Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! 01:38 - May 22 with 3226 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Where does the time go?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 13:01 - May 23 with 2941 viewsenfieldargh

gutted when Clive Allen pulled up after a few minutes.

amazing to think that the replay was only 6 days later

Who would have been our penalty takers had it not gone to a replay in those days

Fenwick
Gregory
Flanagan
Currie
Stainrod

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 14:07 - May 23 with 2827 viewsDiscodroids

Like Tears In Rain.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 14:22 - May 23 with 2808 viewsMick_S

I've still got The Evening Standard pull out somewhere at home. Sorry to say I saw my first full kit w anker at Wembley that day - bloke I used to go to school with.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 17:01 - May 23 with 2677 viewsGalileo

Great day but despite losing I thought the replay was better.

Pitched up at Wembley with one ticket between us, bunged the guy on the gate a fiver and crawled under the turnstile and we're in !

Got outplayed for sure and prayed for an equaliser. Stainrod lined up for a long throw in, big Bob Hazel got the flick on and it seemed an age in the gloom before Fenwick managed to head it home. Cue pandemonium on the terrace.

Thought we we're different class in the replay, Roberts dived and it's was never a penalty. We battered them, just couldn't score. Missing Allen was a blow but the lads gave their all and did us proud.

Have hated Spurs ever since ( on a par with Chelsea) and still waiting for justice even though saw a few of our boys dishing out some post match justice outside.
Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 19:25 - May 23 with 2584 viewsloftus77

Technically, 36 years ago today I was standing with my Dad in a very, very long queue on the corner of Bloemfontein and South Africa Road. Think it was raining.

happy days...
Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 19:59 - May 23 with 2548 viewsbosh67

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 13:01 - May 23 by enfieldargh

gutted when Clive Allen pulled up after a few minutes.

amazing to think that the replay was only 6 days later

Who would have been our penalty takers had it not gone to a replay in those days

Fenwick
Gregory
Flanagan
Currie
Stainrod

Roeder would have taken one.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 20:34 - May 23 with 2514 viewsJigsore

still got a ticket in the house somewhere. would have liked to see us in a cup final. maybe before I die...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 22:42 - May 23 with 2437 viewsVancouverHoop

This is kind of a sidebar. A good friend of mine is a Labour MP, and he was stumping for Tony Blair during his first crack at parliament in the Beaconsfield. Their doorstepping coincided with the Cup replay. And apparently TB didn't realise South Bucks was a hot-bed of Hoops fans (neither did I TBH!)

First door they knocked on: "Hello! I'm Tony Blair your Labour Candidate..."

"Fcuk off! I'm watching QPR play Spurs."

Second door "Hi, I'm Tony Blair your..."

"Bugger off, I'm watching the Rs in the replay!"

Third door: "Hello. How are our Hoops doing then...?"

You've go to hand it to him, the boy was a quick learner.
Login to get fewer ads

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 23:32 - May 23 with 2402 viewsBoston

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 22:42 - May 23 by VancouverHoop

This is kind of a sidebar. A good friend of mine is a Labour MP, and he was stumping for Tony Blair during his first crack at parliament in the Beaconsfield. Their doorstepping coincided with the Cup replay. And apparently TB didn't realise South Bucks was a hot-bed of Hoops fans (neither did I TBH!)

First door they knocked on: "Hello! I'm Tony Blair your Labour Candidate..."

"Fcuk off! I'm watching QPR play Spurs."

Second door "Hi, I'm Tony Blair your..."

"Bugger off, I'm watching the Rs in the replay!"

Third door: "Hello. How are our Hoops doing then...?"

You've go to hand it to him, the boy was a quick learner.

Your mate was also an accomplished liar?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 23:46 - May 23 with 2386 viewsVancouverHoop

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 23:32 - May 23 by Boston

How so?
Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 06:31 - May 24 with 2307 viewsdistortR

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 23:32 - May 23 by Boston

He learned from the best/worst, tbh.

WMD my arse
Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 07:19 - May 24 with 2284 viewsSydneyRs

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 17:01 - May 23 by Galileo

Great day but despite losing I thought the replay was better.

Pitched up at Wembley with one ticket between us, bunged the guy on the gate a fiver and crawled under the turnstile and we're in !

Got outplayed for sure and prayed for an equaliser. Stainrod lined up for a long throw in, big Bob Hazel got the flick on and it seemed an age in the gloom before Fenwick managed to head it home. Cue pandemonium on the terrace.

Thought we we're different class in the replay, Roberts dived and it's was never a penalty. We battered them, just couldn't score. Missing Allen was a blow but the lads gave their all and did us proud.

Have hated Spurs ever since ( on a par with Chelsea) and still waiting for justice even though saw a few of our boys dishing out some post match justice outside.

I was at the replay. Great atmosphere and we really did batter a very good Spurs team. Goal disallowed, hit the bar, very unlucky.
Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 07:45 - May 24 with 2273 viewswortonranger

Anyone know where you can find proper highlights of the replay? Only ever show the foul and penalty. My best story is that a guy near me was so busy celebrating our disallowed equaliser ( or drunk) that he didn’t notice Spurs not kicking off after. He was baffled when we told him we had lost, pointing to the scoreboard as confirmation. He said he thought they had forgotten to put the score up! I have never seen a replay - don’t spose he was right all along?
Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 07:57 - May 24 with 2266 viewsPunteR

Fenwick was my favourite player when i was a little kid. Is he in the forever Rs club?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 09:29 - May 24 with 2211 viewspaulparker

Sorry to age some, 36 years ago today! on 07:57 - May 24 by PunteR

Fenwick was my favourite player when i was a little kid. Is he in the forever Rs club?

+1 there PunteR , I loved fenwick he would be worth around 60 million today he would p1ss all over john Stones especially now everyone is playing 3-5-2, imo he carried us through that milk cup final run in 86

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024