Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window general thread 10:16 - May 18 with 87147 viewsrsonist

Yiadom to Reading
Ledson to Preston
Transfer window general thread on 13:47 - Jun 14 with 5208 viewsWestbourneR

Transfer window general thread on 13:42 - Jun 14 by lave16

ok so does this go against our buy young and sell on philosophy?

Yes but if you blindly follow that path for every single purchase you end up with a lovely looking but lightwieght team like Barnsley and get relegated.

I know it's a tired expression - but you need a mix.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Transfer window general thread on 13:53 - Jun 14 with 5191 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Transfer window general thread on 13:42 - Jun 14 by lave16

ok so does this go against our buy young and sell on philosophy?

Maybe but in that position we need proven performers at the moment. They may bring in a younger player too of course. We’re a championship football club not a fcking creche!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Transfer window general thread on 03:51 - Jun 15 with 4871 viewsvanrrrr

Forest doing a Wolves

Nottingham Forest have confirmed the double signing of Benfica pair Joao Carvalho and Diogo Goncalves - the former for a club-record £13m.
Transfer window general thread on 05:59 - Jun 15 with 4835 viewsLblock

Transfer window general thread on 13:27 - Jun 14 by bosh67

Paul Huntington was the best CB I saw this season at Loftus Road. Marked Smith out the game and out jumped him every time. He is under 6 foot (even though Wiki says he is 6 3") but has a Paul Parker style leap on him. Very impressive but again not sure we can afford him.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 13:30]

Geezer on dotorg states he’s a friend of a friend and apparently the fella has said we’re not matching the money PNE currently paying him so it’s a non starter.

Shame

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer window general thread on 08:31 - Jun 15 with 4743 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer window general thread on 03:51 - Jun 15 by vanrrrr

Forest doing a Wolves

Nottingham Forest have confirmed the double signing of Benfica pair Joao Carvalho and Diogo Goncalves - the former for a club-record £13m.

It’s utterly ridiculous.

We’re going to be one of about four teams genuinely trying to meet FFP and one of only four getting remotely close. Meanwhil the FL will continue trying to stick that £60m fine on us.

We are trying to do the right thing now. No one else is. No one else is getting nailed.

I really want us to do well next year. We are the good guys. Everyone else can f*ck off.

How on earth can Preston be paying bigger salaries than us?! Where’s that money from? No parachute payments or gate receipts. TV the same.

I hope we spoil these gamblers’ plans.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 11:01]
Transfer window general thread on 08:36 - Jun 15 with 4732 viewsTheChef

Transfer window general thread on 08:31 - Jun 15 by Hunterhoop

It’s utterly ridiculous.

We’re going to be one of about four teams genuinely trying to meet FFP and one of only four getting remotely close. Meanwhil the FL will continue trying to stick that £60m fine on us.

We are trying to do the right thing now. No one else is. No one else is getting nailed.

I really want us to do well next year. We are the good guys. Everyone else can f*ck off.

How on earth can Preston be paying bigger salaries than us?! Where’s that money from? No parachute payments or gate receipts. TV the same.

I've thought for a long time the Premier League has no basis in financial reality. Looks like the Championship is going the same way.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Transfer window general thread on 08:57 - Jun 15 with 4710 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

"How on earth can Preston be paying bigger salaries than us?! Where’s that money from. No parachute payments or gate receipts. TV the same."

Maybe that's why they're selling him? Also they have the benefit of not having to pay off managers every few months.

Transfer window general thread on 09:05 - Jun 15 with 4697 viewsrsonist

It’s utterly ridiculous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43319004

This article attempts to justify the expenditure as within means... unconvincing to say the least.

The £32m profit announced today may not be accepted by the League, due to the £40m of loans written off. QPR did something similar a few years ago, but the League disputed it. However, the circumstances at Forest seem significantly different.

