Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window general thread 10:16 - May 18 with 87817 viewsrsonist

Yiadom to Reading
Ledson to Preston
Transfer window general thread on 08:03 - Aug 9 with 2755 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 22:14 - Aug 8 by Dixie_CT

Apparently guzaumpped by Fulham. Ouch!

Brings up old wounds of Langley to Cardiff.

Great fit for Fulham, upgrade on Targett who was good to them last season.
Pleased Villa got fcked over.
Transfer window general thread on 08:15 - Aug 9 with 2686 viewsRs_Holy

Transfer window general thread on 08:01 - Aug 9 by CroydonCaptJack

That's a few days old mate.

woops.... its been a while since I spackmanned!
Transfer window general thread on 08:23 - Aug 9 with 2641 viewsNorthLondonR

Big, dramatic news...

Man City have signed a player from themselves...
Transfer window general thread on 08:29 - Aug 9 with 2619 viewsDixie_CT

Transfer window general thread on 08:03 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Great fit for Fulham, upgrade on Targett who was good to them last season.
Pleased Villa got fcked over.

Reported fee for Targett was £14m? These transfer fees make little sense anymore and are so disproportionate.

Whilst our transfer strategy of hunting in Academies (Eze/Felix) and grabbing unwanted or unhappy players from Champ (Scowen/Freeman) is the right thing to do, it's slightly scary that we could end up without what we need to stay in the division.

Not used to QPR making money on transfers or planning long term.
Transfer window general thread on 08:32 - Aug 9 with 2609 viewstimeforheroes

Mail reporting that Forest are going to move for Hefele permanently at £350k...
Transfer window general thread on 08:50 - Aug 9 with 2530 viewsdistortR

Transfer window general thread on 08:32 - Aug 9 by timeforheroes

is that the 'uddersfield centreback?
ho ho jack robinson.
Transfer window general thread on 08:54 - Aug 9 with 2500 viewsNorthernr

Someone else reporting he's already at QPR for a medical. Would really like him so hopefully nothing in the Forest chat. Haven't they bought enough players already?
Transfer window general thread on 08:57 - Aug 9 with 2490 viewsHunterhoop

It’s getting very annoying at how obvious Forest and Boro’s transfer strategy appears to be to find out who we’re interested in and then outbid us.

This transfer window is farcical in the Championship. You have clubs like us actively trying to adhere to FFP and following the rules.

Then you have clubs like Forest, Boro, Villa, etc, all sticking it on red and gambling huge sums all over the place in the timeframe supposedly provided to help get their cost base down to comply with FFP.

Villa and Boro in particular. The reason everyone thought FFP applying in year 1 after relegation was unfair, because you couldn’t possibly get your cost base down. A 3 yr period seemed a reasonable compromise. But the clubs aren’ playing fair. They’re all using the extra time to gamble like hell. That’s in conjunction with most of the cash being spent, being exactly that which the PL provide to help them adjust gradually to being back in the Champ with significantly reduced revenue!

A common sense approach would be for the EFL to say that whilst it’s a 3yr period they’ll be judged on, they must show an improvement in their loss figure reported on the P&L in years 2 and 3, otherwise that’ll be deemed a deliberate breach of the principles. It will stop gambling and help protect clubs from potentially going bust if they gamble hard and fail.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window general thread on 09:04 - Aug 9 with 2457 viewstimeforheroes

Transfer window general thread on 08:54 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Someone else reporting he's already at QPR for a medical. Would really like him so hopefully nothing in the Forest chat. Haven't they bought enough players already?

Same source (@SportsPeteO) now reporting that Forest have 'hijacked' the deal and that Hefele is going for a medical at Forest... Really disappointing if true
Transfer window general thread on 09:20 - Aug 9 with 2393 viewsToast_R

Reported that Fulham have spent north of 100 Million in this transfer window so how does everyone think they've done?

I like their signings and the most impressive thing is they've rebuked Spur's advances on Ryan Sessegnon. I reckon they're on for a decent campaign in the Premier League after this layout - but then I also though QPR were too in 2012...
Transfer window general thread on 09:25 - Aug 9 with 2373 viewscolinallcars

Transfer window general thread on 09:20 - Aug 9 by Toast_R

Reported that Fulham have spent north of 100 Million in this transfer window so how does everyone think they've done?

I like their signings and the most impressive thing is they've rebuked Spur's advances on Ryan Sessegnon. I reckon they're on for a decent campaign in the Premier League after this layout - but then I also though QPR were too in 2012...

I think they've “rebuffed” Spurs' advances for Sessignon.
Transfer window general thread on 09:26 - Aug 9 with 2364 viewsswitchingcode

Transfer window general thread on 08:57 - Aug 9 by Hunterhoop

It’s getting very annoying at how obvious Forest and Boro’s transfer strategy appears to be to find out who we’re interested in and then outbid us.

This transfer window is farcical in the Championship. You have clubs like us actively trying to adhere to FFP and following the rules.

Then you have clubs like Forest, Boro, Villa, etc, all sticking it on red and gambling huge sums all over the place in the timeframe supposedly provided to help get their cost base down to comply with FFP.

