Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter 15:18 - May 22 with 123868 viewsHuw57

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Graham Potter on 21:38 - Jun 1 with 4087 viewsPrivate_Partz

Graham Potter on 19:57 - Jun 1 by Shaky

So no late Friday afternoon announcement. For the second week in a row.

This is getting stranger and stranger. There seems to be no doubt he is the chosen one so what can the obstacle realistically be aside from a reluctance on Potter's side?

Let's hope it is something that can be overcome. Soon.

I think compo and whether Potter wants to bring in his own recruitment team are the stumbling blocks. Pretty certain that was the spin BBC Cardiff had on it and there may be some mileage in it.
I reckon Beilsa went nipples up for recruitment reasons as well.
Tick tock etc.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Graham Potter on 21:58 - Jun 1 with 4007 viewslonglostjack

Makes no sense to be honest. Without being disrespectful, Ostersund won’t be asking the earth and their Chairman has mentioned the links between the two clubs before. Hope the Yanks aren’t being stupid or as another poster mentioned, it’s not some bloody stupid PR exercise.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Graham Potter on 22:25 - Jun 1 with 3926 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 21:24 - Jun 1 by swan65split

Thought you had made a mistake there.lol so googled
I thought you meant walter robbins

Would be 140 year old now Walter our first manager.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Graham Potter on 22:33 - Jun 1 with 3888 viewsswan65split

Graham Potter on 22:25 - Jun 1 by thornabyswan

Would be 140 year old now Walter our first manager.

I think Robbins was a caretaker Manager in the 60s. I had a trial there at that time, .....they didnt follow it up. one of their biggest mistalkes no doubt
Graham Potter on 23:13 - Jun 1 with 3711 viewsTNT

Graham Potter on 20:55 - Jun 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

apart from him

Colin Appleton 19fkn84

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Graham Potter on 00:20 - Jun 2 with 3634 viewsclloy2

Graham Potter on 21:38 - Jun 1 by Private_Partz

I think compo and whether Potter wants to bring in his own recruitment team are the stumbling blocks. Pretty certain that was the spin BBC Cardiff had on it and there may be some mileage in it.
I reckon Beilsa went nipples up for recruitment reasons as well.
Tick tock etc.

Totally agree. Why would a decent up and coming manager come here knowing full well that HJ is in charge of recruitment, let's face if you wouldn't. All that hard ground work and reputation that you have built up will be instantly destroyed by the failed roofer and the USA board who know nothing about football. If I was a half decent manager on the ascendancy I would not come here unless I was given total control of recruitment and football matters
That my friends is probably the stumbling block
Graham Potter on 00:28 - Jun 2 with 3623 viewsswan65split

Graham Potter on 00:20 - Jun 2 by clloy2

Totally agree. Why would a decent up and coming manager come here knowing full well that HJ is in charge of recruitment, let's face if you wouldn't. All that hard ground work and reputation that you have built up will be instantly destroyed by the failed roofer and the USA board who know nothing about football. If I was a half decent manager on the ascendancy I would not come here unless I was given total control of recruitment and football matters

yep , agree, our past is catching up with us. and some want ,,,,no change!
chances are he"ll accept. but it"ll be a 3 yr deal,
Graham Potter on 01:10 - Jun 2 with 3564 viewsDJack

Graham Potter on 20:59 - Jun 1 by magicdaps10

John Hollins, Swansea City.....1998.

OOOFFF!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter on 02:55 - Jun 2 with 3488 viewsLoyal

Graham Potter on 15:34 - Jun 1 by Landore_Jack

Actuwlly its becuase both clubs can't agree what a complete and utter cnt Huw fcking greedy tw@t Jenkins is.
Big nosed fcking wagon wheel.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Graham Potter on 09:01 - Jun 2 with 3280 viewsmagicdaps10

Graham Potter on 01:10 - Jun 2 by DJack

OOOFFF!

Init!?

I think some people have to count to 100 before posting.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Graham Potter on 09:03 - Jun 2 with 3270 viewsBillyChong

Graham Potter on 00:20 - Jun 2 by clloy2

Quite likely
Graham Potter on 09:07 - Jun 2 with 3257 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 20:26 - Jun 1 by TheResurrection

Tell me when any new manager hasn't brought in his new staff then, Mr Facking Boring Kunt?!

Can't beat a good debate

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Graham Potter on 09:56 - Jun 2 with 3101 viewsSTID2017

Graham Potter on 09:07 - Jun 2 by thornabyswan

Can't beat a good debate

It's been dull on here lately whether that will improve is another matter ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Graham Potter on 10:09 - Jun 2 with 3066 viewsbuilthjack

18 pages so far. Wow

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Graham Potter on 10:29 - Jun 2 with 2988 viewsmagicdaps10

Graham Potter on 10:09 - Jun 2 by builthjack

18 pages so far. Wow

And still no appointment.

