Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheers for Washingtons substitution 22:47 - Mar 6 with 10648 viewsessextaxiboy

Fckin disgraceful IMO
The bloke is obviously not cutting it at this level probably
knows it and on top of that has no confidence but no one can critiscise him for effort and commitment .He isnt Bosingwa or Wright Phillips and didnt deserve to be treated like that .
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 22:49 - Mar 6 with 6965 viewsstevec

I didn't know he was on till they took him off.
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 22:52 - Mar 6 with 6938 viewsted_hendrix

Not good at all and totally unnecessary, nothing like wrecking the bloke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 22:55 - Mar 6 with 6893 views1MoreBrightonR

it was an odd performance from him...he hasnt been great and but he isnt usually anonymous. I would have thought that that 3 man attack would have suited him and he really was anonymous. I cant really fault any other players tonight but conner was off the ball even for him.
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 22:55 - Mar 6 with 6893 viewsnix

Where I was sitting we all clapped him off. I didn’t hear any cheering.

But I agree we should t be giving our own players a hard time when they’re working hard and just not maybe up to it. Having said that I’m not sure Holloway does him any favours starting him every week when he’s clearly out of form and confidence. It would be kinder to give him a break or bring him in as sub at the moment.
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 22:56 - Mar 6 with 6872 viewsTacticalR

I didn't hear anything either.

Air hostess clique

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 22:57 - Mar 6 with 6858 views100percent

have never booed him but FFS, put him in the reserves to build up his confidence, don't continue to play him. Everything about his game is wrong at the moment - body language, technique, running off the ball, reading of flick ons etc etc etc...
he's not at the races. we are relatively secure - play the youngsters - smyth and eze looked exciting today - bring oteh into the games, play bright samuel...
washington has been given chance after chance after chance - you can't just trade on his ability to run around pointlessly.
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 22:58 - Mar 6 with 6856 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wasn't audible on the stream. What a pity. I thought our fans had been very positive tonight from what we could hear.

I agree with your OP completely. It's been the same on this forum of late. We can all enjoy the cynicism that comes with being a fan of Rangers or of any team but we shouldn't as a group focus it audibly and viciously all on one person if that person is trying his hardest.

It's counter-productive. It's wrong.

What's more, when it's patently obvious that a player is not producing it scarcely needs endless repetition.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:00 - Mar 6 with 6825 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 22:55 - Mar 6 by nix

Where I was sitting we all clapped him off. I didn’t hear any cheering.

But I agree we should t be giving our own players a hard time when they’re working hard and just not maybe up to it. Having said that I’m not sure Holloway does him any favours starting him every week when he’s clearly out of form and confidence. It would be kinder to give him a break or bring him in as sub at the moment.

Perfectly put, nix.

Agree with all of that paragraph.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:01 - Mar 6 with 6807 viewsFDC

Whilst I agree that booing him is unfair and counterproductive, I think this (edit: 100 percent's post) is right. On tonight's performances it's crazy not to give these kids a run of starts.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 23:05]
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:04 - Mar 6 with 6786 viewsted_hendrix

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 22:57 - Mar 6 by 100percent

have never booed him but FFS, put him in the reserves to build up his confidence, don't continue to play him. Everything about his game is wrong at the moment - body language, technique, running off the ball, reading of flick ons etc etc etc...
he's not at the races. we are relatively secure - play the youngsters - smyth and eze looked exciting today - bring oteh into the games, play bright samuel...
washington has been given chance after chance after chance - you can't just trade on his ability to run around pointlessly.

He's shot to pieces, I also don't understand why he keeps starting games, surely as you say a run in the reserves would possibly help although I would have tried to have loaned him out In January to a L1 club.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:04 - Mar 6 with 6781 viewswombat

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:00 - Mar 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Perfectly put, nix.

Agree with all of that paragraph.

Was heard from the lower loft , a very loud cheers when he was taken off , like others tonight’s formation should have been perfect for him but he just didn’t get going , little effort which is strange even when he dosnt score he usually puts a shift in

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:07 - Mar 6 with 6756 viewsqprd

I didn’t hear any boos of Washington. Theee was more grumbling when lynch came on at the M.D. (including from yours truly, regettably)

heard boos of onohua when he failed to win a tackle in the first half... interestingly no one peeped when Robinson made one of his many odd decisions on the ball in the first half (not a knock on Robinso, though he wasn’t at his best today)

On Washington, I thought the formation didn’t suit him. We played a tight triangle in midfield, and neither of freeman or Luongo was asked to defend wide. As a result, Smyth and Washington had to assume responsibility for supporting the fullbacks in defend. This meant that they played very far off smith in atttack, almost as wingers. This suited Smyth more than Washington, as Smyth is better at playing wide than Conor

I think the foamtion might have been better for Washington if it was a 4-3-2-1 with Smyth and Washington playing off smith, and Luongo and Freeman providing support for the fullbacks .
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:08 - Mar 6 with 6734 views2Thomas2Bowles

I have always supported IH... as you may know
But he boils my piss by keep picking CW

He really is a poor striker sorry if you don't like that being repeated but it's a fact.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:10 - Mar 6 with 6719 viewsTripleR

I don't think the cheers were for Conner being taken off, I reckon it was for a much needed change in tactics, a substitution to try to break Derby down.
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:10 - Mar 6 with 6716 viewsWatfordR

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 22:57 - Mar 6 by 100percent

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of giving the kids a run, I'm not sure I'd trust some of the herberts who call themselves Rangers fans not to wreck the confidence, maybe even career, of one or more of them.

