Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie 20:52 - Apr 28 with 13353 viewsessextaxiboy

Am I imagining this ?

Fernandes tweeting earlier today " much change and lots to think about"

Tweeting after the game , credits Les and Ramsey , thanks the players , staff and the fans, no mention of the Manager.

"there are going to have to make some hard decisions over the next few weeks "

Then Ollie doesnt come out with the team for the walk round after the game ?

Is he working his notice ? I am a big supporter of him so I really hope not . I think it would be a huge error .

Hope I am just being paranoid
Ollie on 22:46 - Apr 29 with 3751 viewsDylanP

2+2=7

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Ollie on 00:50 - Apr 30 with 3626 viewstimcocking

It definitely sounded that way. I was working out whether that was intentional or paranoia, hard to be sure.

Therefore another fairly unhelpful tweet.
Ollie on 08:17 - Apr 30 with 3535 viewspaulparker

Ollie on 21:19 - Apr 29 by eghamranger

Chris Coleman I wouldn’t mind!!

I’ve said it now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ollie on 09:09 - Apr 30 with 3460 viewsCamberleyR

Ollie on 21:53 - Apr 29 by LongsufferingR

I don't feel better for hearing it!!

If it wasn't for Gareth Bale he would have no reputation at all.

This.

Apart from his first couple of seasons at Fulham where he rode Tigana's coat tails, he has been terrible at every club job he's had since.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ollie on 10:05 - Apr 30 with 3361 viewskingo

Ollie on 19:54 - Apr 29 by bosh67

The article is typical of lazy journalism. We have no idea what the question was to TF and how it was framed. However it ends up being angled to infer that Ollie may go. But we don't actually know the context of the question.

Exactly. Papers want sensational headlines and angle things that way. The question could easily have been, would you like to see Gareth Ainsworth back here one day?

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Ollie on 10:09 - Apr 30 with 3354 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ollie on 17:12 - Apr 29 by PunteR

Sorry but can any of the posters who keep trying to justify TF to the likes of me come on and defend TF here.?
I'd love to hear what they have to say..

Well, I used to be his harshest critic, particularly with regards to OOC. These days, though, I have to give him credit for sticking with Warren Farm, moving ahead with the Linford Christie Stadium site and having the foresight to appoint Ferdinand, Hoos, Ramsey and Sinton. So, I would defend lots of his work of late.

But there's no excuse for this stupidity. For the umpteenth time I find myself praying to every possible deity that he'd leave Twitter and the media to others.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ollie on 10:31 - Apr 30 with 3301 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ollie on 17:12 - Apr 29 by PunteR

Sorry but can any of the posters who keep trying to justify TF to the likes of me come on and defend TF here.?
I'd love to hear what they have to say..

What's your problem, Punter?

Fernandes issues a tweet that says there are some hard decisions ahead. What's wrong with that? For one thing, he doesn't mention Holloway, so I don't know why anyone need get upset about him saying he is going to change the manager. How about, and much more likely, the 'hard decisions' might involve determining whether offers for some of our better players are sufficient to justify letting them go?

But please, don't let your antagonism for the bloke get in the way of expressing an unconsidered opinion.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ollie on 10:33 - Apr 30 with 3294 viewsderbyhoop

TF said something about "big decisions" but I don't recall him saying that he was looking for a new manager. Is it journalistic licence or did he really say anything about the manager?

Big decisions could relate to Warren Farm, LCS, OOC, senior players departing and the need for replacements within a very tight budget.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie on 10:37 - Apr 30 with 3285 viewsElHoop

If it's a choice between making the wrong decision at the wrong time and making the wrong decision at the right time then I'd obviously prefer the latter, and now is definitely the time to make the wrong or right decision.

Just because Tony tweets something doesn't mean that it's the wrong decision, it's just the wrong way of going about it. We don't know what other members of the management team think about Ollie - Tony may not be alone in his thinking even if he's alone in divulging it.

For me, it's difficult. I have a feeling that Hoos in particular is capable of finding a better manager given that this is the best time to be looking. We also have more potential as a squad and little or no crap to sort out. It's a more attractive position for an up and coming manager who isn't experienced at handling some of the bullshit that would have afflicted Ollie's predecessors.

