Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mepham 19:19 - Apr 21 with 6532 viewskingo

Really disappointed with his actions towards the end of the match, when he threw the ball back into stand. Play for your employer but don’t disrespect the fans.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Mepham on 19:25 - Apr 21 with 5610 viewsWatford_Ranger

He did his best for his team. He’s not a QPR fan when he’s playing professionally against QPR.

I don’t even know which he was but their defence all seemed good.
Mepham on 19:43 - Apr 21 with 5507 viewskingo

Mepham on 19:25 - Apr 21 by Watford_Ranger

He did his best for his team. He’s not a QPR fan when he’s playing professionally against QPR.

I don’t even know which he was but their defence all seemed good.

I fully expected him to put in a professional performance, which he did. What he didn’t NEED to do was to throw the ball back into those baying muppets. I certainly couldn’t have done that , if I was playing against MY team.

Mepham on 20:42 - Apr 21 with 5261 viewsLazyFan

He has to do that to show his employer he really is loyal on the pitch even if he is not off it.

When his contract starts to run out, I would not be surprised if he signed for us and then we see the real person on and off te pitch too for us.

zzzzzzzzzz

Mepham on 21:12 - Apr 21 with 5153 viewsFearless

Mepham on 20:42 - Apr 21 by LazyFan

He has to do that to show his employer he really is loyal on the pitch even if he is not off it.

When his contract starts to run out, I would not be surprised if he signed for us and then we see the real person on and off te pitch too for us.

Southampton bid £6m I believe
Mepham on 21:19 - Apr 21 with 5108 viewsswitchingcode

WTF
Mepham on 21:47 - Apr 21 with 5008 viewssmegma

Mepham on 21:19 - Apr 21 by switchingcode

WTF

As Dostoevsky used to say.......

Mepham on 22:01 - Apr 21 with 4944 viewskingo

Mepham on 21:19 - Apr 21 by switchingcode

WTF

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to work it out

Mepham on 22:17 - Apr 21 with 4880 viewsswitchingcode

Mepham on 22:01 - Apr 21 by kingo

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to work it out

No you don’t,but strange you don’t understand why he did it.
Login to get fewer ads

Mepham on 22:21 - Apr 21 with 4869 viewskingo

Mepham on 22:17 - Apr 21 by switchingcode

No you don’t,but strange you don’t understand why he did it.

Ok, let me spell it out Mr Brentford, if you were playing against your beloved Brentford, would you deliberately time waste??

Mepham on 22:25 - Apr 21 with 4843 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mepham on 22:21 - Apr 21 by kingo

Ok, let me spell it out Mr Brentford, if you were playing against your beloved Brentford, would you deliberately time waste??

I'd have time wasted if I were him.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mepham on 22:28 - Apr 21 with 4824 viewskingo

Mepham on 22:25 - Apr 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'd have time wasted if I were him.

All he needed to have done was run back and get in to his position.

Mepham on 22:33 - Apr 21 with 4795 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mepham on 22:28 - Apr 21 by kingo

All he needed to have done was run back and get in to his position.

Good point but stakes were high today.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mepham on 03:00 - Apr 22 with 4479 viewstimcocking

I wondered why the commentary team didnt really want to say about Mepham. They did mention he was a QPR fan and they did mention we'd released him. But only briefly, not at the appropriate moments and not in any depth. They'd obviously been told not to mention it any more than necessary.

As always, plenty of problems with the stream. Missed our goal for the second time running. It's really bad that they charge money and it's works so poorly. And why they can only speak for the exact game time, never so much as a minute before kickoff or at half-time. Is it really that hard to go two hours without a cup of tea or a toilet break? I assume Nick London must have some sort of bladder issue.
Mepham on 09:46 - Apr 22 with 4174 viewsswitchingcode

Mepham on 22:21 - Apr 21 by kingo

Yes
Mepham on 09:48 - Apr 22 with 4159 viewssmegma

Mepham on 22:33 - Apr 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

Good point but stakes were high today.

