Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window general thread 10:16 - May 18 with 87631 viewsrsonist

Yiadom to Reading
Ledson to Preston
Transfer window general thread on 22:22 - Jun 4 with 5878 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 16:00 - Jun 1 by enfieldargh

Benik Afobe gone back to wolves for £12.5 million thats 2.5 more than they sold him for 18 months ago

Er... okay...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/04/stoke-city-ready-splash-12m-wolv

Afobe completed a £10m move to Wolves last Friday but it is understood that Nuno Espirito Santo is prepared to already offload him if he can make a profit.

The surprise move has been given the seal of approval by Stoke’s board and talks are already underway with Wolves over a deal which could reach up to £12m.
Transfer window general thread on 22:28 - Jun 4 with 5860 viewsrsonist

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/ryan-fredericks-west-ham-transfer-14729391

Probably clickbait nonsense but this claims that Ryan Fredericks is leaving Fulham for West Ham because they refused his demand to be the highest paid player at the club....
Transfer window general thread on 08:12 - Jun 5 with 5735 viewsTheChef

Transfer window general thread on 16:00 - Jun 4 by WestbourneR

Gotta disagree with you there North. He's a good centre back and would be a very good centre back in the Championship even now.

Richard Dunne Mk II, obviously.

I'd still have Dunne back now, Guinness hangover and all.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Transfer window general thread on 09:20 - Jun 5 with 5680 viewspaulparker

why does everyone think we need an " experienced Centre back" why can't we have a decent CB with a sell on value , we don't need a 34 year old we need someone who can defend properly

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Transfer window general thread on 10:16 - Jun 5 with 5611 viewsPunteR

Transfer window general thread on 09:20 - Jun 5 by paulparker

why does everyone think we need an " experienced Centre back" why can't we have a decent CB with a sell on value , we don't need a 34 year old we need someone who can defend properly

We do need a bit of experience in the side though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Transfer window general thread on 11:52 - Jun 5 with 5522 viewsGloucs_R

Transfer window general thread on 10:16 - Jun 5 by PunteR

We do need a bit of experience in the side though.

We have that with Lynch, Baptiste and Hall. I really hope Hall comes back and does what Robinson did this season and has a blinder, it would make a massive difference.

Did Kakay sign a new contract? So that's RB sorted for the season with Furs and Kakay?

When does the window close this season? Also, do contracts expire at the end of the June?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer window general thread on 12:52 - Jun 6 with 5230 viewsHooped_Pullie

Transfer window general thread on 12:19 - May 18 by rsonist

If rumours are to be believed we generally seem to have our eye on the same players they do. League of Ireland prospects, League 1 stars coming out of contract etc, League 2 kids, non-league late developers.

Difference is they've developed decent (but not really outstanding) players like Hugill and Irvine enough to sell them on, mainly by playing them in a consistent and straightforward system, and are in a position to keep repeating the trick while improving steadily.

Can't exactly see them ever squabbling amongst themselves about whether Wszolek's any good, can you?

Totally spot-on post.

Goes without saying of course, but at no stage does big money (or lack of it) come into the equation at clubs like Preston when they aim for improvement.

Like you, I don't see them disagreeing about erstwhile Polish internationals either.
Transfer window general thread on 13:07 - Jun 6 with 5190 viewsStanisgod

John O'shea to Reading at 37.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window general thread on 14:05 - Jun 6 with 5085 viewsstevec

Transfer window general thread on 15:53 - Jun 4 by Northernr

Don't get the Collins love at all. Bloke was fcking rubbish when he was 24 never mind 34.

He's been in the Premier for a long time so if age hasn't caught up with him he's going to be positionally astute from the years played at that level.

Big part of a decent centre backs job is directing the players around him.
Transfer window general thread on 15:24 - Jun 6 with 5024 viewsrobith

Transfer window general thread on 09:20 - Jun 5 by paulparker

concurred - experience doesn't mean old imo
Transfer window general thread on 17:16 - Jun 6 with 4949 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 13:07 - Jun 6 by Stanisgod

Pound for pound (7.5 million of them in Sone Aluko's case) whoever's been in charge of the Fakes' transfers the last 18 months has got to be the worst executive in football.
Transfer window general thread on 17:19 - Jun 6 with 4944 viewsrsonist

Although Brighton are usually spot-on with their recruitment and they're bidding £5m for Paddy McNair for some reason...
Transfer window general thread on 18:58 - Jun 6 with 4848 viewsenfieldargh

Transfer window general thread on 13:07 - Jun 6 by Stanisgod

Cant believe anyone would take him on.