On the other hand, Ollie has done well. Wearing my accountancy hat, if you added up the realistic value of our squad on the transfer market on the day when he was appointed and deducted the total future wages commitment on the same day then the balance would have been a big minus figure. Millions of minus. If you performed that exercise today then i think that you'd be millions 'in the bank' as it were. Obviously that's not all down to Ollie, but a lot of it is. He's had a big squad to handle and some of those were off the pitch whilst on big money and somehow or other he managed to get them on the pitch and off the payroll. The remainder, he has managed to give games and in so doing he's maintained or enhanced their value. This has infuriated us as fans, as the changes have been somewhat random and regular, but in pure accountancy terms he's done a great job as we have a lot of players who would fetch at least some sort of price now, whereas when Ollie joined I thought that there were virtually none. And i don't just mean the kids. In financial terms he's turned us around big time, simply by getting a lot of players onto the pitch and gradually working out what to do with them in knitting together an effective passing game. We look promising and desirable again, as a club, as a team and as individual players.

There's still a long way to go though. Maybe Ollie is seen as more of an Allardyce type of fire fighter - in Ollie's case his greatest skill seems to be in getting players interested in playing for one another and thereby making them look like they have a value. Our away form is rubbish although of those I've only attended the Reading game and I thought that we showed real promise there too. If we take the decision now to move on and find someone else then I wouldn't be totally opposed to that, but it's a difficult one, not one that I'd like to have to decide myself. Whatever happens, we owe Ollie a hell of a lot for what he's contributed in the past couple of seasons.
Ollie on 10:45 - Apr 30 with 3256 viewspaulparker

Ollie on 10:31 - Apr 30 by isawqpratwcity

Fernandes issues a tweet that says there are some hard decisions ahead. What's wrong with that? For one thing, he doesn't mention Holloway, so I don't know why anyone need get upset about him saying he is going to change the manager. How about, and much more likely, the 'hard decisions' might involve determining whether offers for some of our better players are sufficient to justify letting them go?

But please, don't let your antagonism for the bloke get in the way of expressing an unconsidered opinion.

The problem is TF knows what he is doing by sending cryptic tweets , so either just come out and say that either Olly is going, we are selling smithies or that something is happening with the training ground ,
don't act like a self centred egotistical tvvat by sending stupid tweets , the bloke is a grade A plum

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ollie on 10:56 - Apr 30 with 3215 viewsPinnerPaul

Ollie on 22:42 - Apr 29 by Esox_Lucius

There is also the possibility that IH has been knocked on his arse by the death of Wilkins and then his mother and has spoken to TF about his future. Time spent with his wife and family may be more appealing to him at the moment and the quote may be a way to deflect awkward personal questions heading IH's way at a time he doesn't feel like talking about it.

If you read comments below Clive's match report, you will see that E17Hoop spoke to IH, LF and MB after the game and he says none of them gave any inkling that IH was leaving.

Of course, could just be that its been discussed at only board level, but that seems unlikely.
Ollie on 10:59 - Apr 30 with 3205 viewsPinnerPaul

Ollie on 10:45 - Apr 30 by paulparker

The problem is TF knows what he is doing by sending cryptic tweets , so either just come out and say that either Olly is going, we are selling smithies or that something is happening with the training ground ,
don't act like a self centred egotistical tvvat by sending stupid tweets , the bloke is a grade A plum

I'm sure a 'We're selling Smithies' tweet would be met with universal praise!
Ollie on 11:04 - Apr 30 with 3191 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ollie on 10:45 - Apr 30 by paulparker

I absolutely agree that he should stay off twitter. But as tweets go, that one was fairly innocuous. And I'd like to know if Holloway is staying or going, too, but TF may not have even made a decision on that yet. He may not even see the need to make a decision. And you'd still have to respect his right to keep schtum either way. (Christ, we moan when he says something, we moan when he doesn't...)

Imo, things point generally to Holloway staying. It's not like Fernandes is going round saying things like "The Board has full confidence in the Manager."

