Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie speaks at last 15:20 - May 22 with 9949 viewsbosh67

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/bitterly-disappointed-holloway-breaks-silenc

You can't help but feel for him but very dignified and still an R through and through.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 15:20]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ollie speaks at last on 15:59 - May 22 with 5297 viewssevenhoop

Agree, Bosh, "dignified" is the word. And he is right, the Club is in a better state than when he arrived.

Top bloke and he couldn't love our club more, bless him. Good luck to him in what he does in the future.
Ollie speaks at last on 16:44 - May 22 with 5181 viewsLunarJetman

Is Holloway in the Forever Rs yet? If not, as soon as he’s ready to come back, he should be inducted into it.
Ollie speaks at last on 20:58 - May 22 with 4867 viewsenfieldargh

Ollie speaks at last on 16:44 - May 22 by LunarJetman

Is Holloway in the Forever Rs yet? If not, as soon as he’s ready to come back, he should be inducted into it.

Maybe I cant see something re Foreverr's on the website.

You would think the club website would have a dedicated page with the list so far, photos/videos of the day and stats etc

If there is please direct me to it

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ollie speaks at last on 21:52 - May 22 with 4768 viewsRoller

Ollie speaks at last on 20:58 - May 22 by enfieldargh

Maybe I cant see something re Foreverr's on the website.

You would think the club website would have a dedicated page with the list so far, photos/videos of the day and stats etc

If there is please direct me to it

It is here:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/club/history/
Ollie speaks at last on 22:00 - May 22 with 4745 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If Queens Park Rangers Football Club ask Olly to be in the Forever Rs in the near future then they have less tact than Prince Phillip at a Black Panther rally.
Ollie speaks at last on 22:41 - May 22 with 4637 viewsEsox_Lucius

He'll get a call if Simon Barker is unable to make it that day.

The grass is always greener.

Ollie speaks at last on 01:19 - May 23 with 4492 viewsAgedR

I've got nothing against McLaren. In fact, I'm sure he will do just fine. Also, historically he's been unfairly lambasted by a media with skin in the game and a fxcking daft supporter view.

But...reading this just strengthens my view that we let Ollie go sooner than we should have or that he deserved to.

This could have been his first pre season with an exciting squad, full of young energy and talent.

McLaren could equally harness this, but, he'll never have Ollie's affinity.

I trusted Ollie and truly believed in him s vision.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Ollie speaks at last on 01:31 - May 23 with 4488 viewsfrancisbowles

Ollie speaks at last on 01:19 - May 23 by AgedR

I've got nothing against McLaren. In fact, I'm sure he will do just fine. Also, historically he's been unfairly lambasted by a media with skin in the game and a fxcking daft supporter view.

But...reading this just strengthens my view that we let Ollie go sooner than we should have or that he deserved to.

This could have been his first pre season with an exciting squad, full of young energy and talent.

McLaren could equally harness this, but, he'll never have Ollie's affinity.

I trusted Ollie and truly believed in him s vision.

You make a very good point.

I think the board thought the negatives outweighed the positives and it is a results business and his didn't show enough improvement. Just 3 points more than in a season where we flirted with relegation.
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie speaks at last on 07:40 - May 23 with 4339 viewsRs_Holy

Ollie speaks at last on 01:31 - May 23 by francisbowles

You make a very good point.

I think the board thought the negatives outweighed the positives and it is a results business and his didn't show enough improvement. Just 3 points more than in a season where we flirted with relegation.

For me he did everything that was asked of him. To expect us to be higher in the League was unrealistic given the reducing parachute payments, players leaving & young players being introduced. Yes our away form was not good but there were some real high's last season and I came away from HQ quite a few times with a real buzz.
I really hope McClaren makes a go of it. I also hope he keeps his enthusiasm as well as Ollie did.
Ollie speaks at last on 08:16 - May 23 with 4241 viewsPunteR

Yeh its completely unfair from TF and Co to expect Ollie to get a team made up from the bargain basement, kids and a handful of decent championship players to suddenly shoot up the table the season after replacing JFH.
Unless your in the top 6 or bottom 3 league position isnt really important. I thought midtable mediocrity was what the club were aiming for to settle the club while finances were being sorted.?
So whether your 17 or 10th as long as the club have fulfilled the remit of the season and improved on last its a job well done.
The McClaren appointment does show a little impatience from the board which is ironic as they are always telling the fans to be patient.
Imo they could have just employed a manager of McClarens ability ,status and experience after they sacked Redknapp, and saved this bizarre string of appointments.
Ramsey whose never managed before at this level, JFH again never managed at this level, then Ollie who had pretty much retired from management due to stress it seemed and working as a tv pundit.
Were they all really part of TF's cunning plan to get us back to the prem. I doubt it.
I think Ollie has every right to feel hard done by. He was actually making a difference and the latter part of the season showed some promise for next season. Very unfair to take that opportunity away from him.
[Post edited 23 May 2018 12:32]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ollie speaks at last on 09:28 - May 23 with 4107 viewsfrancisbowles

If you were in the board's 'shoes' would you have offered him a contract extension at the moment, based on what he has achieved so far?

