Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robinson 18:24 - May 11 with 18847 viewsnix

Wasn’t the deadline for him accepting a new contract today? Presumably he hasn’t done and is definitely leaving. Not unexpected but let’s hope we’ve been scouting some good defenders!
Robinson on 15:24 - May 21 with 5863 viewsPunteR

Robinson on 15:13 - May 21 by PlanetHonneywood

So, just to be clear: you wouldn’t ever look to secure the best deal for yourself?

Id play for QPR for free..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Robinson on 15:51 - May 21 with 5737 viewsEsox_Lucius

Robinson on 15:24 - May 21 by PunteR

Id play for QPR for free..

Would you do the job you trained and studied for for free?

The grass is always greener.

Robinson on 18:34 - May 21 with 5565 viewsPunteR

Robinson on 15:51 - May 21 by Esox_Lucius

Ha.. I have done. In fact ive been out of pocket on occasions. You win some you lose some.

My last 2 posts were tongue in cheek.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Robinson on 19:42 - May 21 with 5442 viewsTW_R

Robinson on 15:51 - May 21 by Esox_Lucius

I may not do it for free, but if I had been off sick for a number of months and my company had stuck by me all that time, I'd be inclined to stay to thank them for their support. Would never happen in football nowadays.
Robinson on 19:56 - May 21 with 5404 viewsbosh67

If he stays, good. Decent player.
If he goes, pah. We want players that want to be here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Robinson on 02:28 - May 22 with 5217 viewstimcocking

Robinson on 15:13 - May 21 by PlanetHonneywood

So, just to be clear: you wouldn’t ever look to secure the best deal for yourself?

Personally, no. If i thought the deal i was being offered was fair and i was happy with the club, particularly if id been taking big money for years whilst injured, i'd feel duty bound to do the right thing. I wouldn't even be using a football agent to represent me.

People have an individual decision to make, whether integrity is more important than money in their life. I realise money is to most people, but within reason (and i doubt he's off to Barcelona), it isn't to me. And just because the media tell you footballers shouldn't need to consider values such as honour and decency, it doesn't mean it's true. Everybody should consider their own honour at all times above everything else. The fact most footballers have little, does not make it okay.

But the very idea of giving a public deadline...poor move. Just publically embarrassing us that.

Ps But yeah, as above, if he doesn't want to stay, get rid asap.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 2:29]
Robinson on 09:41 - May 22 with 5141 viewsfrancisbowles

Going by who signed him and where he came from, he is likely to be on big money, perhaps more than anyone else at the club for the last eighteen months. What we are offering him now could be less than half of that.

The thing is, if it's not Fulham then is he going to sign for us or keep looking for a better deal. If it's the latter then we need to move on.
Robinson on 10:31 - May 22 with 5084 viewsHooparoo

Robinson on 02:28 - May 22 by timcocking

Personally, no. If i thought the deal i was being offered was fair and i was happy with the club, particularly if id been taking big money for years whilst injured, i'd feel duty bound to do the right thing. I wouldn't even be using a football agent to represent me.

People have an individual decision to make, whether integrity is more important than money in their life. I realise money is to most people, but within reason (and i doubt he's off to Barcelona), it isn't to me. And just because the media tell you footballers shouldn't need to consider values such as honour and decency, it doesn't mean it's true. Everybody should consider their own honour at all times above everything else. The fact most footballers have little, does not make it okay.

But the very idea of giving a public deadline...poor move. Just publically embarrassing us that.

Ps But yeah, as above, if he doesn't want to stay, get rid asap.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 2:29]

Agree with all of your points about honour. My old man always said “Never sell your integrity because you can never buy it back at any price”. Wise words and something I try to live my life by.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Robinson on 13:57 - May 22 with 4974 viewsNorthernr

Robinson on 09:41 - May 22 by francisbowles

Going by who signed him and where he came from, he is likely to be on big money, perhaps more than anyone else at the club for the last eighteen months. What we are offering him now could be less than half of that.

The thing is, if it's not Fulham then is he going to sign for us or keep looking for a better deal. If it's the latter then we need to move on.

There's a deal on the table at Rangers too but it was done by the old management so depends if Gerrard wants to still do it. Still think Fulham is the preferred destination if they go up.
Robinson on 14:05 - May 22 with 4940 viewsJeff

Robinson on 13:57 - May 22 by Northernr

There's a deal on the table at Rangers too but it was done by the old management so depends if Gerrard wants to still do it. Still think Fulham is the preferred destination if they go up.

I thought that Fulham was on the cards if they DIDN'T go up, as if they did they'd be looking at better?

Can we not knock it?

Robinson on 14:07 - May 22 with 4927 viewsNorthernr

Robinson on 14:05 - May 22 by Jeff

I thought that Fulham was on the cards if they DIDN'T go up, as if they did they'd be looking at better?

