Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugheless In Southampton? 12:31 - Mar 13 with 8636 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Well that's what the Mail (ok, yeah) think.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5494633/Mark-Hughes-brink-Sout

Heaven help them.
Hugheless In Southampton? on 22:43 - Mar 14 with 2805 viewsbosh67

Confirmed a few minutes ago. He only has 7 games to get himself sacked so he avoids relegation as a manager again. It's becoming an art form.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hugheless In Southampton? on 22:51 - Mar 14 with 2771 viewsted_hendrix

The piss flap had been all day at the ground interviewing the owners.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hugheless In Southampton? on 22:53 - Mar 14 with 2765 viewsPunteR

I cannot believe this guy has got another job in the prem. What is wrong with owners of football clubs?
I really hope he finally gets relegated .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hugheless In Southampton? on 22:54 - Mar 14 with 2762 viewsFredManRave

Hugheless In Southampton? on 21:41 - Mar 14 by DannyPaddox

Pants in Hants!

He's more a Hands in Pants, kinda guy.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hugheless In Southampton? on 23:21 - Mar 14 with 2704 viewsJigsore

apparently a deal till the end of the season with a £1m bonus if he stays up

think he'd be hopeless as a long term manager. but you can barely do worse than Pellegrino has been doing. slightly worried they might survive now

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Hugheless In Southampton? on 07:42 - Mar 15 with 2548 viewsHarbour

Hugheless In Southampton? on 22:43 - Mar 14 by bosh67

Confirmed a few minutes ago. He only has 7 games to get himself sacked so he avoids relegation as a manager again. It's becoming an art form.

My son in law is a big saints fan I have commiserated with him....shame they are a good club MH is the last person they need as manager
Hugheless In Southampton? on 08:25 - Mar 15 with 2480 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Hugheless In Southampton? on 23:21 - Mar 14 by Jigsore

apparently a deal till the end of the season with a £1m bonus if he stays up

think he'd be hopeless as a long term manager. but you can barely do worse than Pellegrino has been doing. slightly worried they might survive now

They just mentioned £2m on Talksport.
That is some incentive!
Hugheless In Southampton? on 08:39 - Mar 15 with 2457 viewsBlackandGoldR

I think if a Mr C Austin can get fit and stay fit they will stay up, if not, they will go down.
Hughes will have nothing to do with it if they go down and everything to do with it should they stay up. In his words, probably.
Wouldn't mind them down again, nice little away day, never seen us lose there, 2 wins and a draw.
Login to get fewer ads

Hugheless In Southampton? on 08:57 - Mar 15 with 2420 viewsEsox_Lucius

Leslie, Leslie, he's our man. If he he can't save us, no-one can.

The grass is always greener.

Hugheless In Southampton? on 09:03 - Mar 15 with 2412 viewsngbqpr

Not long ago Swansea & Saints were being held up as perfectly run 'medium-sized' clubs, lauded for their advance scouting of new managers, the assumption that any successful one with a club their size would get poached by the big boys....likewise west brom a whil eback.

Quite like all clubs, bit of a shame to see it all go wrong...tho Carvahal does seem to have done a good job. Nothing against Saints as a club, but would love to see Hughes screw it up, and finally get the relegation on his CV he deserves.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Hugheless In Southampton? on 09:11 - Mar 15 with 2406 viewsEsgaroth

Always like Southampton as a club similar in stature to us.

Never wanted a club to get relegated as much as I do right now.

Football is a fickle mistress 😉

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Hugheless In Southampton? on 09:14 - Mar 15 with 2401 viewsDejR_vu

Hugheless In Southampton? on 08:25 - Mar 15 by CroydonCaptJack

They just mentioned £2m on Talksport.
That is some incentive!

Incredible if true. The mad, mad world of football; continually rewarding mediocrity. Eight games, eight weeks and he could quite conceivably pick up a huge bonus because two other sides/managers are worse than him (WBA already look gone).

Quoted as saying he took the job because of his affinity with the club. Sounds suspiciously like he thinks he's doing them a favour.