Villa and Boro in particular. The reason everyone thought FFP applying in year 1 after relegation was unfair, because you couldn’t possibly get your cost base down. A 3 yr period seemed a reasonable compromise. But the clubs aren’ playing fair. They’re all using the extra time to gamble like hell. That’s in conjunction with most of the cash being spent, being exactly that which the PL provide to help them adjust gradually to being back in the Champ with significantly reduced revenue!

A common sense approach would be for the EFL to say that whilst it’s a 3yr period they’ll be judged on, they must show an improvement in their loss figure reported on the P&L in years 2 and 3, otherwise that’ll be deemed a deliberate breach of the principles. It will stop gambling and help protect clubs from potentially going bust if they gamble hard and fail.

We have been in the same boat as you ever since we came up to the championship.We have lost key players at the start of every season.Agree with you about other Chanpionship clubs taking the piss out of the ffp rules something we have had to abide by as we have one of the lowest incomes in the league but a very generous owner.When you get the likes of Brum buying 3 of our players and quadrupling their wages and their fans giving it large how tinpot we are when in fact they were skint.
Transfer window general thread on 09:27 - Aug 9 with 2355 views00calben

Transfer window general thread on 22:14 - Aug 8 by Dixie_CT

Apparently guzaumpped by Fulham. Ouch!

Brings up old wounds of Langley to Cardiff.

Really impressed with Fulham's transfer business this summer. Reckon they'll go well this year
Transfer window general thread on 09:28 - Aug 9 with 2353 viewstraininvain

Leistner and Hefele were both at Dynam Dresden. Hopefully that might work in our favour.
Transfer window general thread on 10:23 - Aug 9 with 2241 viewsterryb

It would make sense to me that he would choose Forest.

1) It would be a transfer whilst we are offering a loan.

2) I expect Forest would be offering a higher salary than he is on at Huddersfield.

Why Forest would want another defender is beyond me though!
Transfer window general thread on 10:26 - Aug 9 with 2222 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer window general thread on 10:23 - Aug 9 by terryb

2) I expect Forest would be offering a higher salary than he is on at Huddersfield.

Perhaps we could go back an approach Forest to loan Robinson back! Although not sure about him now given he’s clearly their for the money. That or he should be fuming at how he’s been treated (and advised by his agent)!
Transfer window general thread on 10:33 - Aug 9 with 2166 views00calben

Sam Clucas to Stoke. Surprised Swansea are letting him go to a rival, I rate him.

Probably paves the way for Ryan Woods to the Swans......
Transfer window general thread on 10:34 - Aug 9 with 2153 viewsdaveB

Transfer window general thread on 10:26 - Aug 9 by Hunterhoop

Perhaps we could go back an approach Forest to loan Robinson back! Although not sure about him now given he’s clearly their for the money. That or he should be fuming at how he’s been treated (and advised by his agent)!

No sympathy for Robinson, phoned it in sick from April onwards last season to avoid getting injured and got his pay rise, he'll enjoy the bench at Forest
Transfer window general thread on 10:36 - Aug 9 with 2138 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer window general thread on 10:34 - Aug 9 by daveB

No sympathy for Robinson, phoned it in sick from April onwards last season to avoid getting injured and got his pay rise, he'll enjoy the bench at Forest

Same as that. There's very few ex-R's I care about - once they're gone, they're gone - and Robinson definitely isn't one of them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer window general thread on 10:41 - Aug 9 with 2110 viewsDixie_CT

Transfer window general thread on 10:23 - Aug 9 by terryb

I agree although think so should be able to match the reported £350k.

Wages will be the challenge here.

It's ok, let Forest rack and stack, we'll swoop in on the unhappy players there in January. Oh hang on, wait a minute....
Transfer window general thread on 10:43 - Aug 9 with 2090 viewsenfieldargh

Transfer window general thread on 08:54 - Aug 9 by Northernr

according to Wiki Florist are the proud owners of
5 keepers
7 defenders
10 midfield
9 Forwards

So a bit light at the back I think they should sign at least 5 moe defenders

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Transfer window general thread on 10:44 - Aug 9 with 2086 viewsHarbour

Transfer window general thread on 10:36 - Aug 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Same as that. There's very few ex-R's I care about - once they're gone, they're gone - and Robinson definitely isn't one of them.

At least in jan window we really do not need to stress about which players are rejecting a move to us only worry will be about who we sell...oh hold on bit like now !!
Transfer window general thread on 11:31 - Aug 9 with 1956 viewsswitchingcode

Transfer window general thread on 10:33 - Aug 9 by 00calben

Sam Clucas to Stoke. Surprised Swansea are letting him go to a rival, I rate him.

Probably paves the way for Ryan Woods to the Swans......

100%
Transfer window general thread on 11:36 - Aug 9 with 1908 viewsenfieldargh

brentford sign connis carol from Oxford for a few bob.

Next season to be sold on for 9 million

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Transfer window general thread on 12:03 - Aug 9 with 1802 viewssimmo

Big Dan Burn straight to the PL with Brighton?? £5m deal is the talk...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024