Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter 15:18 - May 22 with 123871 viewsHuw57

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Graham Potter on 10:04 - May 31 with 4256 viewsMoscowJack

Usually I would be saying on here (as I have many times in the past) that "I'd rather them take their time and get things right rather than rush and make mistakes" but I am extremely worried that this is another groundhog day.

Gylfi's drawn-out departure last season messed up our summer recruitment and we can't have a last-minute transfer debacle like we have in previous windows. I know there's a hell of a lot to do behind the scenes this summer, but I can't get away from how many mistakes "dithering Jenkins" has made over the past 3 or 4 seasons.

We can't keep on repeating the same mistakes and expect different results! It's that simple.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Graham Potter on 10:12 - May 31 with 4196 viewsmajorraglan

Graham Potter on 10:01 - May 31 by jackjackjackjack

If we're mid-table, or worse, in December, I bet the majority on here, me included, will be saying "sack him".

Swansea City could be a very attractive proposition for a manager, but at the moment I think there is a lot of work to be done and a couple of issues to be addressed. I know the bookies have Swansea down as favourites to go back up, but I think that is wide of the mark. I believe
at least 12 possibly more will move on which the club will need to replace. I am not convinced the club has the ability to identify and recruit replacements. Mucher bigger clubs than Swansea have come down and really struggled in the Championship.
Graham Potter on 10:23 - May 31 with 4136 viewsShaky

Graham Potter on 09:33 - May 31 by Joe_bradshaw

Potter has probably asked some perfectly reasonable questions such as:

Who is the Technical Director that I will be working with as that relationship is key on the football side of the club and will my football philosophy be followed?

How will the new recruitment set up work? Will I and/or the TD have a veto on incoming players and will we be instrumental in sourcing players to implement the football philosophy?

What is the net transfer budget?

Which players does the club need to move out as a matter of urgency due to their wages?

And no doubt plenty of others.

I wonder whether he’s had the answers yet and whether they’re the answers he wanted to hear?

Exactly right, JB.

In my view the key issue facing the club in respect of both manager appointment and finances, is that net transfer spend needs to be negative £30-40 million by the end of the calender year.

Had Mawson been fit that would have been relatively easy to achieve with him likely saleable for at least £20 million. However, I don't believe he is a banker recovering from surgery after persistent knee problems last summer.

In any case many more more players will need to be moved on to get the wage bill down, and it doesn't seem a particularly attractive prospect for a manager to take over in those circumstances, never mind the situation with the absence of a DoF.

As I see it the financial situation is the clear priority, so I would certainly settle for a target of ending the season midtable with some sort of caretaker type manager, creating a strong foundation for long term appointments by next summer.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Graham Potter on 10:24 - May 31 with 4130 viewsBanosswan

Graham Potter on 10:12 - May 31 by majorraglan

Swansea City could be a very attractive proposition for a manager, but at the moment I think there is a lot of work to be done and a couple of issues to be addressed. I know the bookies have Swansea down as favourites to go back up, but I think that is wide of the mark. I believe
at least 12 possibly more will move on which the club will need to replace. I am not convinced the club has the ability to identify and recruit replacements. Mucher bigger clubs than Swansea have come down and really struggled in the Championship.

We're 3rd favourite now, behind Stoke and West Brom.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Graham Potter on 10:26 - May 31 with 4113 viewsdobjack2

At this stage the bookies are being cautious- 3 sides that came down lowest odds to go back up.

Between those we want to ship out and those that want to go there could easily be another 12 on top of king, Abraham, Leon, Rangel, ki and Mesa. Doubt if Amat or montero will be back and feck knows what the situation is with Baston apart from a huge loss of money.

Lot of wheeling and dealing to be done with potentially no strikers and one centre half staying from last year’s squad and those we have out on loan.
[Post edited 31 May 2018 12:22]
Graham Potter on 13:05 - May 31 with 3888 views34dfgdf54

Swedish Press saying he's cut short his holiday to fly over and complete deal with us. According to Vital Swansea twitter anyway.
Graham Potter on 13:15 - May 31 with 3836 viewspencoedjack

We won't be favourites for long .....