Well he wants a Prem deal so he probably sees it like that, I suspect if they do go up they'll set their sights higher.
Robinson on 15:12 - May 22 with 4782 viewsBklynRanger

Robinson on 14:07 - May 22 by Northernr

Well he wants a Prem deal so he probably sees it like that, I suspect if they do go up they'll set their sights higher.

He wants a prem deal?! Fcukin eejit. If that's what he wants I hope we're not wasting our time hanging on for an answer - if and when he doesn't get this prem deal we'll still be miles apart on wages.
Robinson on 23:26 - May 23 with 4500 viewsnottonyfernandes

Robinson on 15:12 - May 22 by BklynRanger

He wants a prem deal?! Fcukin eejit. If that's what he wants I hope we're not wasting our time hanging on for an answer - if and when he doesn't get this prem deal we'll still be miles apart on wages.

Looks like the deadline is past and he’s going. We need some signings there over the summer. Konsa from charlton ?
Robinson on 09:41 - May 24 with 4242 viewsMedwayR

Robinson on 23:26 - May 23 by nottonyfernandes

Looks like the deadline is past and he’s going. We need some signings there over the summer. Konsa from charlton ?

Konsa has been linked with Premier League teams for anywhere between £3-6m so I doubt he's on our radar. We were linked with Connor Goldson before he joined BHA but he's not played much for them lately so maybe we'd look at him again, still unlikely though in my opinion.

I think Robinson will leave so we need Penrice & co to find a couple of gems at CB for us, and also hope that Hall stays fit.

Poll: Who’s better?

Robinson on 10:03 - May 24 with 4203 viewsEsox_Lucius

I mentioned Rohan Ince a few days ago, he may meet most of those criteria.

The grass is always greener.

Robinson on 10:18 - May 24 with 4147 viewsDorse

Robinson on 09:41 - May 24 by MedwayR

Konsa has been linked with Premier League teams for anywhere between £3-6m so I doubt he's on our radar. We were linked with Connor Goldson before he joined BHA but he's not played much for them lately so maybe we'd look at him again, still unlikely though in my opinion.

I think Robinson will leave so we need Penrice & co to find a couple of gems at CB for us, and also hope that Hall stays fit.

Going into a season with a fully-fit Hall would be a huge bonus but I would be reticent to rely on it. We're losing Perch, Onuoha and Robinson, all of whom can play at least 2 defensive positions (with varying degrees of skill).

Lynch - streaky
Baptiste - never a starting choice
Hall - outstanding but a season ticket holder to the Kieron Dyer Suite.

I'd like to see two brought in but any CB worth his salt is going to be expensive, even in the lower leagues. Much will depend on Luongo's world cup: if he plays a blinder, expect to see us fund the transfers from his sale.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Robinson on 11:24 - May 24 with 4002 viewsWokingR

Robinson on 09:41 - May 24 by MedwayR

Well we certainly don't want any more Connors

They're all trouble!
Robinson on 14:25 - May 24 with 3772 viewshoopdog

Robinson on 23:26 - May 23 by nottonyfernandes

He's probably been on a beach for the last two or three weeks so deadlines mean nothing
Robinson on 13:29 - May 25 with 3499 viewsPinnerPaul

Robinson on 14:25 - May 24 by hoopdog

He's probably been on a beach for the last two or three weeks so deadlines mean nothing

AND as I said earlier in this thread his contract will expire on 30th June, like all others.
Robinson on 13:48 - May 25 with 3464 viewsNorthernr

Robinson on 13:29 - May 25 by PinnerPaul

AND as I said earlier in this thread his contract will expire on 30th June, like all others.

Yeh, so it's quite possible he's told the club of his decision by the deadline, but is still contracted here for another month. I don't know if that's the case, I do know he's had offers from Fulham and Rangers.
Robinson on 08:28 - May 26 with 3214 viewsLowerloftLad

If fulham lose today that team will be picked apart

Apart from linking up with Gerrard for 6months why would anyone with real football talent want to go there

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Robinson on 11:13 - May 26 with 3071 viewsLblock

How can Glasgow Rangers be paying more than an EFL side?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Robinson on 14:25 - May 26 with 2905 viewsbosh67

Robinson on 11:13 - May 26 by Lblock

How can Glasgow Rangers be paying more than an EFL side?

They can't but we are now down at the bottom end of wage offering clubs below them. Half of the teams or more now in our division can offer better wages than we can.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Robinson on 03:31 - May 27 with 2727 viewsPlanetHonneywood

30 June is an arbitrary factor in the matter in my view.

Since January he could have signed a contract extension with QPR or, a pre-contact with another club, with either option commencing as of 1July. S

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Robinson on 09:03 - May 27 with 2530 viewsloftboy

Why don’t clubs contract players until the end of may, look how much could be saved in wages if you have a few players contracts running out, as far as I know zero league games have ever been played in June.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024