Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone Pragmatic 14:55 - May 21 with 9352 viewspeejaybee

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44200015

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Someone Pragmatic on 15:08 - May 21 with 5896 viewsJuzzie

If any QPR fans think and/or expect us to be in the PL in the next couple of years, they're going to be very disappointed.

We got there, fked it up unbelievably and heaped all sorts of problems on ourselves in the process.

Start again, right the wrongs, aim to get back without breaking the rules this time. Can be done but will take time.
Someone Pragmatic on 15:59 - May 21 with 5774 viewsessextaxiboy

On this seasons finish , we would have only needed 5 more points to finish in the top half . I have to believe he is under promising to over deliver otherwise he thinks that is "the next level "and is taking the p@ss ..
Someone Pragmatic on 16:12 - May 21 with 5736 viewsEsox_Lucius

Someone Pragmatic on 15:59 - May 21 by essextaxiboy

On this seasons finish , we would have only needed 5 more points to finish in the top half . I have to believe he is under promising to over deliver otherwise he thinks that is "the next level "and is taking the p@ss ..

If three of those points come at the City Ground next season then he will leap into the annals of QPR folklore as the man who did what no other QPR manager has ever achieved.

The grass is always greener.

Someone Pragmatic on 16:29 - May 21 with 5696 viewsrunningman75

Pragmatic but no mention of the annual FA cup defeat to MK Dons.
Someone Pragmatic on 16:45 - May 21 with 5646 viewsJeff

Someone Pragmatic on 16:29 - May 21 by runningman75

Pragmatic but no mention of the annual FA cup defeat to MK Dons.

I might be wrong, but i believe that we're slated to lose to Blackburn next season in the cup, not MK Dons...

Can we not knock it?

Someone Pragmatic on 16:56 - May 21 with 5622 viewsloftboy

Does anyone want to be back in the PL aiming to finish 17th

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Someone Pragmatic on 16:58 - May 21 with 5616 viewshoopdog

If he and the powers that be think along those lines you have to wonder what was the real reason behind the sacking of Holloway , the man was half way to making the side look like they could be a club with a good championship future , the way we stated playing Stevie Wonder would have tipped us for a top half finnish
Someone Pragmatic on 17:15 - May 21 with 5584 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I like this.

Set expectations low as we should have been doing since it dawned on us the FL will be trying to bash our back doors in.

But Steve, please, shave the barnet.
Login to get fewer ads

Someone Pragmatic on 17:16 - May 21 with 5576 viewskensalriser

Someone Pragmatic on 16:58 - May 21 by hoopdog

If he and the powers that be think along those lines you have to wonder what was the real reason behind the sacking of Holloway , the man was half way to making the side look like they could be a club with a good championship future , the way we stated playing Stevie Wonder would have tipped us for a top half finnish

Stevie Wonder's blind, not stupid!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Someone Pragmatic on 18:14 - May 21 with 5446 viewsessextaxiboy

Ask anyone to set their own budget or target and they will try to get away with a low one .

I wonder what TF makes of Mclarens lofty ambitions in the last year of parachute money.
Someone Pragmatic on 19:52 - May 21 with 5315 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Someone Pragmatic on 18:14 - May 21 by essextaxiboy

Ask anyone to set their own budget or target and they will try to get away with a low one .

I wonder what TF makes of Mclarens lofty ambitions in the last year of parachute money.

To be fair, in 18 months time when we discard McClaren like a teenager’s slop sock, he’ll be able to point to this interview and rightly say ‘I told you so’.
Someone Pragmatic on 19:59 - May 21 with 5301 viewsbosh67

The point is we are an average mid table Championship team these days but hopefully we can be a top 10 finishing side over the next few seasons and be better to watch and better away. Much more than that is unrealistic.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Someone Pragmatic on 20:16 - May 21 with 5248 viewslondonscottish

Someone Pragmatic on 16:56 - May 21 by loftboy

Does anyone want to be back in the PL aiming to finish 17th

I'm quite happy with the Championship. But I'm also aware of the amount of money the owners have to hose away in order to fund that.