Realistically I'd put us about 8th to 10th in the championship.
Graham Potter on 13:53 - May 31 with 3721 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Graham Potter on 13:15 - May 31 by pencoedjack

We won't be favourites for long .....

Realistically I'd put us about 8th to 10th in the championship.

Optimist, much.
Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter on 14:46 - May 31 with 3547 viewsWark

Are there any pre-season games scheduled?
I might plan a short trip to Wales or elsewhere if/when Potter signs the deal.
Graham Potter on 14:49 - May 31 with 3532 viewsBlue_Blood

Graham Potter on 14:55 - May 31 with 3496 views34dfgdf54

Graham Potter on 14:46 - May 31 by Wark

What position does Sena and Ghoddos play mate? I was under the impression Ghoddos was a left winger who can play up front, and Sena in the middle.
Graham Potter on 15:02 - May 31 with 3457 viewsdcd14

Graham Potter on 13:05 - May 31 by 34dfgdf54

Swedish Press saying he's cut short his holiday to fly over and complete deal with us. According to Vital Swansea twitter anyway.

I've been told the same.

Flying in tomorrow.
Graham Potter on 17:23 - May 31 with 3078 viewsjasper_T

Graham Potter on 14:46 - May 31 by Wark

Away at Yeovil Town, Wednesday 11th July (7:45pm)
Graham Potter on 17:44 - May 31 with 2974 viewsAlfieMooresSon

What a joke how do they think the three down will finish top three?
Graham Potter on 17:48 - May 31 with 2952 viewsAlfieMooresSon

odds will no doubt change by the start of the season, they are just a pure estimate based on parachute payments and sales I would imagine?

So much work to be done between now and the start of the season.
[Post edited 31 May 2018 17:49]
Graham Potter on 17:49 - May 31 with 2946 viewshobo

Graham Potter on 17:44 - May 31 by AlfieMooresSon

What a joke how do they think the three down will finish top three?

Who do you think will be top 3?
Graham Potter on 17:59 - May 31 with 2871 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Graham Potter on 17:49 - May 31 by hobo

Who do you think will be top 3?

Such an unpredictable League but
Boro - Pullis will kick on
WBA- Should be more settled - had a good finish

Derby - Who knows what Frank will do ?
Stoke - Not sure - Rowett has experience may just do it, or may totally bomb

Swans - Bottom half with potter - have a chance with an experienced Manager

So only one of the teams down at most I would predict now, we will have a better idea at the start of the season with whos in and whos out from the relegated teams
Graham Potter on 18:07 - May 31 with 2816 viewslondonlisa2001

Graham Potter on 17:59 - May 31 by AlfieMooresSon

Such an unpredictable League but
Boro - Pullis will kick on
WBA- Should be more settled - had a good finish

Derby - Who knows what Frank will do ?
Stoke - Not sure - Rowett has experience may just do it, or may totally bomb

Swans - Bottom half with potter - have a chance with an experienced Manager

So only one of the teams down at most I would predict now, we will have a better idea at the start of the season with whos in and whos out from the relegated teams

For me, I would put the Swans’ chances the other way round. With AN Other run of the mill manager from the merry-go-round we’ll do nothing, with a fresh, innovative set up, we COULD do something.

It’s our only chance in my view.

I certainly think it’s odd to give Derby a good chance because they have a first time manager and not us because we have a new (to this league) manager. Lampard has always seems like a bright man and I suspect he may do well. But Potter has the same spark about him plus has achieved an awful lot in his managerial career to date.

We’ll soon find out.
Graham Potter on 18:15 - May 31 with 2776 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Graham Potter on 13:05 - May 31 by 34dfgdf54

It's taking too long, but I suppose it's better to get it right than decide quick?

Really we need experience though, this is a complete rebuild, not at all sure on Potter?
Graham Potter on 18:19 - May 31 with 2758 viewslondonlisa2001

Graham Potter on 18:15 - May 31 by AlfieMooresSon

It's taking too long, but I suppose it's better to get it right than decide quick?

