Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone Pragmatic 14:55 - May 21 with 9281 viewspeejaybee

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44200015

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Someone Pragmatic on 11:40 - May 22 with 2184 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Someone Pragmatic on 11:30 - May 22 by essextaxiboy

I am lots of things but not dishonest . (Fact)

Just making the point that Holloways target was 10th , Mclaren himself told the BBC "top half" ie 9th or better. Personally I think that is an absolute minimum to be considered as "taking us to the next level "

5 more points( and in my "opinion" they would have been there without the injuries in the autumn) and that is exactly where Holloway would have finished .

Lets see what transfer budget he is given and compare it to being able to afford Scowen and a couple of kids .

Please done get me wrong, I support the team not the manager but after the last few years stability is key for me and not just change because of a few tossers giving it to TF on Twitter.

I went to an interview once where their opening question was ‘what do you consider your biggest weakness’?

I told them ‘honesty’.

They said ‘we don’t consider honesty a weakness’.

So I said ‘I don’t give a fvck what you think’.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 11:40]
Someone Pragmatic on 11:48 - May 22 with 2149 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just making the point that Holloways target was 10th , Mclaren himself told the BBC "top half" ie 9th or better. Personally I think that is an absolute minimum to be considered as "taking us to the next level "

5 more points( and in my "opinion" they would have been there without the injuries in the autumn) and that is exactly where Holloway would have finished .

Lets see what transfer budget he is given and compare it to being able to afford Scowen and a couple of kids .

Please done get me wrong, I support the team not the manager but after the last few years stability is key for me and not just change because of a few tossers giving it to TF on Twitter.

5 more points( and in my "opinion" they would have been there without the injuries in the autumn) and that is exactly where Holloway would have finished

TF on open all R's said himself that "horrendous injuries impacted on results and what IH could do"

Did not save IH so I'm not expecting, should it happen, that it would save S McC

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Someone Pragmatic on 11:51 - May 22 with 2135 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Someone Pragmatic on 16:56 - May 21 by loftboy

Does anyone want to be back in the PL aiming to finish 17th

Knowing our bad luck, we'll probably find out in 2020!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Someone Pragmatic on 12:14 - May 22 with 2103 viewsisawqpratwcity

Was 10th for budgeting or Holloway's performance purposes? Seriously, I don't know where this number came from. Maybe that should be sorted out before we try to strap it to McClaren's back. And let's be frank, Holloway didn't get within cooee of it.

Minor error, top half starts at 12th, and yes, five points would have got us there. Should I also indicate 12 points needed for eleventh and 14 for tenth?

Holloway had three transfer windows, well, two, really, but they did amount to a fair bit more than "Scowen and a couple of kids."

I'm glad to hear that you support the team, not the manager. I would just prefer to give the bloke a chance to do something before he is dragged down. It's not his fault he replaced Holloway. And I think that was down to a fair bit more than "a few tossers giving it to TF on Twitter."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Someone Pragmatic on 13:38 - May 22 with 2045 viewspeejaybee

Someone Pragmatic on 11:40 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

I went to an interview once where their opening question was ‘what do you consider your biggest weakness’?

I told them ‘honesty’.

They said ‘we don’t consider honesty a weakness’.

So I said ‘I don’t give a fvck what you think’.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 11:40]

Did you get the job.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Someone Pragmatic on 13:45 - May 22 with 2031 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Someone Pragmatic on 13:38 - May 22 by peejaybee

Did you get the job.

No, Connor ended up getting it.
Someone Pragmatic on 13:52 - May 22 with 2007 viewsisawqpratwcity

Someone Pragmatic on 13:45 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

No, Connor ended up getting it.

Washington?

Someone Pragmatic on 14:00 - May 22 with 1995 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Someone Pragmatic on 13:52 - May 22 by isawqpratwcity

Washington?

No, ticket office.
Login to get fewer ads

Someone Pragmatic on 14:54 - May 22 with 1953 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Someone Pragmatic on 12:14 - May 22 by isawqpratwcity

Was 10th for budgeting or Holloway's performance purposes? Seriously, I don't know where this number came from. Maybe that should be sorted out before we try to strap it to McClaren's back. And let's be frank, Holloway didn't get within cooee of it.