He's been the core of the Sunderland defence and what a brilliant defence its been

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Transfer window general thread on 07:02 - Jun 7 with 4666 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer window general thread on 18:58 - Jun 6 by enfieldargh

Cant believe anyone would take him on.

He's been the core of the Sunderland defence and what a brilliant defence its been

Criminal that he gets to escape the nightmare at Sunderland. Been there through the entire decline. Was captain if i’m right. Clearly has to shoulder some of the blame, especially this season just gone, and he gets to saunter off to enough willing and foolish club in the Champ. As that Sunderland match reporter said, last season he was playing like he was towing a caravan around the pitch. I presume Reading don’t bother with scouts.
Transfer window general thread on 09:53 - Jun 7 with 4584 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 07:02 - Jun 7 by Hunterhoop

Criminal that he gets to escape the nightmare at Sunderland. Been there through the entire decline. Was captain if i’m right. Clearly has to shoulder some of the blame, especially this season just gone, and he gets to saunter off to enough willing and foolish club in the Champ. As that Sunderland match reporter said, last season he was playing like he was towing a caravan around the pitch. I presume Reading don’t bother with scouts.

Honestly I would love to know what Reading do bother with though, they're literally just signing dross commonly known to even casual observers as being useless? It's not like us buying superficially talented reputation players like Caulker, Fer, Traore etc without doing our homework.

It almost seems like there's some guy there fancying himself a hidden value Moneyball guru who's just making the piggest ear of it ever.
Transfer window general thread on 13:57 - Jun 7 with 4469 viewsNov77

[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 13:58]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Transfer window general thread on 17:23 - Jun 7 with 4355 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Rumour on Tw*tter about Bidwell to Millwall....
Transfer window general thread on 17:25 - Jun 7 with 4351 viewsPunteR

Transfer window general thread on 17:23 - Jun 7 by Ashdown_Ranger

Rumour on Tw*tter about Bidwell to Millwall....

Hope not

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Transfer window general thread on 17:41 - Jun 7 with 4303 viewsloftboy

Karl Henry is available on a free😇

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Transfer window general thread on 12:17 - Jun 8 with 4006 viewsPhildo

Leicester just bought Johnny Evans for 3m having bid 25m for him last summer. Must have been a tough year for the lad.
Transfer window general thread on 12:25 - Jun 8 with 3981 viewsMedwayR

Transfer window general thread on 12:17 - Jun 8 by Phildo

Leicester just bought Johnny Evans for 3m having bid 25m for him last summer. Must have been a tough year for the lad.

He had a relegation clause that he could leave for £3m.

What I don't understand is why Arsenal & Man City were making big bids a year ago but were nowhere to be seen once WBA had gone down, he's not turned into a bad player in a year and would be a good squad player for them at that price, unless he made it clear that he wants first team football. Good signing for Leicester and short-sighted by WBA not to take the money a year ago!

Poll: Who’s better?

Transfer window general thread on 13:14 - Jun 8 with 3929 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer window general thread on 12:25 - Jun 8 by MedwayR

He had a relegation clause that he could leave for £3m.

What I don't understand is why Arsenal & Man City were making big bids a year ago but were nowhere to be seen once WBA had gone down, he's not turned into a bad player in a year and would be a good squad player for them at that price, unless he made it clear that he wants first team football. Good signing for Leicester and short-sighted by WBA not to take the money a year ago!

Ex-Ranger Damien Delaney has signed for hometown club Cork City. Younger than John O' Shea and better but he didn't play for Man. Utd. so no ludicrous Reading contract for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer window general thread on 01:35 - Jun 9 with 3778 viewsvanrrrr

Premier league released list

https://www.premierleague.com/news/698753?sf191372100=1

rednapp would be licking his chops at some of the names on here
Transfer window general thread on 04:44 - Jun 9 with 3749 viewsHooparoo

Transfer window general thread on 01:35 - Jun 9 by vanrrrr

Premier league released list

https://www.premierleague.com/news/698753?sf191372100=1

rednapp would be licking his chops at some of the names on here

Robert Huth from Leicester. Could still be handy at CB

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Transfer window general thread on 04:54 - Jun 9 with 3746 viewslarsricchi

Transfer window general thread on 09:59 - Jun 4 by Ashdown_Ranger

All very quiet on the transfer front... so I thought I'd bite at this reTweet from Ruben Gnanalingam

'The Malaysian Messi'.. a bit of build-up/hype for a possible incoming player???

Or 2+2=5 ???

Took my son to this match, his first time seeing SKC in the flesh. He left the park saying this Kuzain kid was his new favorite. Yet I don't foresee my boy making any Messi comparisons just yet!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024