Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren's first 'presser' 11:23 - May 21 with 13841 viewsNorthernr

Very much hoping he does this in a cockney accent. Updates and embellishments to follow.

Ok here he is, it's a beautiful day on Steve McClaren's Hair Island.

Had a good three months here before, the dressing room needed sorting out. The last two years have been very good, getting the house in order. I'm excvited by the squad, have missed coaching and building a team. The squad is very good, young, enthusiastic, attitude, can play football.

No targets been set for him. Priority is winning, and winning in a certain style, believes this squad can achieve it.

Young players handled last season well, to go forwards and win consistently you need experience around that youth. Been in two days, had half a day with Les, sitting down next two days to discuss resources and where we go from here.

Club is in recovery. It's stable. Now it needs to be taken forward.

SkyBot 2.0 is fishing for transfer news natch. Keeps straight batting it.

Chris Martin and Jamie Ward - over the next few days and weeks we'll be linked with everybody. We've got time to sit down and plan and look ahead.

Not about budgets, big playersh, championsh league. Brentford, Millwall, Bristol City have shown you don't have to have a massive budget to compete and be near the play-offs. Over the next year we want to go forward, the club has stabilised, we'll add experience to the squad and try to progress.

Find out the budget over the next few days. Everybody knows the troubles QPR has experienced, the FFP, that's taken the club backwards. I've got to credit everybody behind the scenes here, the recruitment and stabilising over the last two years, definitely over the next year or two it's now in a position where it can go forward.

Sky are now asking about how Steve would feel about facing Fat Frank Fcking Lampard if he gets the Ipswich manager's job. I am absolutely not wasting our fcking time typing this bit up. Cnts.

Woman with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own from the BBC is now asking marginally better questions.

Enjoyed the time here last time, loved the club, the supporters and the stadium, there's a great tradition here.

Says the best team lost the play-off final with a wry smile, always been intrigued with what's going on, kept in touch with Tony Fernandes. The club has good owners and is in a position to move forwards. A lot has changed, looking forward to getting started.

It's a coaching job, developing players, building a team.

Good relationship with Les. Ex-pro, interesting transition into a director of football role, QPR legend, planning the season with him over the next few days.

Win the first game is all we're thinking about. Get everything in order, good pre-season, win the first game.

Timing of signings doesn't matter, just about getting the right players. Already spoken with Gary Penrice and over the last two years the recruitment, the young players they've brought in, have been very good. We want that to continue.

Now asking about advice for Gareth Southgate - from a man who never went to a tournament. Talk among yourselves. Young Squad. Will surprise people. Etc Etc.

I'll put the tennis on for you while this nonsense is going on.

Oh and that's your lot. It's finished. Nothing groundbreaking. Two wnky Sky questions.

This post has been edited by an administrator
McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:22 - May 21 with 2529 viewsheadhoops

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:45 - May 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

To sum up
I don't know, wait and see
I don't know, wait and see...............................................

didnt have to wait and see your post could have filled that in hours ago.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:27 - May 21 with 2511 viewsJAPRANGERS

Sorry if I’ve missed it but do we know who is McClaren’s assistant yet??
McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:28 - May 21 with 2506 viewsMaggsinho

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:27 - May 21 by JAPRANGERS

Sorry if I’ve missed it but do we know who is McClaren’s assistant yet??

Not been announced yet.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:30 - May 21 with 2500 viewsMick_S

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:21 - May 21 by JAPRANGERS

Thanks for the write up Clive. I was going to watch the press thing but got stuck at work so missed it. And thanks for the melons video eh I mean tennis video!

Nice lunge!!!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:31 - May 21 with 2488 viewsJAPRANGERS

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:28 - May 21 by Maggsinho

Not been announced yet.

Thanks mate!
McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:34 - May 21 with 2472 viewsRs_Holy

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:30 - May 21 by Mick_S

Nice lunge!!!

makes one appreciate Serena William's ability to win so many matches, considering she's accomodating similar sized attributes!
McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:46 - May 21 with 2424 viewsNorthernr

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:12 - May 21 by robith

Didn't someone from Sky once ask Harry who he thought was going to win the Masters? That's still my nadir

It was the Ryder Cup. Fcking pathetic.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:48 - May 21 with 2412 viewsNorthernr

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:49 - May 21 by BklynRanger

I thought he seemed a bit cranky.

I thought so too. Might have spent all weekend moving house, might have spent all weekend dealing with London Lettings Agents, might be feeling like sht, who knows.

Thought it was interesting that he mentioned bringing experienced players in to play alongside the kids four or five times, already a slight change in rhetoric from last week when it was all about the kids. And that he said he'd be finding out what the budget was for players and planning this week - refuse to believe you would take a job without being aware of that.

But, overally, you should never read anything into these things, they're pony.
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:52 - May 21 with 2390 viewsGroveR

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:57 - May 21 by kropotkin41

I think the worst question came after that. Didn't some idiot ask if he felt that Dodgy Harry had helped his managerial career out by giving him those 3 months at QPR?

"... well the trick is, you open the aaacaaahnt in yer dog's name. Or Bondy's. Triffic."
McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:53 - May 21 with 2388 viewsTheChef

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:48 - May 21 by Northernr

I thought so too. Might have spent all weekend moving house, might have spent all weekend dealing with London Lettings Agents, might be feeling like sht, who knows.