If the answer is no, let's wait and see, then the longer it goes on the more difficult it will get.

Without that dramatic improvement that will get an extension, he effectively becomes dead man walking and then how long before the players give up on him?
Ollie speaks at last on 09:38 - May 23 with 4078 viewsLunarJetman

Ollie speaks at last on 22:00 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

If Queens Park Rangers Football Club ask Olly to be in the Forever Rs in the near future then they have less tact than Prince Phillip at a Black Panther rally.

Agreed, has to be at the right time but he should be in it. Karl Ready and Peter Ramage are in it so Holloway should be.
Ollie speaks at last on 09:58 - May 23 with 4017 viewsPunteR

Ollie speaks at last on 09:28 - May 23 by francisbowles

If you were in the board's 'shoes' would you have offered him a contract extension at the moment, based on what he has achieved so far?

If the answer is no, let's wait and see, then the longer it goes on the more difficult it will get.

Without that dramatic improvement that will get an extension, he effectively becomes dead man walking and then how long before the players give up on him?

If i were in the boards shoes i wouldnt be offering a contract extension. Ollie had a 3 year contract. If players can run their contracts down then so can managers.
If the board had a long term plan in place(which i doubt) then there would be nothing wrong in talking to other managers with a view to taking over from Ollie. Obviously if we were dead certs for relegation next season come October/November than i think the board would be justified in replacing Ollie. But we've never really looked like we were getting relegated last season and we saw improvements. If Ollie got this team going and we're flying top half of the league i think you could argue the case for a contract extension. I think McClaren will be ok but it seems a change for change sake and we could be in exactly the same boat as when keeping Ollie on.
We'll see.

Ollie speaks at last on 10:18 - May 23 with 3977 viewsfrancisbowles

Ollie speaks at last on 09:58 - May 23 by PunteR

If i were in the boards shoes i wouldnt be offering a contract extension. Ollie had a 3 year contract. If players can run their contracts down then so can managers.
If the board had a long term plan in place(which i doubt) then there would be nothing wrong in talking to other managers with a view to taking over from Ollie. Obviously if we were dead certs for relegation next season come October/November than i think the board would be justified in replacing Ollie. But we've never really looked like we were getting relegated last season and we saw improvements. If Ollie got this team going and we're flying top half of the league i think you could argue the case for a contract extension. I think McClaren will be ok but it seems a change for change sake and we could be in exactly the same boat as when keeping Ollie on.
We'll see.

Agree with some of what you are saying PunterR but a player running his contract down is playing for himself (or within himself) and a better deal elsewhere. A manager running a contract down is a recipe for disaster. He (the club) needs the players to be playing for him but if they know he is leaving, then they give up.

Just look at what happened with Ipswich this year. As soon as it became known that McCarthey wasn't staying after the end of the season, it wasn't long before he left.

Arsenal, I think were wise to delay their announcement as late as they did.
Ollie speaks at last on 12:43 - May 23 with 3807 viewsPunteR

Ollie speaks at last on 10:18 - May 23 by francisbowles

Agree with some of what you are saying PunterR but a player running his contract down is playing for himself (or within himself) and a better deal elsewhere. A manager running a contract down is a recipe for disaster. He (the club) needs the players to be playing for him but if they know he is leaving, then they give up.

Just look at what happened with Ipswich this year. As soon as it became known that McCarthey wasn't staying after the end of the season, it wasn't long before he left.

Arsenal, I think were wise to delay their announcement as late as they did.

Why would players give up? Surely they would be more motivated to establish themselves in the team knowing a potential new manager would be coming in.
Players seem to down tools when they don't rate the existing manager or they know he's easily sackable. Like most QPR managers i guess. I thought the players were still playing for Ollie from what i saw.

I think McClaren will get this team focused but you have to say where do we go after if McClaren doesnt work out. ? Do we sack him if we dont get in the top 6? I noticed he's only on a 2 year contract, so if were not in the mix towards the end of the season is McClaren gone?
[Post edited 23 May 2018 12:49]

Ollie speaks at last on 13:01 - May 23 with 3739 viewsRBlock

Ollie speaks at last on 12:43 - May 23 by PunteR

Why would players give up? Surely they would be more motivated to establish themselves in the team knowing a potential new manager would be coming in.
Players seem to down tools when they don't rate the existing manager or they know he's easily sackable. Like most QPR managers i guess. I thought the players were still playing for Ollie from what i saw.

