Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extracts from 'Chairman' 11:15 - May 15 with 1287 viewsDorse

'.... It was 2PM or 'post meridiem' a Latin phrase indicating that the day had passed from morning to afternoon, and Fernando Tones was worried. He sat at his polished mahogany desk and began to compose a new tweet. Rather than attempting to imitate the vocalisation of a small bird, he was using a micro-blogging social network called Twitter.
"This used to be easier" he thought, reflecting on the original 140 character limit imposed on users up until November 2017 when it was doubled for most users outside of Chinese, Korean and Japanese.
"Oliver Hillyway has left the club" he typed using 28 letters and 5 spaces. Did spaces count? he mused. Twitter's rules were clear: spaces did indeed count as characters. Damn, he thought.
There was a knock at the door. The door was a large wooden contrivance, hinged down one side and latched to allow entry and exit to his office. In its current position, this was closed, blocking entry and allowing for privacy. If whoever was on the other side was to gain entry, this situation would have to change...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Extracts from 'Chairman' on 11:36 - May 15 with 1215 viewsMytch_QPR

'Knock knock', came the voice behind the door, unsure if Fernando had heard him.
'Who's there', replied the suave airline-owning entrepreneur.
'Hoo's here', said the dapper CEO, clutching a huge pile of CVs.
'Yes, but who's there?', asked Fernando, placing his Apricot 5 smartphone down on the desk next to the model Air Erasure aircraft.
'That's what I'm saying - Hoo's here - it's me!' exclaimed the CEO.
Fernando strode over to the door and opened it - 'oh, it's you - come in'.
Lee Hoos sat himself opposite the great businessman and shuffled the CVs nervously. This time, the club had to get the right man - too much time had been wasted and the natives were getting restless.
Fernando spoke purposely: 'We could learn a lot from the Germans, Lee - look at what this Klapp fellow is doing up on Murkeyside'
'I agree', replied Hoos - then added 'but a top European manager is going to stretch the budget'
Fernando smiled to himself then said 'I've heard of one man who may be in the frame who has an excellent reputation - the fans refer to him as Herr Island - have you heard of him?'

To be continued....

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Extracts from 'Chairman' on 13:17 - May 15 with 1070 viewsMedwayR

"Herr Island" mused Lee, "but Alan Shearer got relegated with Newcastle"
"Oh Lee" chuckled Fernando, "your football knowledge is so lacking at times, lucky you have me around to make up for it".
With that Lee took a seat in a flimsy, plastic garden chair which had been painted red and emblazoned with the Air Erasure logo to start discussions on a new manager...

Poll: Who’s better?

Extracts from 'Chairman' on 13:25 - May 15 with 1038 viewsPhildo

'what we need here is another senior figure who sounds like Fernando or Ferdinandy' opined the great entrepreneur opening that days third bottle of Co-op Rose. 'I know I'll ask twitter. you know my motto- never tweet before the second litre- besides I'm all out of manager ideas since Ian Taylor left'

LOOKING FOR DREAM MGANAER- MUST BE FERDY hugs emoji

'Now we wait for the replies'
Extracts from 'Chairman' on 13:49 - May 15 with 975 viewsDorse

Extracts from 'Chairman' on 13:25 - May 15 by Phildo

'what we need here is another senior figure who sounds like Fernando or Ferdinandy' opined the great entrepreneur opening that days third bottle of Co-op Rose. 'I know I'll ask twitter. you know my motto- never tweet before the second litre- besides I'm all out of manager ideas since Ian Taylor left'

LOOKING FOR DREAM MGANAER- MUST BE FERDY hugs emoji

'Now we wait for the replies'

'... They didn't have to wait long. Within 8 seconds of sending the tweet, Fernando received over 400 replies. This is excellent, he thought, musing on the potential uses this medium may have in world politics. His enthusiasm, however, was dampened after reading the first few.
"Lee - what is a fcuktard?" he inquired. R. Lee 'Hoosy' Hoos pondered this for a moment before venturing that this may be a job for Connor in the box office. He always had his finger on the pulse, a phrase lifted from the medical profession used to denote an admirable grasp of any current situation. Suddenly, nothing happened...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024