Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players you were gutted to see leave 23:24 - Feb 17 with 9831 viewsFDC

Which players were you most disappointed to see leave the club?

Growing up, Sinton and Ferdinand were the players that broke my heart when they left. But in recent times Routledge is the one I was most gutted to see leave. He's the kind of player I just love to watch -- pacey, tricksy winger that whips balls in. And he left in a weird way, with no fanfare.

Players you were gutted to see leave on 23:45 - Feb 17 with 4791 viewsOnlyMe

Mike Keen (even more so than Rodney) because he had been the captain and leader for so long, Phil Parkes, Les (obviously), Darren Peacock (OK, the money was good but he was needed at that time), Clive Allen (obviously). Charlie Austin (again, obviously) and Loic Remy (forget what he's done since, it's what he could have done for us then) are ones that come immediately to mind.
Players you were gutted to see leave on 23:51 - Feb 17 with 4774 viewsLythamR

Players you were gutted to see leave on 23:45 - Feb 17 by OnlyMe

Mike Keen (even more so than Rodney) because he had been the captain and leader for so long, Phil Parkes, Les (obviously), Darren Peacock (OK, the money was good but he was needed at that time), Clive Allen (obviously). Charlie Austin (again, obviously) and Loic Remy (forget what he's done since, it's what he could have done for us then) are ones that come immediately to mind.

Rodney
Dave Thomas
David Seaman
Peter Crouch
Players you were gutted to see leave on 23:52 - Feb 17 with 4770 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Yeah agree about your 3 choices. I'd chuck Paul Parker in with that lot. David Bardsley is probably my favourite all time player. Can't remember him arriving or leaving.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Players you were gutted to see leave on 23:53 - Feb 17 with 4765 viewsCamberleyR

Dave Thomas
Phil Parkes
Paul Parker
Richard Langley - especially as it was to Cardiff

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Players you were gutted to see leave on 01:43 - Feb 18 with 4689 viewswombat

Players you were gutted to see leave on 23:53 - Feb 17 by CamberleyR

Dave Thomas
Phil Parkes
Paul Parker
Richard Langley - especially as it was to Cardiff

Dave Thomas.
Stan
Beardsley

Sir les
Austin
Adel how can you not miss a player with that much ability even though he was a bellend on occasions

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Players you were gutted to see leave on 01:48 - Feb 18 with 4687 viewsPunteR

Players you were gutted to see leave on 01:43 - Feb 18 by wombat

Dave Thomas.
Stan
Beardsley

Sir les
Austin
Adel how can you not miss a player with that much ability even though he was a bellend on occasions

Yeh Les,Austin, Taraabt,
Faurlin, Hill

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Players you were gutted to see leave on 01:48 - Feb 18 with 4684 viewsBoston

The past....Phil Parkes
The reasonably recent....Wayne Routledge.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Players you were gutted to see leave on 02:03 - Feb 18 with 4666 viewsJigsore

i understood completely why we had to sell Austin and I have no issue with how we did it. but £4m crikey, a couple of years later and the transfer market would have inflated so much so you could see him for £20m, even on the last year of his contract, and Premier League club stil wouldn't have thought twice. terribly unlucky timing.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Players you were gutted to see leave on 02:04 - Feb 18 with 4665 viewsjohncharles

Agree with most of those. I was very peed off when we sold Dave Needham. He only been with us long enough for me to realise we’ed found a gem and suddenly he’s gone for no particular reason.
So angry I phoned in sick the next day and went to the pub.

Strong and stable my arse.

Players you were gutted to see leave on 02:49 - Feb 18 with 4639 viewsNov77

Phil parkes.

A bolt out of the blue, never saw it coming.
Parkes himself said he was happy to stay but Jim Gregory wanted the money.

The thing I always remember about that transfer is that I found out via Ceefax which was relatively new technology at the time!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Players you were gutted to see leave on 02:51 - Feb 18 with 4635 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Les 1996
Players you were gutted to see leave on 05:43 - Feb 18 with 4595 viewsOnlyMe

Adel was no longer part of the club in spirit when he left. His time (great as it was) had been and gone.

Stan, Dave Thomas ,and Clint Hill had also reached that "right time". Same with Dave Bardsley who was, IMO, our second best right back ever --- and when you consider that my number one would be Dave Clement that says something.

Richard Langley could and probably should have been very special but he seemed to fall prey to temperament and constant little niggles which affected his pace and the Cruciate injury finished him.