I think McClaren will get this team focused but you have to say where do we go after if McClaren doesnt work out. ? Do we sack him if we dont get in the top 6? I noticed he's only on a 2 year contract, so if were not in the mix towards the end of the season is McClaren gone?
[Post edited 23 May 2018 12:49]

Because if a manager knows they are off, the malaise sets in. Look at the complete apathy that has set in at that lot down the road - they've been pony. Conte is off, doesn't want to be there, and it is clear as day from how he carries himself. The players react to that, and feed off it. A culture of complacency emerges. When the new manager actually turns up, they will work hard and try and impress him, but a feckless manager creates feckless players. Redknapp here is another example of that.
[Post edited 23 May 2018 13:03]
Ollie speaks at last on 13:13 - May 23 with 3694 viewsLythamR

Rows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way
I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

All about perspective init
Ollie speaks at last on 14:01 - May 23 with 3594 viewsPunteR

Ollie speaks at last on 13:01 - May 23 by RBlock

Because if a manager knows they are off, the malaise sets in. Look at the complete apathy that has set in at that lot down the road - they've been pony. Conte is off, doesn't want to be there, and it is clear as day from how he carries himself. The players react to that, and feed off it. A culture of complacency emerges. When the new manager actually turns up, they will work hard and try and impress him, but a feckless manager creates feckless players. Redknapp here is another example of that.
[Post edited 23 May 2018 13:03]

Sorry RBlock but i still dont see it.
Every manager knows they are off within 18 months before they've even put their foot in the door. If they're lucky.
Players know its a manager merry go round from day 1 of the season. In terms of stability theres very little difference between a manager with a year left on his contract to a manager that only has 2 year contract from the start with an itchy trigger finger chairman.
Players are not employed by the manager they're employed by the club, so surely it doesnt really matter who's in charge to motivate them. Surely personal professional pride, winning football matches and not to mention being well paid should motivate them enough. (stop laughing at the back)
Maybe Ollie was losing the dressing room?

Ollie speaks at last on 14:11 - May 23 with 3561 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ollie speaks at last on 14:01 - May 23 by PunteR

Every manager knows they are off within 18 months before they've even put their foot in the door. If they're lucky.
Players know its a manager merry go round from day 1 of the season. In terms of stability theres very little difference between a manager with a year left on his contract to a manager that only has 2 year contract from the start with an itchy trigger finger chairman.
Players are not employed by the manager they're employed by the club, so surely it doesnt really matter who's in charge to motivate them. Surely personal professional pride, winning football matches and not to mention being well paid should motivate them enough. (stop laughing at the back)

Maybe Ollie was losing the dressing room

I doubt it.

Freeman, Scowen and maybe others, maybe a bit miffed at him going.
They could easily get moves if they wanted.

It's more about McC winning the dressing room now.
[Post edited 23 May 2018 14:13]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ollie speaks at last on 14:15 - May 23 with 3546 viewsNorthernr

Ollie speaks at last on 14:01 - May 23 by PunteR

Didn't look lost to me - winning games, and winning them well, with the season over and nothing to play for. Surely if they were sick of him and wanted him out it would have been cue on the rack and we wouldn't have been doing things like sticking four through Norwich and Sheff Wed with nothing riding on it.
Ollie speaks at last on 14:28 - May 23 with 3494 viewsfrancisbowles

Ollie speaks at last on 14:15 - May 23 by Northernr

Didn't look lost to me - winning games, and winning them well, with the season over and nothing to play for. Surely if they were sick of him and wanted him out it would have been cue on the rack and we wouldn't have been doing things like sticking four through Norwich and Sheff Wed with nothing riding on it.

I wasn't saying that it had happened but what might have happened if he had carried on next season without a contract extension.

I don't think the players knew he was going until maybe the last week or so of the season, so yes I agree they were still playing for him.
Ollie speaks at last on 14:47 - May 23 with 3455 views2Thomas2Bowles

IH only said a few weeks ago, how good the dressing room was and they all wanted to play for him, had got rid of all the ones that did not.

That don't mean some were happy at not getting picked but I doubt they were seeking a change in manager.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ollie speaks at last on 14:54 - May 23 with 3438 viewsPunteR

Ollie speaks at last on 14:15 - May 23 by Northernr

They didnt look it to me either.

Anyway what happened about McClarens consortium takeover?
[Post edited 23 May 2018 14:57]

Ollie speaks at last on 14:59 - May 23 with 3426 viewsSimonJames

Clearly (to me anyway) the board were hedging their bets and holding on to IH until they had someone already lined up.
At the end of the day he did a reasonable job. But there's no reason to assume that his skills in managing to stabilise the ship can be transmuted into a performance where we challenge for the play offs next year (or at least finish top 10).
I hope McClaren is the right choice to move things on.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Ollie speaks at last on 15:06 - May 23 with 3407 viewskensalriser

I think francisbowles' point is an excellent one.

They had to either extend or terminate and chose the latter.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024