Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Windrush 19:08 - Apr 23 with 19883 viewsBushman

Fckin shameful the way these people have been treated after they came to work here as commonwealth citizens and help rebuild Britain after WW2.

They also made up 15% of the population at the time.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Windrush on 21:04 - Apr 23 with 12286 viewsGroveR

Don't worry, it won't happen again but when it does the Home Office will respond with transparency and integrity.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/23/home-office-data-exemption-spark
Windrush on 12:25 - Apr 24 with 12047 viewsphilc

Last week when my Mother-In-Law came over my kids all joked asking when she was being deported. Understandably, she has told my wife that she is worried, arrived in the UK as a child in 1959 and has never been back and has no family there. I’ve tried reassuring her that it’s not going to happen. Like many from the Caribbean she worked for over 16 years for the NHS.
My wife’s father is trying to get Spanish citizenship (where he now lives) although this may have more to do with Brexit.

My wife’s brother was refused a UK passport and has a Jamaican one, as he was born in Germany when his father was serving there in the British Army
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 12:28]
Windrush on 12:45 - Apr 24 with 12001 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Unbelievable that numbskull f*ckwits still exist with these poisonous views...

Windrush on 13:59 - Apr 24 with 11897 viewsNorthernr

It's disgusting, but it's the way this country has been going for several years now and comes as no surprise. Abhorrent, disgusting, outright racist views, attitudes and practices that would have been considered exactly that a decade ago now existing openly and increasingly commonplace under a cover of "telling it like it is", standing up for "British values", or some sort of rebellion against political correctness. Deeply, deeply unpleasant place to live at the moment.
Windrush on 14:19 - Apr 24 with 11847 viewsFDC

"I want to create a truly hostile environment - her words, not mine".

Gave me chills watching this, at the time and now.

Windrush on 14:27 - Apr 24 with 11815 viewsthame_hoops

Wasn't there a similar thing with the Gurkhas a few years back?
Windrush on 14:33 - Apr 24 with 11806 viewsNorthernr

Windrush on 14:27 - Apr 24 by thame_hoops

Wasn't there a similar thing with the Gurkhas a few years back?

Rings a bell, remember Joanna Lumley kicking off.
Windrush on 14:54 - Apr 24 with 11763 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Windrush on 14:33 - Apr 24 by Northernr

Rings a bell, remember Joanna Lumley kicking off.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Windrush on 14:59 - Apr 24 with 11748 viewskensalriser

Windrush on 12:45 - Apr 24 by Ashdown_Ranger

Unbelievable that numbskull f*ckwits still exist with these poisonous views...

What I find most surprising about this letter is that its author can actually write at all.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Windrush on 15:03 - Apr 24 with 11744 viewsMaggsinho

Windrush on 14:59 - Apr 24 by kensalriser

What I find most surprising about this letter is that its author can actually write at all.

Interesting grasp of capital letters though.
Windrush on 15:09 - Apr 24 with 11727 viewsFDC

On a similar tip, this guy has really mastered not only the written language but the art of the meme

Windrush on 15:11 - Apr 24 with 11716 viewsMaggsinho

Windrush on 15:09 - Apr 24 by FDC

On a similar tip, this guy has really mastered not only the written language but the art of the meme

That's a spoof surely. 100 years ago? Kent?

Isn't it?
Windrush on 15:15 - Apr 24 with 11701 viewskensalriser

Has to be a spoof. Can anyone actually be that moronic and use a computer?

Windrush on 15:19 - Apr 24 with 11694 viewsted_hendrix

The Gurkhss were treated dreadfully and only a few years ago were granted citizenship but as far as I recall the Government still do not recognise their pensionable rights hence that actress getting involved and all credit to her for doing so.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 15:24]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Windrush on 15:33 - Apr 24 with 11660 viewsDannyPaddox

Windrush on 15:09 - Apr 24 by FDC

Rees-Smug. A baroque dalek looky-likely I'd enjoy pushing down the stairs.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 15:36]
Windrush on 16:06 - Apr 24 with 11597 viewsstevec

It is shameful how they've been treated. To lose their livelihood ending up in some sort of detention centre, that stuff takes time, it just defies belief how even one case could go that far without being flagged up.

Never been in favour of ID cards in the past, but if we all had to carry one, even if we lost it we'd be traceable in these type of circumstances, this sort of thing would probably be all but eliminated.
Windrush on 16:57 - Apr 24 with 11523 viewsLazyFan

Let us ALL be clear to everyone, these are British People and are therefore British Citizens, quite simply they are British. And we should be looking after them as we should for anyone and everyone who is British at the very least.

Becuase if we do and do it like we should, properly, straight away without any messing about. Then this is an example of what makes us the British Great and this country a Great Britain. If we don't then we are no longer Great. It is as simple as that.

They are us and we are them, for we are British.
EOL

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 17:14]

zzzzzzzzzz

Windrush on 17:43 - Apr 24 with 11447 viewssimmo

That letter is shameful. I hope Farage and his cronies realise their part in this, they mined the seam of unhappiness and disillusion and channeled it towards ‘immigrants’ so they could encourage more votes for their cause. It’s no surprise reports of racial abuse increased so much after the Brexit vote and why more creatures like the one that scrawled that hateful letter have started to feel their opinions are anything other than disgusting. Farage and those like him contributed to this country becoming a less tolerant, kind and hospitable place to exist and they did it all purely to enhance their own political careers. I hope they die screaming.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Windrush on 19:13 - Apr 24 with 11354 viewskensalriser

This one is totally mindblowing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-underground-attack-woman-

Windrush on 19:19 - Apr 24 with 11350 viewscaliforniahoop

Windrush on 14:59 - Apr 24 by kensalriser

Lol, no words really.
Windrush on 19:47 - Apr 24 with 11312 viewsFDC

Windrush on 16:06 - Apr 24 by stevec

It is shameful how they've been treated. To lose their livelihood ending up in some sort of detention centre, that stuff takes time, it just defies belief how even one case could go that far without being flagged up.

Never been in favour of ID cards in the past, but if we all had to carry one, even if we lost it we'd be traceable in these type of circumstances, this sort of thing would probably be all but eliminated.

This isn't a case of bureaucratic bungling, it's by design - a hostile environment - and they thought theyd get away with it without everyone making too much fuss.
Windrush on 20:16 - Apr 24 with 11280 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Windrush on 19:47 - Apr 24 by FDC

This isn't a case of bureaucratic bungling, it's by design - a hostile environment - and they thought theyd get away with it without everyone making too much fuss.

They are getting away with it. A few negative news stories and discussions on social media is not going to worry them in the slightest.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Windrush on 20:46 - Apr 24 with 11251 viewsAgedR

This is what nationalism looks like.

For all those who still think it could never happen again. This is what nationalism looks like.

Time for those of us who are proud of Britain for its inclusion to speak up.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Windrush on 20:49 - Apr 24 with 11243 viewsjohncharles

Windrush on 20:16 - Apr 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

They are getting away with it. A few negative news stories and discussions on social media is not going to worry them in the slightest.

The BBC has decided it’s not newsworthy any more.

Strong and stable my arse.

Windrush on 23:37 - Apr 24 with 11163 viewsphilc

Windrush on 19:47 - Apr 24 by FDC

I agree this wasn’t an error, they achieved exactly what they set out to achieve.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024