Routledge (though he did have a few too many days off than I liked) --- and Crouchy --- I would never argue with.

Seaman? Meh --- Never one of favs I always felt he felt as if he was just passing through on his way up (and that's exactly how it turned out).
Players you were gutted to see leave on 06:04 - Feb 18 with 4587 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Players you were gutted to see leave on 02:04 - Feb 18 by johncharles

Agree with most of those. I was very peed off when we sold Dave Needham. He only been with us long enough for me to realise we’ed found a gem and suddenly he’s gone for no particular reason.

We signed him from Notts County and within a year, sold him to Notts Forest. If Naymar trots out in Real Madrid white in August, I’ll let you decide.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players you were gutted to see leave on 06:52 - Feb 18 with 4563 viewsozexile

Devestated by Parker leaving. I couldn't understand why he wanted to go.

Actually too many players to mention here but I'll give you Quashie. When he first broke through he was an awesome player. Had Gullit in his pocket in a cup game at home. He just never kicked on.
Players you were gutted to see leave on 06:56 - Feb 18 with 4556 viewssmegma

Ian Dawes.
Players you were gutted to see leave on 07:52 - Feb 18 with 4497 viewsPlanetHonneywood

1. Clive Allen (both occasions). The first made me realise that playing for a club like QPR didn’t matter when the big boys came knocking and the second time, that confirmed we’d reached our peak (see below).

2. Terry Venables - not as a player, but as a manager. His departure was the point at which I doubted QPR would ever really mix it with the big boys regularly.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players you were gutted to see leave on 07:55 - Feb 18 with 4493 viewsdavman

Les, Simon Stainrod and Macca.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Players you were gutted to see leave on 08:56 - Feb 18 with 4398 viewsDorse

Sir Les
Tricky Trev
Danny $hittu

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players you were gutted to see leave on 09:07 - Feb 18 with 4370 viewsToast_R

The list could go on forever.
Les the worst but Sinton was also gutting as was Sinclair a few years later.
Shittu
Lee Cook although his kind gesture softened to the loss a bit
And my first real dissapointment as a child- Steve Wicks leaving.
Players you were gutted to see leave on 09:16 - Feb 18 with 4339 viewsEsox_Lucius

Just about everyone mentioned above but Phil Parkes was the one that really affected me as I stopped going for 3 years; I was so angry at the club for selling him. That helped to inure me to the resultant sales of assets over the following seasons and now it doesn't affect me anywhere near as much. I think Adel was forced out by fans after the POTY fiasco, Hughes & Redknapp. I always believed that when he went onto the pitch, he never hid, always wanted the ball because he believed he could make a difference which, despite his immaturity in his personality, hasn't always been the case with a number of our players over the years.

The grass is always greener.

Players you were gutted to see leave on 09:35 - Feb 18 with 4300 viewsjohncharles

Players you were gutted to see leave on 02:49 - Feb 18 by Nov77

Phil parkes.

A bolt out of the blue, never saw it coming.
Parkes himself said he was happy to stay but Jim Gregory wanted the money.

The thing I always remember about that transfer is that I found out via Ceefax which was relatively new technology at the time!

I saw him in the Crown and Sceptre a few weeks later. Shook his hand and said how great we all thought he was and sad we were to see him go. “It was nothing to do with me mate”

Strong and stable my arse.

Players you were gutted to see leave on 09:47 - Feb 18 with 4273 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Parkes. I was a child and it was the first time it dawned on me that there was a food chain.

It was the first time my heart was broken and, like with relationships, your heart can only get broken once. It heals, but it heals harder, blacker and smaller. And though it will be torn, pulled, kicked and mauled many, many more times it will never really be broken again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players you were gutted to see leave on 10:11 - Feb 18 with 4226 viewsenfieldargh

Players you were gutted to see leave on 02:04 - Feb 18 by johncharles

Think this was an arrangement between Jim Gregory and the forest chairman.

No way were County going to sell their top asset to Forest

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Players you were gutted to see leave on 10:15 - Feb 18 with 4215 viewsLongsufferingR

Paul Goddard.

Was more gutted by that than Clive Allen at the time.
Players you were gutted to see leave on 10:26 - Feb 18 with 4185 viewsLowerloftLad

Langley going to Cardiff i read it on teletext and was heart broken

Lee cook to fulham

Adel taraabt to fulham

Charlie to Southampton

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024