Really we need experience though, this is a complete rebuild, not at all sure on Potter?

I’m heartened by us appointing someone who doesn’t immediately jump at it.

I’d like to think that he’s been interested in the set up, personnel, transfer policy, recruitment, funding etc which is why there have been extended talks.

Most managers we’ve appointed recently have realised we are their only option. It’s nice to think we may appoint someone who has choices and takes his choices seriously.
Graham Potter on 18:24 - May 31 with 2735 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Graham Potter on 18:07 - May 31 by londonlisa2001

For me, I would put the Swans’ chances the other way round. With AN Other run of the mill manager from the merry-go-round we’ll do nothing, with a fresh, innovative set up, we COULD do something.

It’s our only chance in my view.

I certainly think it’s odd to give Derby a good chance because they have a first time manager and not us because we have a new (to this league) manager. Lampard has always seems like a bright man and I suspect he may do well. But Potter has the same spark about him plus has achieved an awful lot in his managerial career to date.

We’ll soon find out.

Good points, with Derby it wasn't really only down to Frank he could easily mess it up, it's just that they have been in the League a while and have top end Championship experience in the team.

They finished top six, so he shouldn't need to add too many better players into the weakest positions to improve them?

Maybe I'm being hard on Potter, but it's a difficult job for any Manager when you have to balance the books, so he will have to sell, buy and form a complete new team in a tough league, and try and rebuild some confidence, as you say time will tell?
Graham Potter on 18:28 - May 31 with 2718 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Graham Potter on 18:19 - May 31 by londonlisa2001

I’m heartened by us appointing someone who doesn’t immediately jump at it.

I’d like to think that he’s been interested in the set up, personnel, transfer policy, recruitment, funding etc which is why there have been extended talks.

Most managers we’ve appointed recently have realised we are their only option. It’s nice to think we may appoint someone who has choices and takes his choices seriously.

That's a positive way of looking at it, fingers crossed it's a great challenge for him, and maybe he will have some good contacts he can bring in?

I get fed up this time of the year, I just want to see things start moving!
[Post edited 31 May 2018 18:30]
Graham Potter on 18:34 - May 31 with 2679 viewslondonlisa2001

Graham Potter on 18:28 - May 31 by AlfieMooresSon

That's a positive way of looking at it, fingers crossed it's a great challenge for him, and maybe he will have some good contacts he can bring in?

I get fed up this time of the year, I just want to see things start moving!
[Post edited 31 May 2018 18:30]

So do I.

Hugely frustrating.

He seems like an innovative appointment though. My heart would sink to be honest if we appointed someone like Pulis. I’d rather us take a breath, regroup and build again from scratch (as that’s what I think we have to do). Hopefully it will being quick results, but even if we are stabilised for a year or so, i’ll be happy with that. Spring cleaning time - at all levels.
Graham Potter on 18:45 - May 31 with 2620 viewsmagicdaps10

The board has had a lot of flack their way and rightly so.

But I believe that given all the options to us, Potter is the best option. We need a young fresh manager who wants to make strides, in fact it is what the board need aswell....hopefully Potter will open their eyes back to what is important about the club, I live in hope.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Graham Potter on 18:53 - May 31 with 2583 viewsjasper_T

Graham Potter on 18:24 - May 31 by AlfieMooresSon

Good points, with Derby it wasn't really only down to Frank he could easily mess it up, it's just that they have been in the League a while and have top end Championship experience in the team.

They finished top six, so he shouldn't need to add too many better players into the weakest positions to improve them?

Maybe I'm being hard on Potter, but it's a difficult job for any Manager when you have to balance the books, so he will have to sell, buy and form a complete new team in a tough league, and try and rebuild some confidence, as you say time will tell?

Derby have been teetering on the edge of FFP for a while They're making significant year on year losses with an increasing wage bill. Lampard's going to have to sell players and start again, they gambled on promotion and lost.

Supposedly we were in for Vydra in January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024