Would love to see Stoke and Southampton go down. He'd have the brass neck to claim he wasn't given enough time at Stoke to turn things around and not enough time to have an impact at Southampton. To go from Mark I've never been around long enough to see a relegation through Hughes, to Mark I've been relegated twice in one season Hughes, would be quite amusing.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Hugheless In Southampton? on 09:21 - Mar 15 with 2380 viewsEastR

Please let Stoke and Southampton get relegated now for the 17/18 section of his CV

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Hugheless In Southampton? on 10:27 - Mar 15 with 2295 views2Thomas2Bowles

Speaking to a saints fan friend, he thinks I'm being a bit "harsh" on MH

Well, I suppose we all have to find out the hard way about somethings sometimes.

Easy away game next season then.

I wonder if that fat kid still goes.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2018 10:30]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Hugheless In Southampton? on 10:36 - Mar 15 with 2260 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hugheless In Southampton? on 09:21 - Mar 15 by EastR

Please let Stoke and Southampton get relegated now for the 17/18 section of his CV

I wonder, what is the record for a manager's relegations per season?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hugheless In Southampton? on 10:50 - Mar 15 with 2233 viewslave16

Hugheless In Southampton? on 10:36 - Mar 15 by isawqpratwcity

I wonder, what is the record for a manager's relegations per season?

wondering why the saints have done this

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Hugheless In Southampton? on 10:55 - Mar 15 with 2210 viewsMick_S

Right. I'm fed up watching Wolves wobble; it's Southampton all the way now.

Keep 'em peeled.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hugheless In Southampton? on 11:01 - Mar 15 with 2194 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Hughes' stats in (mis)management:

Blackburn
Win percentage: 39.5%
Average points per game: 1.45

Manchester City
Win percentage 40%
Average points per game: 1.44

Fulham
Win percentage: 29%
Average points per game: 1.29

QPR
Win percentage: 20%
Average points per game: 0.8

Stoke
Win percentage: 33.3%
Average points per game: 1.26
Hugheless In Southampton? on 11:23 - Mar 15 with 2178 viewsthemodfather

a dislikable man and club! they can rot together. im still amazed hughes is rated cos his record is dire and the mess he leaves behind at clubs takes years to remedy.
Hugheless In Southampton? on 11:30 - Mar 15 with 2169 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remember, as the likes of Merson, other PFMs and certain papers tell us, no one gives British managers a chance - they all want to 'go foreign'. What utter nonsense. Southampton are a better club than Stoke - Hughes has managed to get a promotion despite another failure at Stoke. Unbelievable. So this season, we've seen Pardew (total fail), Moyes (could be 2nd relegation in 2 seasons), Allardyce (at best, no improvement, but in truth it's been worse), Hodgson (done ok, genuinely fked by injuries to be fair) all given jobs. Maybe only Hodgson could be said to be doing 'ok'. Hughes will likely fail - if not this season, then in the future. Meanwhile, Puel, Carvahal and whoever Watford's manager is this week have all done well.
Joke appointment by Southampton. Hope they go down. Highes the luckiest manager on earth to keep getting Prem jobs. Apart from Pardew.

Bare bones.

Hugheless In Southampton? on 11:56 - Mar 15 with 2119 viewsDavieQPR

Until the end of the season. Don't they realise with this appointment their season is over.
Hugheless In Southampton? on 12:19 - Mar 15 with 2072 viewskensalriser

Have we reached peak manager carousel this season?

Eleven managers sacked since the end of last season plus one resigned, three of who have been appointed by new clubs.

Meanwhile Burnley kept their manager when relegated, got promoted again and are flying high.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hugheless In Southampton? on 12:29 - Mar 15 with 2047 viewsTacticalR

I see Hughes is getting the old gang back together with Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki, but there is no sign of The Advisor. Perhaps he is waiting in the wings?

Air hostess clique

Hugheless In Southampton? on 13:11 - Mar 15 with 1970 viewsR_from_afar

If there's one thing worse than having a rubbish manager, it's having one who is also arrogant and deluded.

I too was thinking of how the Saints fans goaded / warned us about Redcrapp. I wouldn't do the same to them, though, because I honestly pity them.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024