Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football & acid house 86 - 91 17:34 - Feb 20 with 3126 viewsed_83

Hello! Long-time lurker, irregular poster...

I'm doing some research for a film documentary on the birth of acid house, between the years 1986 and 1991: one of the things I'm looking at is the connection between the acid house scene and football fans.

There are a couple of anecdotes about fans discovering ecstasy through the house scene, taking it at matches, and this creating a much more loved-up and less aggressive atmosphere. I'm hoping to find anything which might cast a bit more light on this, find out whether the myths are true, and uncover ways in which we can tell this story.

If anyone on here was going out to raves back in the day and might be willing to talk about any of this stuff, I would love to chat to you!
Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 17:59 - Feb 20 with 3075 viewsLblock

See the Frankie Friday thread.........

Think you may have your target audience and a few recollections across those circa 170 pages as a starter for 10 lad!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 18:02 - Feb 20 with 3071 viewsPunteR

Go to the Frankie Friday music thread on here if you want to know about the music. I was 10 in 86 so a bit before my time. Im sure theres posters on here that can help you out though.
Good luck with the documentary.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 18:49 - Feb 20 with 3011 viewsdanehoop

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 18:02 - Feb 20 by PunteR

Go to the Frankie Friday music thread on here if you want to know about the music. I was 10 in 86 so a bit before my time. Im sure theres posters on here that can help you out though.
Good luck with the documentary.

Favourite cheese is also a prerequisite for any new poster.

Otherwise ask Disco. He apparently may know someone who might have tried some substances allegedly, about that time.

Never knowingly understood

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 20:41 - Feb 20 with 2940 viewsFDC

Bit before my time, bit I'll definitely watch it!

I think Simon Reynolds talks a bit about this in his book Energy Flash?
Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 22:11 - Feb 20 with 2867 viewssmegma

I'm a casualty of the disco biscuit era. I should've known better but I'm still here. The biggest difference I recall was on England trips when you had ICF and Headhunters conversing with each other in a 'one love' stylee instead of wanting to kill each other like at 7am in Glasgow Barrowlands before the England v Scotland game in 87. Or Greece away in 89 when 657 and Headhunters stood side by side in the Battle of Glifada. We were all monged out in some Athenian club at 3am when the locals decided to attack from all sides in the Sussex Arms. Not a good time to drop a tab or two.
Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 01:59 - Feb 21 with 2765 viewsBoston

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 22:11 - Feb 20 by smegma

I'm a casualty of the disco biscuit era. I should've known better but I'm still here. The biggest difference I recall was on England trips when you had ICF and Headhunters conversing with each other in a 'one love' stylee instead of wanting to kill each other like at 7am in Glasgow Barrowlands before the England v Scotland game in 87. Or Greece away in 89 when 657 and Headhunters stood side by side in the Battle of Glifada. We were all monged out in some Athenian club at 3am when the locals decided to attack from all sides in the Sussex Arms. Not a good time to drop a tab or two.

Oh they could be pally without any unprescribed medication.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 05:08 - Feb 21 with 2740 viewssmegma

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 01:59 - Feb 21 by Boston

Oh they could be pally without any unprescribed medication.

ICF / 657 were never pally with anyone on England away trips. Mind you, by about 93 the status quo resumed.
Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 05:45 - Feb 21 with 2731 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Football and acid house 86-91 you say?

At a push, it probably started around 5pm, Sunday 20 April 1986 in the HA9 district of London.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 11:21 - Feb 21 with 2586 viewsWestbourneR

Who you make it for mate? Always thought the subject make a good doco.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 16:12 - Feb 22 with 2399 viewsed_83

Thanks all... will start trawling through the music thread! I'm pretty up to speed on the music side of things, but the specific connection between football and house doesn't seem to have been written about very often or in very much detail.

If anyone would be happy to chat to me directly, or knows anyone who might be, please let me know!
Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 16:48 - Feb 22 with 2373 viewsLblock

I remember The "supa-soaraway" Sun ran a couple of articles of the time which simply had to be a wind up.

One (I think Disco brought it up on the thread) went on about the changing profile of a football thug and went onto list things like he'd wear Reebok classics, have long hair, go to raves etc.

Another one was about the "explosion" of people they christened "Acid Ted's" - lads who were still rushing from the night before and specifically went to football for the surge of adrenaline his team scoring a goal would give and bring back the buzz.

Those days were simply the best though.. however I was only in and amongst it from 89 onwards.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, 1990 was God's Year. It'll never be beaten for football, music, weather and having a good time.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 17:24 - Feb 22 with 2357 viewsBrixtonR

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 16:12 - Feb 22 by ed_83

Thanks all... will start trawling through the music thread! I'm pretty up to speed on the music side of things, but the specific connection between football and house doesn't seem to have been written about very often or in very much detail.

If anyone would be happy to chat to me directly, or knows anyone who might be, please let me know!

I'll write a bit more later...also affected the clothes football lads were wearing. have actually written some stuff down about this in the past so will dig it up, and write more later and more coherent
but definatly in late summer / autumn 87 there was big change in the clothes worn at football from the 86-87 season (Chipie etc.) I'm this was certain due to acid house even though some off those wearing the new changes didn't yet know anything about E..just felta perceptible change in the air lol

I make Smegma right. The ICF and 657 definitely mobbed up together to doa Pincer movement Germans at Dusseldorf station in June 1988 after the Engalnd Holland game...don't think that would had happened a year or so before. A lot of the ICF were directly involved in the Acid House scene e.g. Centreforce....specially if you think who DJ Pascha was lol

if you manage to find a short story called White Burger danny that gives quite a good account...though fictional.................
Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 01:28 - Feb 23 with 2210 viewsichbinnaughty

Unless you are willing to disclose a cheese you can f u c k right off.
Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 13:41 - Feb 23 with 2119 viewsFDC

The cheese-disclosure fundamentalist has logged on

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 13:57 - Feb 23 with 2103 viewsloftboy

There’s a documentary on Netflix about casuals which covers this a bit at the end.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 14:00 - Feb 23 with 2096 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Football & acid house 86 - 91 on 16:48 - Feb 22 by Lblock

I remember The "supa-soaraway" Sun ran a couple of articles of the time which simply had to be a wind up.

One (I think Disco brought it up on the thread) went on about the changing profile of a football thug and went onto list things like he'd wear Reebok classics, have long hair, go to raves etc.

Another one was about the "explosion" of people they christened "Acid Ted's" - lads who were still rushing from the night before and specifically went to football for the surge of adrenaline his team scoring a goal would give and bring back the buzz.

Those days were simply the best though.. however I was only in and amongst it from 89 onwards.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, 1990 was God's Year. It'll never be beaten for football, music, weather and having a good time.

Acid Ted's, I'd forgotten about that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024