But even in that worst case, the figures represent a loss for this year of £8m, which combined with the previous two years' losses would give a three-year figure of around £31m - comfortably within the permitted £39m limit.

Not sure about the Huntington wages story - he joined them on a free transfer from Yeovil in 2012 - but having sold £12m of Hugill and Cunningham recently Preston seem to me like one of the few who are still balancing the books.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window general thread on 09:09 - Jun 15 with 4688 viewsQPR_John

Transfer window general thread on 08:57 - Jun 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

"How on earth can Preston be paying bigger salaries than us?! Where’s that money from. No parachute payments or gate receipts. TV the same."

Maybe that's why they're selling him? Also they have the benefit of not having to pay off managers every few months.

Of course every few months means different things to different people. How many managers have been paid off since 2016
Transfer window general thread on 09:17 - Jun 15 with 4674 viewsrsonist

Also "we are the good guys" sounds nice and all but the rolled-up FFP paper hitting our greedy snouts is 95% of why we're behaving ourselves now. If you think we wouldn't still be sloshing the money around with the worst of them if those restrictions were lifted you're a more trusting man than I.

Mind you there's overspending and then there's getting in bed with the Mendes profiteering racket - compared to that we are the good guys. Then again I suppose that's we tried with Joorabchian years ago, just he's not as good at it...
Transfer window general thread on 09:25 - Jun 15 with 4656 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Transfer window general thread on 09:09 - Jun 15 by QPR_John

Of course every few months means different things to different people. How many managers have been paid off since 2016

2 since 2016 I think. How many do you want? ;)

Transfer window general thread on 09:44 - Jun 15 with 4616 viewspaulparker

It’s utterly ridiculous.

TBF id much rather have Smyth and Eze , as for Preston they haven't had TF go out and waste 200 million the last 6 years and have sold players like Hugill for 8 million while we sell Austin for 4 million , that's why they have a bigger budget than us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Transfer window general thread on 09:47 - Jun 15 with 4608 viewsstevec

I'd be very surprised If McLaren has turned up on a premise that there's no money available.
Transfer window general thread on 10:16 - Jun 15 with 4574 viewsQPR_John

Transfer window general thread on 09:25 - Jun 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

2 since 2016 I think. How many do you want? ;)

My point being that is not every few months
Transfer window general thread on 10:22 - Jun 15 with 4560 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Transfer window general thread on 10:16 - Jun 15 by QPR_John

My point being that is not every few months

Yes an exaggeration admittedly but certainly more than Preston. Which was my point.

Transfer window general thread on 12:27 - Jun 15 with 4397 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer window general thread on 09:17 - Jun 15 by rsonist

Also "we are the good guys" sounds nice and all but the rolled-up FFP paper hitting our greedy snouts is 95% of why we're behaving ourselves now. If you think we wouldn't still be sloshing the money around with the worst of them if those restrictions were lifted you're a more trusting man than I.

Mind you there's overspending and then there's getting in bed with the Mendes profiteering racket - compared to that we are the good guys. Then again I suppose that's we tried with Joorabchian years ago, just he's not as good at it...

But we are now the good guys.

The club today is not the same club as the one who spunked £250m up the wall and lined Joorabchiam and McKay’s pockets.

It’s the same entity, but different personnel, and most importantly a different approach, culture and different strategies.

We are the good guys now. I’m judging Hoos and Les on what they’ve done and do, not what their predecessors running the show did.

Are the perfect? No. Will they make mistakes? Yes. Will Fernandes be able to resist meddling now and again? Probably not.

But be happy that we are now the good guys in this league of chancers, gamblers, crooks, and corruption, where our budget will be dwarfed by most.
Transfer window general thread on 12:38 - Jun 15 with 4370 viewspaulparker

Transfer window general thread on 09:47 - Jun 15 by stevec

I'd be very surprised If McLaren has turned up on a premise that there's no money available.

