Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ref and officials 22:06 - Feb 17 with 2112 viewsbosh67

Pretty poor today I thought. Missed most offsides, shirt pulling and a few other things and to be fair if that was a straight red the game game has gone to sh*t. Not that I care, we won, but not just the ref today, he wasn't helped much.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The ref and officials on 22:10 - Feb 17 with 2107 viewsQPR_John

Agree he missed a lot but that was a classic red card offence off the ground studs showing.
The ref and officials on 22:17 - Feb 17 with 2078 viewsquickpassrotter

The ref and officials on 22:10 - Feb 17 by QPR_John

Agree he missed a lot but that was a classic red card offence off the ground studs showing.

From where we were in the South Africa Road stand - thought it was absolutely not a Red card. Watched it back on TV and the various replays now - and we completely got that wrong, Horrible, dangerous tackle. Absolute Red card. Just shows you - hindsight, clearly a Red.
The ref and officials on 22:18 - Feb 17 with 2075 views2Thomas2Bowles

It was a red, just lucky it did not break a leg.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The ref and officials on 22:23 - Feb 17 with 2054 viewsbosh67

The ref and officials on 22:10 - Feb 17 by QPR_John

Having watched it several times it was clumsy at best. He's not going in studs first, he's close so he's not out of control and it didn't put Luongo in obvious danger. A yellow at best but the ref seemed to see it as a much more dangerous tackle than most of us did in SAR. I was really amazed and would have been furious the other way round. Manning, as much as I love him as a player was out of control a few weeks back and had to go. No complaints. Today that looked very soft to me.

But then again Smith had his shirt almost ripped off him countless times today and the ref gave nothing.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The ref and officials on 22:37 - Feb 17 with 2023 viewsOnlyMe

The ref and officials on 22:23 - Feb 17 by bosh67

Having watched it several times it was clumsy at best. He's not going in studs first, he's close so he's not out of control and it didn't put Luongo in obvious danger. A yellow at best but the ref seemed to see it as a much more dangerous tackle than most of us did in SAR. I was really amazed and would have been furious the other way round. Manning, as much as I love him as a player was out of control a few weeks back and had to go. No complaints. Today that looked very soft to me.

But then again Smith had his shirt almost ripped off him countless times today and the ref gave nothing.

Re: "Missed Offsides" --- Where were you sitting?
The ref and officials on 23:41 - Feb 17 with 1905 viewsFDC

Only seen the sky highlights but in real time it looked a sof red, but on replay looked horrendous, so fair play to the ref
The ref and officials on 07:33 - Feb 18 with 1782 viewssmegma

The ref and officials on 22:23 - Feb 17 by bosh67

I got nearer to the ball sitting down in G block. Nowhere near the ball. Goes over the top of the ball by about a foot and clatters Luongo who was very lucky. Defo red as was Mannings.
The ref and officials on 07:53 - Feb 18 with 1747 viewsdavman

The ref and officials on 07:33 - Feb 18 by smegma

I got nearer to the ball sitting down in G block. Nowhere near the ball. Goes over the top of the ball by about a foot and clatters Luongo who was very lucky. Defo red as was Mannings.

Not at the game yesterday, but first time I saw it, I said To my son, "why's he been sent off for that?". After seeing the replay, I burst out laughing and said, "ah, that's why". Disgusting "tackle", straight red and instead of blaming Ollie and the crowd for that, Parkinson should be looking to fine his player for potentially costing them points.

Disgraceful challenge.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

The ref and officials on 08:09 - Feb 18 with 1730 viewsderbyhoop

Off the ground, out of control. Straight red every time.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The ref and officials on 10:11 - Feb 18 with 1543 viewsLongsufferingR

Luongo was lucky the defender's lunge missed his legs. Would be out for months otherwise.

Problem I had with the ref was too much whistle right from the start except when Smith's shirt was being removed from his back, which as we all know by now is not an offence at all unless it happens on the halfway line.
The ref and officials on 10:17 - Feb 18 with 1528 viewsted_hendrix

Parkinson's thoughts;

"Mark Little's (feet) left the ground and he's given the ref a decision to make. Away from home, when you've got the weak officials we had today, it was always going to end up in a red.

"I can see why he's given that one, but I thought the all-round performance of all four officials was very poor.

"Loftus Road is a tight ground, the crowd are on top of you and Ian Holloway's jumping up and down appealing for everything and having a go at the ref at half-time.

"You need strong officials and we didn't have them today. I think if that had been a QPR player it would have been a yellow card."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The ref and officials on 10:34 - Feb 18 with 1492 viewsOldPedro

The thing that amazed me was as mentioned above, Matt Smith was continually having his shirt pulled but the ref gave nothing. Yet whenever a Bolton player fell over under contact, he seemed to give them a free kick.

Then on one occassion, he penalised Pav for a shirt pull on a Bolton defender!

I agree with Parkinson that the ref was poor but thought he gave loads of decisions to Bolton but didn't give the same things to us.

For Smiths goal - if he had missed, I wonder if the ref would have given us a penalty and sent Henry off for his attempted rugby tackle on Smith......

Overall, I thought the result was about right and we deserved the win

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The ref and officials on 11:13 - Feb 18 with 1425 viewsHarbour

From upper loft looked like a yellow at worst from seeing back on tv can see why it was a red. Ref was very inconsistent..would like to hear pinner Paul’s view on the shirt pulling surely an offence but ref never gave smith even one free kick he must have had his shirt pulled 5 times..
The ref and officials on 12:51 - Feb 18 with 1310 viewsoldmisery

The ref and officials on 10:17 - Feb 18 by ted_hendrix

Parkinson's thoughts;

"Mark Little's (feet) left the ground and he's given the ref a decision to make. Away from home, when you've got the weak officials we had today, it was always going to end up in a red.

"I can see why he's given that one, but I thought the all-round performance of all four officials was very poor.

"Loftus Road is a tight ground, the crowd are on top of you and Ian Holloway's jumping up and down appealing for everything and having a go at the ref at half-time.

"You need strong officials and we didn't have them today. I think if that had been a QPR player it would have been a yellow card."

I also thought the officials were poor yesterday but hey Mrs Pot, where's your kettle?

Parkinson spent almost the entire game screaming at the 4th Official for which he, thankfully, copped some pelters from the guys in the paddocks behind his dug out.
The ref and officials on 13:46 - Feb 18 with 1272 viewsfrancisbowles

The ref and officials on 11:13 - Feb 18 by Harbour

From upper loft looked like a yellow at worst from seeing back on tv can see why it was a red. Ref was very inconsistent..would like to hear pinner Paul’s view on the shirt pulling surely an offence but ref never gave smith even one free kick he must have had his shirt pulled 5 times..

This happens every week. The guys around me think Smith should wear a paper shirt to shame the refs into making a decision.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024