaaaaartch.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 20:58 - Feb 17 with 2147 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Reading

Closely followed by Fulham

Highest climber Brentford

Poll: Expectations for this season?

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 21:07 - Feb 17 with 2109 views2Thomas2Bowles

There is no greater joy than beating the scum.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2018 21:31]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 21:19 - Feb 17 with 2073 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Another vote for Norwich, and in particular Grant Holt’s Norwich.
We all have certain teams we like beating. on 21:28 - Feb 17 with 2056 viewsRs_Holy

chelshite all day long!
We all have certain teams we like beating. on 21:35 - Feb 17 with 2034 viewsBoston

ALL London Derbies.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 21:43 - Feb 17 with 2016 viewskingo

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 20:58 - Feb 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

Reading

Closely followed by Fulham

Highest climber Brentford

Agree with you plus Norwich, can’t ever forgive them plus I hate the kit and Grant Holt and Bradley Johnson

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 21:56 - Feb 17 with 1991 viewsBoston

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 21:43 - Feb 17 by kingo

Agree with you plus Norwich, can’t ever forgive them plus I hate the kit and Grant Holt and Bradley Johnson

I can't be so hard hearted, not since I discovered they take 'em down the mines in cages.....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 22:07 - Feb 17 with 1971 viewskingo

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 21:56 - Feb 17 by Boston

I can't be so hard hearted, not since I discovered they take 'em down the mines in cages.....

Cruel, I know but just remember Delia and that will refocus you

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 23:30 - Feb 17 with 1906 viewsOnlyMe

If it was just that old memory --- or Delia ---or too many games there on Boxing Day or New Year's Eve or day ...... But I could name at least three other good reasons for wanting them beaten every time they play (but especially against us).
We all have certain teams we like beating. on 00:01 - Feb 18 with 1875 viewsCamberleyR

We all have certain teams we like beating. on 20:03 - Feb 17 by Bluce_Ree

Cardiff. There's so many reasons to hate them and unlike Chelsea and Liverpool (the two worst things in the universe) we actually get to play them pretty often. I'm not sure what our head to head record is (probably gash) but every time we beat them it's a little bit special just because I like the idea of their c*nt fans being unhappy. Even if that probably (read: definitely) leads to massive amounts of domestic abuse in the South of Wales later that day.

Head to head actually surprisingly good. 35 wins to their 26.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024