For them yes, not for us.
Mepham on 02:52 - Apr 23 with 3714 viewsSonofNorfolt

Chris supports Rangers but plays for Brentford, it's as simple as that.
In less than six months his career has gone mental.
A first team regular, an 8 million bid turned down from Bournemouth
An International cap, I'll have to ask him if he is dating a supermodel yet?
I'm sure he'd love to play for us but that is not going to happen anytime soon.
Good luck to him.
Mepham on 07:56 - Apr 23 with 3605 viewsdaveB

rather than moan at him for doing it perhaps we should learn from it and do similar when we have a lead or trying to get a point
Mepham on 08:04 - Apr 23 with 3583 viewseastside_r

Mepham on 07:56 - Apr 23 by daveB

rather than moan at him for doing it perhaps we should learn from it and do similar when we have a lead or trying to get a point

He is paid to be a professional footballer by BFC. We rejected him apparently, therefore only doing his job.

If ever I had been good enough to be a pro I know that I would have tried my hardest against QPR. Maybe that is just me.
Mepham on 08:25 - Apr 23 with 3542 viewskingo

Mepham on 07:56 - Apr 23 by daveB

As I said in my original post, I was disappointed that he did it against the team he supported. He didn’t HAVE to do it, he could of just made sure he was in his correct position to play as a professional. With regards to our players, they probably would do it if we were winning 2-1 in an important game.

Mepham on 08:29 - Apr 23 with 3531 viewskingo

Mepham on 02:52 - Apr 23 by SonofNorfolt

Chris supports Rangers but plays for Brentford, it's as simple as that.
In less than six months his career has gone mental.
A first team regular, an 8 million bid turned down from Bournemouth
An International cap, I'll have to ask him if he is dating a supermodel yet?
I'm sure he'd love to play for us but that is not going to happen anytime soon.
Good luck to him.

Mel, as you know, I am well aware of this and similarly wish him well. Just disappointed in him for what he did.

Mepham on 08:43 - Apr 23 with 3510 viewssimmo

This is an odd post/thread. Do you expect him not to do his job as well as he can because he's a supporter?? Time wasting is not disrespecting the opposition fans, it's part of the game to try and get to the final whistle with your lead in tact. So he's a QPR fan he shouldn't do all he can to get his team a win??

As Mel says he's had a mental rise and he deserves it after persevering. I'm a huge QPR fan, obviously, but in the same position for those 90mins I would like to think I was a professional.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Mepham on 08:47 - Apr 23 with 3502 viewssmegma

Mepham on 08:43 - Apr 23 by simmo

This is an odd post/thread. Do you expect him not to do his job as well as he can because he's a supporter?? Time wasting is not disrespecting the opposition fans, it's part of the game to try and get to the final whistle with your lead in tact. So he's a QPR fan he shouldn't do all he can to get his team a win??

As Mel says he's had a mental rise and he deserves it after persevering. I'm a huge QPR fan, obviously, but in the same position for those 90mins I would like to think I was a professional.

Similarly the uproar some fans expressed when it was revealed he supports QPR but doesn't play for us.
Mepham on 08:59 - Apr 23 with 3473 viewskingo

Mepham on 08:43 - Apr 23 by simmo

Simple answer is yes. I expect him to be professional but I do not expect him to throw the ball back in to the Brentford fans, who had been making it obvious that they were holding on to the ball while standing there with both arms outstretched. I am also a big QPR fan and I would not have done it, I would have left the ball and got back into my position, the professional thing to do.

And although tolerated, it is not part of the game, which is why it is punished with a yellow card.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 9:16]

Mepham on 10:17 - Apr 23 with 3372 viewsdaveB

Mepham on 08:25 - Apr 23 by kingo

As I said in my original post, I was disappointed that he did it against the team he supported. He didn’t HAVE to do it, he could of just made sure he was in his correct position to play as a professional. With regards to our players, they probably would do it if we were winning 2-1 in an important game.

Who he supports doesn't come into it though, he would have been wanting to win the game for his current team. I'd expect our own players to do the same when they play against teams they support
Mepham on 10:35 - Apr 23 with 3327 viewskingo

Mepham on 10:17 - Apr 23 by daveB

Who he supports doesn't come into it though, he would have been wanting to win the game for his current team. I'd expect our own players to do the same when they play against teams they support

That is where we obviously differ, I am glad Kevin Gallen thought like me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024