Minor error, top half starts at 12th, and yes, five points would have got us there. Should I also indicate 12 points needed for eleventh and 14 for tenth?

Holloway had three transfer windows, well, two, really, but they did amount to a fair bit more than "Scowen and a couple of kids."

I'm glad to hear that you support the team, not the manager. I would just prefer to give the bloke a chance to do something before he is dragged down. It's not his fault he replaced Holloway. And I think that was down to a fair bit more than "a few tossers giving it to TF on Twitter."

The question was from me to Lee Hoos when I asked where are we budgeted to finish this season? I did originally ask the question in November via email but the question was only answered at the end of the season!
Someone Pragmatic on 15:50 - May 22 with 1926 viewskensalriser

Again, again, again: the budgeting for 10th was entirely a budgetary consideration, not a performance target. I repeat it was NOT A PERFORMANCE TARGET. It's not a fckn stick to beat anyone with.

Clive, maybe you should sticky something to this effect so we don't have a bastard thread about it for every fckn week of next season when we're below 10th. Which will probably be most weeks.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Someone Pragmatic on 16:30 - May 22 with 1892 viewsisawqpratwcity

Someone Pragmatic on 14:54 - May 22 by superhoopdownunder

The question was from me to Lee Hoos when I asked where are we budgeted to finish this season? I did originally ask the question in November via email but the question was only answered at the end of the season!

Thanks for that.

Ok, so 'budgeted' and 'Lee Hoos' indicate that this is a financial assumption, and not necessarily anything to do with any performance indicator ascribed to Holloway by the Board and/or Ferdinand.

Someone Pragmatic on 16:32 - May 22 with 1889 viewsNorthernr

Someone Pragmatic on 15:50 - May 22 by kensalriser

Again, again, again: the budgeting for 10th was entirely a budgetary consideration, not a performance target. I repeat it was NOT A PERFORMANCE TARGET. It's not a fckn stick to beat anyone with.

Clive, maybe you should sticky something to this effect so we don't have a bastard thread about it for every fckn week of next season when we're below 10th. Which will probably be most weeks.

Also, is there really that much financial difference between finishing 10th or 16th in the Championship?
Someone Pragmatic on 16:46 - May 22 with 1853 viewsShunter

I wonder what position target Huddersfield and Cardiff decided on at the start of their promotion winning seasons to the PL.
Someone Pragmatic on 17:03 - May 22 with 1830 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Someone Pragmatic on 16:32 - May 22 by Northernr

Also, is there really that much financial difference between finishing 10th or 16th in the Championship?

Someone Pragmatic on 17:39 - May 22 with 1800 viewsessextaxiboy

Someone Pragmatic on 15:50 - May 22 by kensalriser

They go hand in hand , if you are budgeting for 10th financially then you have to perform well enough to finish 10th .
Someone Pragmatic on 19:18 - May 22 with 1755 viewskensalriser

Someone Pragmatic on 17:39 - May 22 by essextaxiboy

They go hand in hand , if you are budgeting for 10th financially then you have to perform well enough to finish 10th .

You've just completely failed to understand the point. I give up.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Someone Pragmatic on 19:27 - May 22 with 1741 viewsessextaxiboy

Someone Pragmatic on 19:18 - May 22 by kensalriser

You've just completely failed to understand the point. I give up.

I cant see what I am missing ?
Someone Pragmatic on 04:14 - May 23 with 1637 viewsisawqpratwcity

Someone Pragmatic on 19:27 - May 22 by essextaxiboy

I cant see what I am missing ?

Here you go (and thanks to superhoopdownunder for his assistance getting this):

"Where did we budget to finish this season?"
"...from a cost perspective...the biggest impact would be the better you're doing, the more you're paying the players in players' incentive bonus scheme, so we usually do it, from a, from a cost perspective, to figure we'll finish between, you know, around mid-t-, around tenth, I think, is what we allocate for that..."