Ollie on 11:04 - Apr 30 with 3186 viewspaulparker

Ollie on 10:59 - Apr 30 by PinnerPaul

I'm sure a 'We're selling Smithies' tweet would be met with universal praise!

The point is Pinner he doesn't have to say anything at all , whatever he is planning just do it and then we can read about it in the local rag like it used to be, instead he is undermining the good work done by Ollie, Birch, Les and co but then that's nothing new for this idiot

Ollie on 11:14 - Apr 30 with 3151 viewsPinnerPaul

Ollie on 11:04 - Apr 30 by paulparker

The point is Pinner he doesn't have to say anything at all , whatever he is planning just do it and then we can read about it in the local rag like it used to be, instead he is undermining the good work done by Ollie, Birch, Les and co but then that's nothing new for this idiot

I agree PP, he shouldn't say anything.

Perhaps I took your rant too literally.

You NEVER, well no one posts on here that they have seen anything, hear from the other board members - you would think THEY would be the people to suggest to TF that he shuts up - or at least confines himself to bland 'Well done lads, great end to season, thanks etc etc etc'
Ollie on 11:17 - Apr 30 with 3144 viewsbosh67

From the Guardian... re TF interview re Ollie.

“The manager has had his highs and has had his lows,” Fernandes said. “We’ll have to analyse and say at the end of the season: ‘Are we happy? Is he happy with us as shareholders? Is he happy with the squad? And then you make your decisions from there.”

I can't see where this says Ollie is leaving or TF indicating he is leaving. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Everyone talks and finds out how they feel and go from there. Not sure why people are on TF's case about this.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ollie on 11:23 - Apr 30 with 3130 viewsrobith

Ollie on 10:09 - Apr 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, I used to be his harshest critic, particularly with regards to OOC. These days, though, I have to give him credit for sticking with Warren Farm, moving ahead with the Linford Christie Stadium site and having the foresight to appoint Ferdinand, Hoos, Ramsey and Sinton. So, I would defend lots of his work of late.

But there's no excuse for this stupidity. For the umpteenth time I find myself praying to every possible deity that he'd leave Twitter and the media to others.

This.

Even if he gets misconstrued he's got to realise that sports journalism these days is often just sensationalising stuff on twitter, especially with his incoherent style of posting.

In my facebook memories the other day there was a tweet from like 5 years ago where it looked like Fernandes told me he was going to take me to an away game. Reading it back today, it was just absolute gibberish.
Ollie on 11:44 - Apr 30 with 3068 viewsWren67

I hope it's paranoia too. I feel that Ollie has been preparing to leave for a while now. It's just a feeling so don't ask me to present evidence. I am not in the Out Ollie camp and if he does leave my opinion is he does so on a high having achieved Championship football in the 18/19 season, managed the departure of the old and expensive players and introduced some fine young talent to the first team. A good job done in difficult circumstances.
Ollie on 15:19 - Apr 30 with 2824 viewsPinnerPaul

TF says almost same words in podcast BUT its in the context of everything/everyone is evaluated all the time, but especially at the end of a season.
Ollie on 15:30 - Apr 30 with 2809 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ollie on 15:19 - Apr 30 by PinnerPaul

TF says almost same words in podcast BUT its in the context of everything/everyone is evaluated all the time, but especially at the end of a season.

Yes, good point.

I've listened to most of the podcast and will finish it later, and the same thought occurred to me when I heard him say that. I thought it was unnecessary for him to say it on the podcast but, as you say, in the context, and shaped in the middle of a long, considered and articulate answer it made sense and posed no danger of misinterpretation. Twitter, by it's very nature is exactly the opposite. It's lethally dangerous and it's unfathomable how he thinks it's a good idea to live in that restrictive medium with some of the idiots that inhabit it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ollie on 15:45 - Apr 30 with 2782 viewsEsox_Lucius

Would it be mischievous to point out that Chris Wilder may be available soon?

The grass is always greener.