It appears there always needs to be a scapegoat, and atm CW is the fella. It may be that he's a big enough character not to let it get to him, and that means the other ten get an easier ride. If so, he's playing his part.
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:22 - Mar 6 with 6635 viewssmegma

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 22:56 - Mar 6 by TacticalR

I didn't hear anything either.

Ditto. He deserved to be subbed. I heard applause for his effort and no one jeered him. OTT from OP in my opinion.
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:27 - Mar 6 with 6602 viewsdaveB

I thought he got a good reception when he went off, he was bloody terrible tonight though.

One moment before he went off Smyth chased down the centre half and keeper who messed his clearance up and Washington was just stood in the middle watching rather than anticipating and helping to close down the next pass
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:29 - Mar 6 with 6583 viewsessextaxiboy

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:22 - Mar 6 by smegma

Ditto. He deserved to be subbed. I heard applause for his effort and no one jeered him. OTT from OP in my opinion.

Read the title of the OP . There were load and obvious cheers when it became clear that it was him coming off . Its not "OTT" to point that out .
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:32 - Mar 6 with 6564 viewsWatfordR

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:29 - Mar 6 by essextaxiboy

Read the title of the OP . There were load and obvious cheers when it became clear that it was him coming off . Its not "OTT" to point that out .

Must admit when I read the title (like "Thanks for CW substitution") and the first two lines of the post I thought you were having a dig at CW.

Completely accept you werent.
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:36 - Mar 6 with 6540 viewsessextaxiboy

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:32 - Mar 6 by WatfordR

Must admit when I read the title (like "Thanks for CW substitution") and the first two lines of the post I thought you were having a dig at CW.

Completely accept you werent.

Maybe I should have put cheering . I can see how it can be misinterpreted ..
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 23:40 - Mar 6 with 6507 viewsDavieQPR

I was in the Upper Loft and heard the jeers.He did seem to spend the game hiding.
As far as Lynch was concerned my son jokingly said it was time for Lynch to replace Smith a few minutes before he did. We did well today because Smyth and Eze offer us pace with no fear.
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 00:02 - Mar 7 with 6457 viewsrobith

Guy near me started jumping up and down as if we'd scored when he got subbed off and shout all manner of abuse. He then sat down and was on his phone for the next ten minutes occasionally looking up to shout "fxxk washington".

Conor looks totally bereft and broken and he was poor tonight - but I just don't understand someone who would turn up and do that for the team they allegedly support. Baffles me
Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 07:32 - Mar 7 with 6003 viewsEsox_Lucius

Without harping on about it, he was piss poor tonight. His performance was epitomised by two possessions around their goalmouth which he just smashed against a defenders legs when there was no chance of scoring a goal. Whatever lies in his professional future I on't think the way forward is at Loftus Road. As mentioned before, it was like starting with 10 men. IMO Bidwell & Robinson were poor throughout but, at times it appeared to be as a result of miscommunication and a touch of uncertainty with the new(ish) defensive plan. It is the sort of thing that can be cleaned up in pre season. The free kick for the goal looked like a perfectly executed training ground routine.

The grass is always greener.

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 08:28 - Mar 7 with 5815 viewsDorse

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 07:32 - Mar 7 by Esox_Lucius

Without harping on about it, he was piss poor tonight. His performance was epitomised by two possessions around their goalmouth which he just smashed against a defenders legs when there was no chance of scoring a goal. Whatever lies in his professional future I on't think the way forward is at Loftus Road. As mentioned before, it was like starting with 10 men. IMO Bidwell & Robinson were poor throughout but, at times it appeared to be as a result of miscommunication and a touch of uncertainty with the new(ish) defensive plan. It is the sort of thing that can be cleaned up in pre season. The free kick for the goal looked like a perfectly executed training ground routine.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cheers for Washingtons substitution on 08:33 - Mar 7 with 5787 viewsLblock

Here we go........ anyone would would think our fanbase are clueless morons

Jeers for players is never right but let’s have it right, Conor Toshington has not been barracked and he wasn’t last night. He does however deserve criticism for his abject and anonymous performances and Ollie can be rightly questioned for continually selecting him.

Check out the Sky Sports report and the little pearler “However striker Washington was completely ineffective- and failed to put a challenge on Kasey Palmer for Derbys opener”
Also... “Eze on the other hand was lively”

I’ve said it before, the vast majority of QPR fans know their football and follow their club through thin and thinner. If there’s a few brick batts thrown at someone it’s generally deserved in my humble opinion

Turning to the bigger picture- 21 efforts on goal last night but only 4 on target. Please God let Gary the tache unearth a couple of strikers this season as if not we are in for yet another relegation battle next year. This season’s not yet out to bed but I’d say we’re edging towards safety

Roll on Saturday

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024