That question is clearly addressed from a financial point of view (as you would expect from Hoos), and even then he isn't absolutely definitive on what place he uses. That is a long, long way from being a yardstick to measure the manager by, or a rod to beat him with.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/qpr-business-with-lee-hoos-april/

Someone Pragmatic on 05:37 - May 23 with 1611 viewsessextaxiboy

Someone Pragmatic on 04:14 - May 23 by isawqpratwcity

Here you go (and thanks to superhoopdownunder for his assistance getting this):

"Where did we budget to finish this season?"
"...from a cost perspective...the biggest impact would be the better you're doing, the more you're paying the players in players' incentive bonus scheme, so we usually do it, from a, from a cost perspective, to figure we'll finish between, you know, around mid-t-, around tenth, I think, is what we allocate for that..."

That question is clearly addressed from a financial point of view (as you would expect from Hoos), and even then he isn't absolutely definitive on what place he uses. That is a long, long way from being a yardstick to measure the manager by, or a rod to beat him with.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/qpr-business-with-lee-hoos-april/

Ok I get it . I was coming at it from a revenue gained perspective not cost incurred
For example , nearer the playoffs , better performances so increased gates and matchday revenues , and slightly better prize money .
If anyone wanted to beat the manager with a yardstick would they would be safer using the self imposed ambition of 12th or better that he told the BBC ?
Someone Pragmatic on 06:21 - May 23 with 1600 viewsisawqpratwcity

Someone Pragmatic on 05:37 - May 23 by essextaxiboy

Ok I get it . I was coming at it from a revenue gained perspective not cost incurred
For example , nearer the playoffs , better performances so increased gates and matchday revenues , and slightly better prize money .
If anyone wanted to beat the manager with a yardstick would they would be safer using the self imposed ambition of 12th or better that he told the BBC ?

If he's the one that says it, then it's up to him to make it happen.

You always hook a fish by its mouth.

(But give him a chance first.)

Nb. As far as I know, there is no position-based prize money in the Championship.

Someone Pragmatic on 08:41 - May 23 with 1544 viewsRangersw12

In a recent interview on the official site Les said the target for 18/19 is to finish top 10

I would see that as very good progress but I think it's a tall order especially with losing experience like Ned & Mackie

I would take 16th , A win at Forest and a decent cup run myself.

We need a bit if excitement as knocking around midtable and going out the cups early is dull and a major contribution towards lower attendances
Someone Pragmatic on 09:22 - May 23 with 1507 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm in no doubt the goal posts have been moved again and the owners want playoffs as a minimum next season.

Someone Pragmatic on 09:37 - May 23 with 1491 viewsessextaxiboy

Someone Pragmatic on 06:21 - May 23 by isawqpratwcity

If he's the one that says it, then it's up to him to make it happen.

You always hook a fish by its mouth.

(But give him a chance first.)

Nb. As far as I know, there is no position-based prize money in the Championship.

There is a flounder joke in there somewhere . Note how I managed to pinpoint mid table today .
I went all decimal yesterday ....
Someone Pragmatic on 09:47 - May 23 with 1479 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Someone Pragmatic on 09:22 - May 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm in no doubt the goal posts have been moved again and the owners want playoffs as a minimum next season.

I can't see how you are in no doubt. Speculate away, by all means. Seeing, however, as no-one has said anything of the sort it is pure speculation on your part, to be fair.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Someone Pragmatic on 10:13 - May 23 with 1450 views2Thomas2Bowles

Someone Pragmatic on 09:47 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't see how you are in no doubt. Speculate away, by all means. Seeing, however, as no-one has said anything of the sort it is pure speculation on your part, to be fair.

I don't expect the owners to say it but knowing TF he will twitter something like it at some point. it's what he does.

If they were satisfied with mid-table being the target on the last season of parachute payments, how are they going to finance the following season unless they sell off player assets which won't add up to much and which puts the club back again and another season of just trying to survive in the division and continued bankrolling the club loses

That may have been the spin for a while but something they were not satisfied with now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024