Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apps 23:45 - May 26 with 5312 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Sitting here in a west London pub. Lightning and biblical rain turning streets into rivers.

BBC weather app is telling me 12% chance of a light shower.

Deleted. What's the fckng point!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Apps on 00:41 - May 27 with 5242 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Honestly I've never seen anything like this in London. Not this prolonged. We've had pathetic weather warnings all winter over nothing...

Apps on 00:58 - May 27 with 5215 viewsTacticalR

Constant lightning - it's like the plains of Nebraska out there.

Air hostess clique

Apps on 01:02 - May 27 with 5207 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Apps on 00:58 - May 27 by TacticalR

Constant lightning - it's like the plains of Nebraska out there.

Lightning I can cope with. I've no idea how many months rain we've just had in the last 2 hours where I am.

Apps on 01:18 - May 27 with 5186 viewsisawqpratwcity

You're welcome.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Apps on 01:50 - May 27 with 5162 viewsqprjeff1882

That was just pure mental. Never seen lightening and rain like it here in London. Last weather forecast i saw was 27 to 29 degrees from today til Monday, now it says its gonna be more of what we just had. Nothing at all about what we just had and how bad it was. Forecast said we'd get rain yesterday(Friday) morning/afternoon of which it did rain early hours Friday morning. Gonna be some stories later on the news.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 1:51]
Apps on 10:30 - May 27 with 4959 viewsTacticalR

'A stream of incredible arcs of lightning illuminated the skies over London as the UK was hit with between 15,000 and 20,000 lightning strikes.'

'Mother of all thunderstorms' lights up the London night sky
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/uk-weather-latest-mother-of-all-thunderst

Air hostess clique

Apps on 11:33 - May 27 with 4880 viewsMrSheen

Never experienced anything like it. The rain was so loud, I could barely hear the thunder. It never seemed to be directly over us, but somewhere must be in ruins.

Our dog pawed at the back door for her usual pre-bedtime wee. When we opened up, she took a little look at the chaos outside, then trotted off upstairs.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 11:40]
Apps on 11:42 - May 27 with 4850 views2Thomas2Bowles

But why did the Greens NOT harvest this power
Just useless.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Apps on 12:28 - May 27 with 4779 viewsBklynRanger

It was the way it kept intensifying - it got to sort of normal bonkers proportions and then went about 5 levels up from that. I felt the 'eye' of it or whatever it was going over our flat - was shaking the place. Mental.
Apps on 13:14 - May 27 with 4733 viewsLazyFan

I use the AIX Weather widget. Meaning not just downloading the app, but then adding the widget to the screen so, that it updates as the weather changes. I have it set location wise to Hammersmith.

Yesterday it correctly predicted the thunderstorms. Today it is saying it will start raining a little now and a bit more from 4pm and then get heavy at 5pm to 6pm.

Most of the time it is correct as far as I can see.
Keep it Lazy ;P

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Apps on 13:24 - May 27 with 4704 views2Thomas2Bowles

Someone is going to be a bit upset when they get home from their holiday

Lighting destroyed their roof

Apps on 13:33 - May 27 with 4693 viewsPlanetHonneywood

This being Rangoon, and today very much the start of the rainy season, the only App you will need this side of November is a window!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Apps on 19:20 - May 27 with 4526 viewsHayesender

Every single weather app type thingy shows completely different forecasts. May as well just look out window

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Apps on 19:33 - May 27 with 4510 viewsflynnbo

Beautiful and sunny down here just outside Exeter but also had the storms last night.
Apps on 19:41 - May 27 with 4501 viewsBoston

Apps on 11:33 - May 27 by MrSheen

Never experienced anything like it. The rain was so loud, I could barely hear the thunder. It never seemed to be directly over us, but somewhere must be in ruins.

Our dog pawed at the back door for her usual pre-bedtime wee. When we opened up, she took a little look at the chaos outside, then trotted off upstairs.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 11:40]

Need an estimate for carpet cleaning?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Apps on 21:35 - May 27 with 4424 viewsMrSheen

Happening again. North west of us, so Ealing direction. Again, can’t hear anything.
Apps on 21:45 - May 27 with 4408 viewsMrSheen

Chilling watching a plane ascending in front of a background of lightning flashes.
Apps on 21:57 - May 27 with 4386 viewsBoston

Apps on 21:45 - May 27 by MrSheen

Chilling watching a plane ascending in front of a background of lightning flashes.

Flashbacks old chap?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Apps on 22:09 - May 27 with 4365 viewsted_hendrix

Just come in from the garden (West Berkshire) been sat watching an electrical storm to the North of us (probably over Oxford), not a sound just lightning lighting up the sky in the distance, to the right of us you can see the moon in all it's glory and I think the planet Jupiter.

Don't get much better than this.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Apps on 22:19 - May 27 with 4350 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Apps on 21:45 - May 27 by MrSheen

Yeah just saw that. Driving along M4 flyover from Hammersmith with towering flashing black clouds on my right and planes taking off like you say. Really beautiful. Reckon it must have been up towards Perivale.

Lovely day where I was mind!

Apps on 13:08 - May 29 with 3909 views2Thomas2Bowles

More last night and again now

Apps on 11:46 - May 30 with 3697 viewsTheChef

We had the pleasure of camping in that - two massive thunderstorms within 24 hours! Fortunately we were slightly higher up in our field, those at the bottom had to evacuate due to the 'river' that had appeared and poured straight through the front of their tents.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Apps on 14:37 - May 30 with 3613 viewsTacticalR

Coming through South London on the train yesterday and the delays were explained by lightning hitting the signals. I am absolutely fed up with the same old excuses, so it was good to hear a new and interesting excuse.

Air hostess clique

Apps on 14:46 - May 30 with 3600 viewsMick_S

Apps on 14:37 - May 30 by TacticalR

Coming through South London on the train yesterday and the delays were explained by lightning hitting the signals. I am absolutely fed up with the same old excuses, so it was good to hear a new and interesting excuse.

It might happen again as it's a myth that lightening doesn't strike twice.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024