Ollie on 18:43 - Apr 30 with 2664 viewsPunteR

Ollie on 10:31 - Apr 30 by isawqpratwcity

Well its since become more clear what he was on about. I havnt heard the podcast yet though.
I do have a massive issue with TF and yes maybe that clouds my judgement but as others have said theres simply no reason for his tweets and just stirs up unnecessary emotions within the club. Its not just me is it isaw..?
Ive had countless discussions on here about the pros and cons of TF and for me im not convinced by him at all. Yes things are looking more positive at the club but in my opinion thats more down to others then him as i really believe he still doesnt really know what he's doing. Employing Hoos was a masterstroke although how much that was down to TF I guess we'll never know. Employing Ferdinand was a bit of a gamble at the time but thankfully has paid off.
I like to think I'm usually a fair poster but some of the decisions TF has made since being here have nearly crippled our club and we're not quite out of the woods yet. Until he bring success at our club i'll continue to question him and pull him up on stupid tweets.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ollie on 19:43 - Apr 30 with 2590 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ollie on 18:43 - Apr 30 by PunteR

Well its since become more clear what he was on about. I havnt heard the podcast yet though.
I do have a massive issue with TF and yes maybe that clouds my judgement but as others have said theres simply no reason for his tweets and just stirs up unnecessary emotions within the club. Its not just me is it isaw..?
Ive had countless discussions on here about the pros and cons of TF and for me im not convinced by him at all. Yes things are looking more positive at the club but in my opinion thats more down to others then him as i really believe he still doesnt really know what he's doing. Employing Hoos was a masterstroke although how much that was down to TF I guess we'll never know. Employing Ferdinand was a bit of a gamble at the time but thankfully has paid off.
I like to think I'm usually a fair poster but some of the decisions TF has made since being here have nearly crippled our club and we're not quite out of the woods yet. Until he bring success at our club i'll continue to question him and pull him up on stupid tweets.

No, it's definitely not just you, but let's decide what his serious problems are. Yes, almost everybody would love him to stay off twitter, but that's not going to happen so let's just criticise him when he actually says something seriously bad. Those tweets of his in the OP don't fit into that category, imo.

The first three and a half years under Fernandes were a disaster, by and large. But it was not all down to him. E&B starved Warnock until the takeover went through and then Warnock made a total bollox of the money he was given (Barton, Young, Traore, Wright-Phillips and Anton Ferdinand). That first transfer window set the pattern for the next three years and the splits in the squad started from then, too. All Fernandes did was keep shovelling his own money onto the bonfire.

And it was Fernandes that finally called for an end to the madness. I agree that appointing Ferdinand was a successful punt, but just as importantly it structurally took the only part of management that Redknapp was interested in, spending money, out of his hands. The gravy train was over. Whoever's idea Hoos was, it was spot on, along with a budget managerial regime, overseen by F&H, that has a cast-iron constraint, FFP compliance.

I think the last two and a half seasons have been a success of sorts, grudging and miserly, perhaps, but we could be a lot worse off (and I include Holloway's incumbency in that, too). I think that that success, certainly the initial decision, is down to Fernandes.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after you've listened to the podcast. The way I heard it, Fernandes is less than effusive in his backing of Holloway, but nowhere near to the point that I'm expecting Holloway to be sacked. I do wonder if Holloway is thinking of quitting, though, and perhaps Fernandes is avoiding making Holloway seem too important to the club (on the other hand, that is possibly complete bollox, too).

Let me share with you my worst fear about Fernandes, and that is that he still cannot help indulge his autocratic decision-making. I think the podcast panel should have pressed him over his boasted over-ruling of both Hoos and Ferdinand to appoint Holloway. If he is going to have a pair of perfectly good dogs but still do his own barking, then the future will still lack considered, wise counsel, and I'll happily criticise Fernandes with anybody.

Ollie on 22:20 - Apr 30 with 2468 viewsbaz_qpr

I think there is a view, one expressed very eloquently by Clive that the sensible thing was and is to assess at the end of the season the progress made over the last year and whether Holloway is the man to take the club and the assets he has at his disposal to the next level. If he is they have to give him a new contract, if he is not then he would be a dead man walking with only a year left.. That is the “difficult” decision to be made and it has to be made in the next few weeks IMHO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024