Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window general thread 10:16 - May 18 with 87793 viewsrsonist

Yiadom to Reading
Ledson to Preston
Transfer window general thread on 12:11 - Aug 9 with 3652 viewsMick_S

Transfer window general thread on 16:31 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Vydra has apparently turned Leeds down, couldn't agree personal terms.

Yes, he refused to agree that they are a f'kin massive club and are not the champions of Europe.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Transfer window general thread on 13:31 - Aug 9 with 3366 viewsR_from_afar

Transfer window general thread on 10:41 - Aug 9 by Dixie_CT

I agree although think so should be able to match the reported £350k.

Wages will be the challenge here.

It's ok, let Forest rack and stack, we'll swoop in on the unhappy players there in January. Oh hang on, wait a minute....

How about this for a wizard wheeze we can pull in the January window?

- We wait until it becomes clear who Chelski's main transfer target is and how much they are likely to pay
- We come in with a public offer which is double what the blue poo are offering
- We sit back and watch the internet crash as our bitter rival's fans go into meltdown, not realising that we are banned from signing anyone.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Transfer window general thread on 15:16 - Aug 9 with 3146 viewskingsburyR

Courtois continually kissing the Madrid badge as he is presented to the fans.

Athletico must be lovin that.

Who kisses the badge......and on your first day of work.

Christ!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Transfer window general thread on 15:22 - Aug 9 with 3102 viewspaulparker

Windass going to Wigan it seems , we are really getting left behind

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Transfer window general thread on 15:24 - Aug 9 with 3089 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 15:22 - Aug 9 by paulparker

Windass going to Wigan it seems , we are really getting left behind

Are we really worried about that? We've got about nine players in that position.
Transfer window general thread on 15:34 - Aug 9 with 3001 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer window general thread on 15:24 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Are we really worried about that? We've got about nine players in that position.

Even worse, Norf, Wolves have just signed Dendoncker. You've been saying for 20-odd years we should sign him haven't you?
Hang on a minute...

Bare bones.

Transfer window general thread on 15:35 - Aug 9 with 2988 viewspaulparker

Transfer window general thread on 15:24 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Windass is a good option for the money and is a better player than half of those 9 your thinking off certainly better than Goss, Shodipo, Chair, Pavel, Cousins , and if are selling freeman then he would have been a decent replacement
I was scoffed at when I said Blackburn and co were doing better business than us
well Blackburn are trying to buy our best player and we cannot compete with Wigan

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Transfer window general thread on 15:38 - Aug 9 with 2966 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 15:35 - Aug 9 by paulparker

Windass is a good option for the money and is a better player than half of those 9 your thinking off certainly better than Goss, Shodipo, Chair, Pavel, Cousins , and if are selling freeman then he would have been a decent replacement
I was scoffed at when I said Blackburn and co were doing better business than us
well Blackburn are trying to buy our best player and we cannot compete with Wigan

Well I wait to be proven wrong on Windass but that would have been a waste of our time IMO. We need centre backs and strikers, maybe some cover at right back. We don't need yet another player who's a bit of a 7, 8 and 10.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window general thread on 15:41 - Aug 9 with 2928 viewsdistortR

Transfer window general thread on 12:03 - Aug 9 by simmo

Big Dan Burn straight to the PL with Brighton?? £5m deal is the talk...

that is seriously leftfield
Transfer window general thread on 15:52 - Aug 9 with 2840 viewspaulparker

Transfer window general thread on 15:38 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Well I wait to be proven wrong on Windass but that would have been a waste of our time IMO. We need centre backs and strikers, maybe some cover at right back. We don't need yet another player who's a bit of a 7, 8 and 10.

This post has been edited by an administrator

the problem is if we sell Freeman you are relying on BOS, Smyth, Eze to step and play the next 45 games or so and be brilliant because the cover isn't there its not good enough if they get injured or have a loss of form
I totally agree that we need cover at LB and a CB plus a striker but we have known that since May yet here we are with an hour to go in the transfer window and not done anything but sign a defender from the German second division
im not a Les or Lee Hoo's hater but this has been a poor old summer for us

Transfer window general thread on 15:56 - Aug 9 with 2806 viewsToast_R

To coin a phrase from Jimmy "Get me some good Fking players" Hasselbaink...