That is even more of a wow.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Graham Potter on 10:29 - Jun 2 with 2983 viewsjack247

Graham Potter on 10:09 - Jun 2 by builthjack

18 pages so far. Wow

Would probably have been wrapped up 14 pages ago if we hadn’t spent so long fannying about over compensation and backroom staff
Graham Potter on 10:35 - Jun 2 with 2952 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 10:29 - Jun 2 by jack247

Would probably have been wrapped up 14 pages ago if we hadn’t spent so long fannying about over compensation and backroom staff

18 pages in 2 weeks is not a lot really would have been 50 if it was Laudrup for instance.
Shows apathy twoards the appointment I think.

Graham Potter on 10:38 - Jun 2 with 2936 views3swan

Graham Potter on 10:35 - Jun 2 by thornabyswan

18 pages in 2 weeks is not a lot really would have been 50 if it was Laudrup for instance.
Shows apathy twoards the appointment I think.

Apathy towards the appointment, or apathy towards the board and owners?
Graham Potter on 11:13 - Jun 2 with 2827 viewsswan65split

Graham Potter on 10:38 - Jun 2 by 3swan

Probably all 3.
Graham Potter on 11:18 - Jun 2 with 2807 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 10:38 - Jun 2 by 3swan

The appointment that's why I used Laudrup as an example.
If we had approached Lampard a few days ago the thread would be well over 18 pages in a couple of days.
Supporters like big names and we are no different.
Personally I think he would be a good choice though.

Graham Potter on 11:26 - Jun 2 with 2760 viewsOptimisticJack

We need to understand things from Ostersunds perspective and remember how we felt when Martinez cleared off taking his back room staff with him. As the old saying goes, " Seek first to understand and then be understood".
We were compensated very well by Everton from memory.
Let's just cough up with the compensation as soon as possible as I'm quite sure we aren't talking silly money here.
I sincerely hope we are not trying to tuck up a relatively small club ( no disrespect intended).
I still feel embarrassed by the manner of our dealings with the Dutch club over the payment due to them over the transfer deal relating to Mikel Vorm and the tarnishing of our reputation as a result of this.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2018 11:32]

Optimisticjack

Graham Potter on 11:35 - Jun 2 with 2724 viewsone_upmanship

Graham Potter on 11:26 - Jun 2 by OptimisticJack

We need to understand things from Ostersunds perspective and remember how we felt when Martinez cleared off taking his back room staff with him. As the old saying goes, " Seek first to understand and then be understood".
Let's just cough up with the compensation as soon as possible as I'm quite sure we aren't talking silly money here.
I sincerely hope we are not trying to tuck up a relatively small club ( no disrespect intended).
I still feel embarrassed by the manner of our dealings with the Dutch club over the payment due to them over the transfer deal relating to Mikel Vorm and the tarnishing of our reputation as a result of this.

Your memory isn’t the best 👍🏻
Graham Potter on 11:35 - Jun 2 with 2722 viewsJango

Graham Potter on 11:26 - Jun 2 by OptimisticJack

The board tucked up close friends and the entire Swansea fan base in the sale of the club. Don’t think for one second that Jenkins is not trying dirty tricks once again.
Graham Potter on 11:49 - Jun 2 with 2674 viewsymaohyd

It amazes me how the fu ck we got to the PL and remained there for 7 seasons!

Credit where it's due, some superb appointments (Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup), iconic players signed along the way with varying degrees of longevity, ability, iconic status...Leon, Trundle, Michu, Monk, Tatey.

Off the pitch it just gets worse and worse. Why haven't lessons been learnt? Why hasn't a structure been put in place to allow the club to stabilise and function like most reasonably well clubs do ?

Changing manager then no plan, with no one apparently being approached (when Monk was sacked, Clement, Guidolin). Going through a ridiculously long recruitment process. Hiring Bradley, probably on the recommendation of Landon Donovan.

Allowing the takeover to completely affect player signings, Joe Allen the main example. Yes I know Stoke went down, but Joe Allen playing for Stoke!? He would, in my opinion have been a huge signing for us.

Then losing one of the most gifted and influential players in our history in Gylfi, spending all summer haggling then completely failing to replace him. Signing players with absolutely no thought as to our playing style...Andre Ayew.

Hey ho... still love the club, they will have now finally learnt lessons blah blah blah.

Summer 2018.. Everton manager sorted, Stoke likewise, West Brom yes, Arsenal, etc etc etc.

Swansea City, the club, probably facing a bigger rebuilding job in the entire football pyramid still dicking around over compo...allegedly!

I just hold my head in my hands, we are clueless , utterly clueless off the field.

Mistake after mistake after mistake, yet still we don't learn.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Graham Potter on 11:50 - Jun 2 with 2665 viewsOptimisticJack

Graham Potter on 11:35 - Jun 2 by Jango

The board tucked up close friends and the entire Swansea fan base in the sale of the club. Don’t think for one second that Jenkins is not trying dirty tricks once again.

Tend to agree unfortunately.

Optimisticjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024