If it has to be the Prem then the likes of Burnley show it can be done sensibly and successfully for a few seasons anyway.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Someone Pragmatic on 21:22 - May 21 with 5152 viewsVancouverHoop

Someone Pragmatic on 19:59 - May 21 by bosh67

The point is we are an average mid table Championship team these days but hopefully we can be a top 10 finishing side over the next few seasons and be better to watch and better away. Much more than that is unrealistic.

And maybe put a bit more emphasis on cup matches?
Someone Pragmatic on 22:15 - May 21 with 5064 viewsLblock

Someone Pragmatic on 16:45 - May 21 by Jeff

I might be wrong, but i believe that we're slated to lose to Blackburn next season in the cup, not MK Dons...

You're wrong.

It's Northampton's turn

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Someone Pragmatic on 23:28 - May 21 with 4994 viewskensalriser

Or Forest.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Someone Pragmatic on 02:57 - May 22 with 4900 viewstimcocking

The older i get, i'm just not that bothered what league we're in really. The premier league is so nauseating, i don't particualarly look forward to being cheated/humiliated/let down every week. I certainly don't want to experience anything like the last time, that took a lot out of me and i'm still bitter about lots of it. I will (alledgedly) assault Jose Bosingwa if i ever get the chance. Ashley Young, Lee Mason, you are utter cu nts as well.

The main reason i want QPR to go up is just so we can attract young fans easier and keep the owners interested. Wouldn't really want to end up as a Barnet or Leyton Orient. But i enjoyed watching the young 'uns thriving under Ollie last season. Watching that team develop and represent us with pride and swagger, that'd please me greatly.
Someone Pragmatic on 03:22 - May 22 with 4890 viewsHooparoo

Someone Pragmatic on 02:57 - May 22 by timcocking

The older i get, i'm just not that bothered what league we're in really. The premier league is so nauseating, i don't particualarly look forward to being cheated/humiliated/let down every week. I certainly don't want to experience anything like the last time, that took a lot out of me and i'm still bitter about lots of it. I will (alledgedly) assault Jose Bosingwa if i ever get the chance. Ashley Young, Lee Mason, you are utter cu nts as well.

The main reason i want QPR to go up is just so we can attract young fans easier and keep the owners interested. Wouldn't really want to end up as a Barnet or Leyton Orient. But i enjoyed watching the young 'uns thriving under Ollie last season. Watching that team develop and represent us with pride and swagger, that'd please me greatly.

Even a marginal improvement in our away form would see us comfortably top 10 or better. Very doable.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Someone Pragmatic on 05:42 - May 22 with 4827 viewsisawqpratwcity

Everyone can decide for themselves what performance criteria McClaren needs to meet. It's a forum, we bring our opinions and air them. The club is going to make an independent assessment and act accordingly anyway!

There's not much point in jumping up and down about what gets said at a presser, they're almost always white noise.

The deed has been done, McClaren has replaced Holloway. We now have to wait to see if this is going to be sufficient improvement.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Someone Pragmatic on 06:02 - May 22 with 4809 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Someone Pragmatic on 05:42 - May 22 by isawqpratwcity

Everyone can decide for themselves what performance criteria McClaren needs to meet. It's a forum, we bring our opinions and air them. The club is going to make an independent assessment and act accordingly anyway!

There's not much point in jumping up and down about what gets said at a presser, they're almost always white noise.

The deed has been done, McClaren has replaced Holloway. We now have to wait to see if this is going to be sufficient improvement.

Last I’ll say on it, as I am boring myself as well as others, but if it’s just season on season improvement we want, then we sacked the wrong man as Holloway improved his points haul, final postion, average age, and wage bill in his last two seasons.

For the record I think McClaren will do fine, but the club will need to ask some serious questions of itself (including Les I hesitate to add for the first time in my life) if we finish below 16th with less than 56 points.