It is what it is.
Transfer window general thread on 16:06 - Aug 9 with 2730 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 15:52 - Aug 9 by paulparker

the problem is if we sell Freeman you are relying on BOS, Smyth, Eze to step and play the next 45 games or so and be brilliant because the cover isn't there its not good enough if they get injured or have a loss of form
I totally agree that we need cover at LB and a CB plus a striker but we have known that since May yet here we are with an hour to go in the transfer window and not done anything but sign a defender from the German second division
im not a Les or Lee Hoo's hater but this has been a poor old summer for us

And if you signed Windass you'd be obstructing their progress and relying on somebody who's only ever played for Accrington and in Scotland.
Transfer window general thread on 16:27 - Aug 9 with 2584 viewsjohnhoop

Transfer window general thread on 16:06 - Aug 9 by Northernr

And if you signed Windass you'd be obstructing their progress and relying on somebody who's only ever played for Accrington and in Scotland.

Agree that signing Windass is about the last thing we need- when I looked him up after seeing the rumours last night I found it hard to understand why we’d want him. The real problem with our business in this window is that we’ve left it far too late to plug the massive deficiencies in our defence. We appear to have been so set on signing Sainsbury that we let him d-ck us around for ages to the point where we now haven’t had time to recruit a suitable alternative. The defenders we are left with are nowhere near sufficient as it is but if any of them got injured it scarcely bears thinking about.
Transfer window general thread on 16:41 - Aug 9 with 2470 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer window general thread on 16:27 - Aug 9 by johnhoop

Agree that signing Windass is about the last thing we need- when I looked him up after seeing the rumours last night I found it hard to understand why we’d want him. The real problem with our business in this window is that we’ve left it far too late to plug the massive deficiencies in our defence. We appear to have been so set on signing Sainsbury that we let him d-ck us around for ages to the point where we now haven’t had time to recruit a suitable alternative. The defenders we are left with are nowhere near sufficient as it is but if any of them got injured it scarcely bears thinking about.

To be fair, we could also have been pursuing other targets, they just may not have leaked.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer window general thread on 16:44 - Aug 9 with 2427 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I honestly don't know who any of these people are.

Transfer window general thread on 16:46 - Aug 9 with 2390 viewssimmo

Blackburn bid £5m for Brereton. Where are they getting their money from??

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Transfer window general thread on 16:48 - Aug 9 with 2375 viewsJigsore

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Transfer window general thread on 16:50 - Aug 9 with 2351 viewsWrightUp5hit___

and now, everyone's favourite Asian, avian farmers bidding £5 million for Ben Brereton.

Be very jealous of that deal if it comes off. I know it is quite likely beyond our means but Brereton at that price would be a steal.

Edit : oops just beaten to it.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 16:52]
Transfer window general thread on 16:51 - Aug 9 with 2313 viewsdistortR

Transfer window general thread on 16:48 - Aug 9 by Jigsore

looks like the pitch at 'quaint' craven cottage has suffered in the drought
Transfer window general thread on 16:53 - Aug 9 with 2272 viewsSimonJames

Really could have done with a striker... what's the betting Sylla or Smith get injured before the end of August?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Transfer window general thread on 16:56 - Aug 9 with 2238 viewsPinnerPaul

Transfer window general thread on 16:53 - Aug 9 by SimonJames

Really could have done with a striker... what's the betting Sylla or Smith get injured before the end of August?

Loans, don't forget the loans!
Transfer window general thread on 17:01 - Aug 9 with 2154 viewsWeaverQPR

Grant Hall is like a new signing. So when he come back from 3 injuries this year that's like 3 players

@WeavQPR

Transfer window general thread on 17:03 - Aug 9 with 2128 viewsPinnerPaul

Transfer window general thread on 17:01 - Aug 9 by WeaverQPR

Grant Hall is like a new signing. So when he come back from 3 injuries this year that's like 3 players

plus Furlong in 2 months - I Like this game!
Transfer window general thread on 17:04 - Aug 9 with 2101 viewsSimonJames

Transfer window general thread on 16:56 - Aug 9 by PinnerPaul

Loans, don't forget the loans!

I won't hold my breath...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Transfer window general thread on 17:06 - Aug 9 with 2051 viewsPinnerPaul

Under 'Window Shut' BBC has a picture of a man shutting a huge...…………. gate!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024