Thought it was interesting that he mentioned bringing experienced players in to play alongside the kids four or five times, already a slight change in rhetoric from last week when it was all about the kids. And that he said he'd be finding out what the budget was for players and planning this week - refuse to believe you would take a job without being aware of that.

What's Richard Dunne up to these days?

Seriously though we could use another experienced CB in the Cullip/Hill/Nelsen/Dunne mould.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:54 - May 21 with 2382 viewsNorthernr

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:53 - May 21 by TheChef

What's Richard Dunne up to these days?

Seriously though we could use another experienced CB in the Cullip/Hill/Nelsen/Dunne mould.

Yeh centre back is a big and immediate problem for us. We won't, but I maintain if we go into next season with Lynch, Baptiste and Hall as our first choice three we'll be playing Rochdale the season after.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 16:11 - May 21 with 2186 viewsessextaxiboy

McClaren's first 'presser' on 13:54 - May 21 by Northernr

Yeh centre back is a big and immediate problem for us. We won't, but I maintain if we go into next season with Lynch, Baptiste and Hall as our first choice three we'll be playing Rochdale the season after.

I sort of assumed " the next level" was going to be upward ...
McClaren's first 'presser' on 16:26 - May 21 with 2144 viewsGroveR

We could go all Keegan and just outscore other tea...oh.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 21:21 - May 21 with 1890 viewsloftus77

Come off it, this would never happen..

...Rochdale will surely be in League Two in 2019/20.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 21:44 - May 21 with 1848 viewsTacticalR

Should we have kept Holloway on as consultant to do the pressers?

Air hostess clique

McClaren's first 'presser' on 22:03 - May 21 with 1810 viewsrsonist

McClaren's first 'presser' on 21:44 - May 21 by TacticalR

Should we have kept Holloway on as consultant to do the pressers?

Yeah I'd been thinking to myself that Schteve's been very well rehearsed (felt like he must have said "streamlining the squad, getting the budget down, and also the introduction of new players" at least four times in full on Friday) but then that's why he's in the job now really isn't it? Someone to stick to the script.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 22:05 - May 21 with 1804 viewsTacticalR

McClaren's first 'presser' on 22:03 - May 21 by rsonist

Yeah I'd been thinking to myself that Schteve's been very well rehearsed (felt like he must have said "streamlining the squad, getting the budget down, and also the introduction of new players" at least four times in full on Friday) but then that's why he's in the job now really isn't it? Someone to stick to the script.

That's all very well but I like colourful stories about birds in taxis.

Air hostess clique

McClaren's first 'presser' on 23:04 - May 21 with 1713 viewsAntti_Heinola

yeah suspect that was all just because he had to say something. Experience makes sense - we are low on it now with perch, mackie and ned gone. at least one grizzled vet needed.

Bare bones.

McClaren's first 'presser' on 02:40 - May 22 with 1635 viewstimcocking

Ok here he is, it's a beautiful day on Steve McClaren's Hair Island.

Great intro. I shouldn't have laughed, but couldn't help myself.
McClaren's first 'presser' on 09:11 - May 22 with 1555 views2Thomas2Bowles

McClaren's first 'presser' on 11:51 - May 21 by CroydonCaptJack

What did you expect out of interest?
His starting eleven for the first game?

Ok for the week it's taken since IH was sacked and the weeks before when talking to the owners.

The only thing that was discussed was the weather and where they were going on holiday because he has no idea about anything else apparently.

Still, if some want to swallow that glass of piss... enjoy.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 9:13]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

McClaren's first 'presser' on 09:19 - May 22 with 1541 viewsTheChef

McClaren's first 'presser' on 09:11 - May 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Ok for the week it's taken since IH was sacked and the weeks before when talking to the owners.

The only thing that was discussed was the weather and where they were going on holiday because he has no idea about anything else apparently.

Still, if some want to swallow that glass of piss... enjoy.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 9:13]

Maybe give him a little time to settle in, work with the players, play a few games of football, before judging him too harshly?

McClaren's first 'presser' on 09:22 - May 22 with 1526 views2Thomas2Bowles

McClaren's first 'presser' on 09:19 - May 22 by TheChef

Maybe give him a little time to settle in, work with the players, play a few games of football, before judging him too harshly?

Well, when he starts off bullshitting he brings it on himself.

McClaren's first 'presser' on 09:28 - May 22 with 1512 viewsTheChef

McClaren's first 'presser' on 09:22 - May 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Fine, be like that then. You obviously don't want him to succeed, I don't know why you have taken so strongly against him when he's barely got his feet under the table.

McClaren's first 'presser' on 09:34 - May 22 with 1500 viewsRangersw12

McClaren's first 'presser' on 09:22 - May 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Grow up for christ sake

A lot of people are annoyed Ollie was sacked (myself included) but can you not hijack every thread with your anti McClaren nonsense your supposed to support the club not just who's the manager
McClaren's first 'presser' on 09:39 - May 22 with 1481 views2Thomas2Bowles

McClaren's first 'presser' on 09:28 - May 22 by TheChef

Fine, be like that then. You obviously don't want him to succeed, I don't know why you have taken so strongly against him when he's barely got his feet under the table.

What do you consider as succeeding?

He is pretty vague on that himself.

[Post edited 22 May 2018 10:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024