I don't know Steve he was hardly fighting the job offers off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Transfer window general thread on 13:52 - Jun 15 with 4243 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 09:47 - Jun 15 by stevec

Prepare to be surprised then.

As I've said, over and over again, to people hammering them for not buying a striker, for people hammering them for lack of ambition, for people hammering Holloway for not doing better...

it's all there, in black and white, in the FFP rules of the league and in our accounts.
Transfer window general thread on 15:41 - Jun 15 with 4108 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 12:27 - Jun 15 by Hunterhoop

But we are now the good guys.

The club today is not the same club as the one who spunked £250m up the wall and lined Joorabchiam and McKay’s pockets.

It’s the same entity, but different personnel, and most importantly a different approach, culture and different strategies.

We are the good guys now. I’m judging Hoos and Les on what they’ve done and do, not what their predecessors running the show did.

Are the perfect? No. Will they make mistakes? Yes. Will Fernandes be able to resist meddling now and again? Probably not.

But be happy that we are now the good guys in this league of chancers, gamblers, crooks, and corruption, where our budget will be dwarfed by most.

Paragraph breaks and heavy breathing doesn't make it any more true, but okay. You sound absolutely insane by the way.
Transfer window general thread on 16:48 - Jun 15 with 4008 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 15:41 - Jun 15 by rsonist

Paragraph breaks and heavy breathing doesn't make it any more true, but okay. You sound absolutely insane by the way.

WTF?
Transfer window general thread on 18:09 - Jun 15 with 3932 viewsrsonist

Transfer window general thread on 16:48 - Jun 15 by Northernr

WTF?

What are you struggling with?

I agree the club's doing noble, wholesome things and other clubs are dealing with the devil trying to get promoted. It's a good narrative. I'm just saying we've rather been forced into doing so, for our own good. Not that controversial a point is it, we all know it's true.

Hunter's Histrionics over here about "NO NO WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS" come off unhinged to me. Why do we need to reduce things to that? It's not an Avengers film.
Transfer window general thread on 16:31 - Jun 17 with 3519 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 18:09 - Jun 15 by rsonist

What are you struggling with?

I agree the club's doing noble, wholesome things and other clubs are dealing with the devil trying to get promoted. It's a good narrative. I'm just saying we've rather been forced into doing so, for our own good. Not that controversial a point is it, we all know it's true.

Hunter's Histrionics over here about "NO NO WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS" come off unhinged to me. Why do we need to reduce things to that? It's not an Avengers film.

Well I agree we’ve been forced into it and that given half a chance the board would go mental with the spending again, it’s the rules don’t allow it. I just didn’t read Hunter’s post as anything particularly OTT so was a bit taken aback with the aggression of the response.
Transfer window general thread on 18:45 - Jun 17 with 3396 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Transfer window general thread on 16:31 - Jun 17 by Northernr

Well I agree we’ve been forced into it and that given half a chance the board would go mental with the spending again, it’s the rules don’t allow it. I just didn’t read Hunter’s post as anything particularly OTT so was a bit taken aback with the aggression of the response.

Hunter has called my posts garbage, tosh, bullshit, and balderdash many times.

He is right that I talk pish, but i'm sure he's a big boy who can take what he gives.

I don't think trying to undo 5 years of financial doping just because we were threatened with the naughty step makes us the good guys to be honest.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 18:47]
Transfer window general thread on 19:03 - Jun 17 with 3366 viewsNorthernr

Transfer window general thread on 18:45 - Jun 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hunter has called my posts garbage, tosh, bullshit, and balderdash many times.

He is right that I talk pish, but i'm sure he's a big boy who can take what he gives.

I don't think trying to undo 5 years of financial doping just because we were threatened with the naughty step makes us the good guys to be honest.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 18:47]

Me neither. I’m clearly missing something though because this thread seems a bit weird to me.
Transfer window general thread on 19:16 - Jun 17 with 3356 viewsPunteR

Bit weird calling Hunter insane..
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 19:17]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024