We were on a upwards trajectory, no matter how small it was.
Someone Pragmatic on 07:43 - May 22 with 4741 viewsCiderwithRsie

I don't expect a massive improvement and I don't much like the Premier League anyway.

I just think we need to eliminate the inconsistency that marred Holloway's reign, for all he achieved. We're on a programme of becoming a normal sensible football club again after years of nonsense and a calm public face with steady work on coaching is part of that.

I also fear that if he had stayed Holloway would have had some sort of meltdown eventually and I hope he can now have a more relaxed life and more time with his family.
Someone Pragmatic on 08:26 - May 22 with 4702 viewsessextaxiboy

Someone Pragmatic on 06:02 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Last I’ll say on it, as I am boring myself as well as others, but if it’s just season on season improvement we want, then we sacked the wrong man as Holloway improved his points haul, final postion, average age, and wage bill in his last two seasons.

For the record I think McClaren will do fine, but the club will need to ask some serious questions of itself (including Les I hesitate to add for the first time in my life) if we finish below 16th with less than 56 points.

We were on a upwards trajectory, no matter how small it was.

Exactly this , the only facts to critiscise Holloway with are the away form and he is not the only guilty one on that and home attendances took a dip towards the end .The rest is just opinion .

I will get behind Mclaren because he is in our dugout but to be be honest I am struggling .I have spent the last 10 years thinking he was a complete w@nker . Now he is telling us that for him the next level is 5 more points and that he has signed without knowinging the transfer budget ...treating us like fckin idiots is not a good way to start IMO
Someone Pragmatic on 08:35 - May 22 with 4686 viewsessextaxiboy

Someone Pragmatic on 05:42 - May 22 by isawqpratwcity

Well we were told (at the end of the season) that the club budgeted for 10th so Ollie fell short .
So let us know now what position the budget requires for this season then its a straight pass or fail using fact not opinion ..
Someone Pragmatic on 10:16 - May 22 with 4590 viewsisawqpratwcity

Someone Pragmatic on 08:35 - May 22 by essextaxiboy

Well we were told (at the end of the season) that the club budgeted for 10th so Ollie fell short .
So let us know now what position the budget requires for this season then its a straight pass or fail using fact not opinion ..

Would you try being a bit more honest? Do you think I didn't read your previous post?

" the only facts to critiscise Holloway with are the away form and he is not the only guilty one on that and home attendances took a dip towards the end .The rest is just opinion . "

Well there's a fair amount of opinion sloshing around, both for and against Holloway, but that away form fact is a doozy, so don't try setting up any coming 10th stuff for the new manager. I'm not going to go on about Holloway's record now, standing alone or in comparison to anybody else's. He's gone and it's now time to wait and see what McClaren does.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Someone Pragmatic on 11:30 - May 22 with 4533 viewsessextaxiboy

Someone Pragmatic on 10:16 - May 22 by isawqpratwcity

Would you try being a bit more honest? Do you think I didn't read your previous post?

" the only facts to critiscise Holloway with are the away form and he is not the only guilty one on that and home attendances took a dip towards the end .The rest is just opinion . "

Well there's a fair amount of opinion sloshing around, both for and against Holloway, but that away form fact is a doozy, so don't try setting up any coming 10th stuff for the new manager. I'm not going to go on about Holloway's record now, standing alone or in comparison to anybody else's. He's gone and it's now time to wait and see what McClaren does.

I am lots of things but not dishonest . (Fact)

Just making the point that Holloways target was 10th , Mclaren himself told the BBC "top half" ie 9th or better. Personally I think that is an absolute minimum to be considered as "taking us to the next level "

5 more points( and in my "opinion" they would have been there without the injuries in the autumn) and that is exactly where Holloway would have finished .

Lets see what transfer budget he is given and compare it to being able to afford Scowen and a couple of kids .

Please done get me wrong, I support the team not the manager but after the last few years stability is key for me and not just change because of a few tossers giving it to TF on Twitter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024