Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship spending - we're top of the league! 09:40 - Jun 7 with 12594 viewsAshdown_Ranger

In terms of profit for 2016-17, according to Deloittes.

Blimey, are we doing things right at last!!!???

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 10:09 - Jun 7 with 8409 viewsnix

Good point, and personally I prefer the current team to some of the chancers we had back from 2015/16. (Charlie Austin and Faurlin being honourable exceptions but they always were the right sort). Who really misses Rob Green, Traore, Caulker, Hoilett, JET? Much rather have Smithies, Bidwell, Freeman, Hall and Smyth.

The gamble pays off for those that go up but what about Villa, Derby, Leeds, Birmingham, Reading and Forest who could all be in trouble if they don’t balance the books this season.
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 10:33 - Jun 7 with 8354 viewskingo

That was 2016-17, so I would imagine 2017-18 will be an improvement again with the big earners who left during last season. Perhaps Les isn't so evil as some think!!

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 10:39 - Jun 7 with 8320 viewsBerkoRanger

They say you can prove anything with statistics but the above chart certainly does look impressive.
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 11:09 - Jun 7 with 8233 viewsrunningman75

Despite some on pitch performances we are moving in the right direction. When we had Arry going to the knackers yard and buying players such as Sandro and now have players such as Eze and Smyth who could be potential Premier league players if they continue to push on.
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 12:02 - Jun 7 with 8129 viewsGroveR

What on earth did Forest spank £20m quid on? I thought they got good money for Burke to one of the Bundesliga clubs?
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 13:18 - Jun 7 with 7964 viewsrsonist

You'd like to think the club would have reached the same conclusions and implemented them as well on their own without it having to be enforced by FFP... but I doubt it.

At the end of the day the financial distortion between the divisions is so absurdly gigantic it makes it almost impossible not to be irresponsible if given the means and opportunity. More credit to Hoos' Burnley staying so disciplined through promotions and relegations...

I suppose hypothetically if we'd learned our lessons AND been able to spend money we'd look something like Bristol City at the moment...?
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 13:24 - Jun 7 with 7942 viewsR_from_afar

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 11:09 - Jun 7 by runningman75

Despite some on pitch performances we are moving in the right direction. When we had Arry going to the knackers yard and buying players such as Sandro and now have players such as Eze and Smyth who could be potential Premier league players if they continue to push on.

Absolutely. Under Redkrapp, we were turning into the place where old Spurs players go to die.

Let's try very hard to remember the positive message of this thread when someone starts firing off "everything about Rangers is completely awful" posts on the ninth day of the season.

Yes, I know, I should remember to take my pills.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 14:03 - Jun 7 with 7816 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This is fantastic and what a turnaround for us.

Norwich come out looking the best out of that lot. Profit and a 8th place finish.

Promotion and profit can be done. If you throw your money into tangible facilities and youth.

Well done Lee / Les / Chris / Olly.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 14:12 - Jun 7 with 7776 viewsrobith

Direction of travel is great but for context we sold Fer, Chery, Polter, Sandro and Phillips that season, and given Phillips went for £5.5m alone.

The flip side of course is that this year our squad should be much more sustainable for our income base, so overall, great news!
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 14:15 - Jun 7 with 7766 viewsSimonJames

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 10:09 - Jun 7 by nix

Good point, and personally I prefer the current team to some of the chancers we had back from 2015/16. (Charlie Austin and Faurlin being honourable exceptions but they always were the right sort). Who really misses Rob Green, Traore, Caulker, Hoilett, JET? Much rather have Smithies, Bidwell, Freeman, Hall and Smyth.

The gamble pays off for those that go up but what about Villa, Derby, Leeds, Birmingham, Reading and Forest who could all be in trouble if they don’t balance the books this season.

Wouldn't have minded Hoilett's 11 goals and 11 assists this season though.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 14:19 - Jun 7 with 7757 viewsrobith

In addition, my main take out here is unsurprisingly spending big yields results if you give it to good managers. Benitez, Hughton and Wagner were proven at those clubs, *then* given cash, got the results and then kept their teams up, which have easily made good that gap.
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 14:59 - Jun 7 with 7631 viewsBoston

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 14:19 - Jun 7 by robith

In addition, my main take out here is unsurprisingly spending big yields results if you give it to good managers. Benitez, Hughton and Wagner were proven at those clubs, *then* given cash, got the results and then kept their teams up, which have easily made good that gap.

Never going to see any salary caps are we?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 16:06 - Jun 7 with 7533 viewsnix

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 14:15 - Jun 7 by SimonJames

Not that different from Matt Smith’s 11 goals and 9 assists, though. And I bet Matt’s salary is lower.
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 19:55 - Jun 7 with 7306 viewsSimonJames

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 16:06 - Jun 7 by nix

Not that different from Matt Smith’s 11 goals and 9 assists, though. And I bet Matt’s salary is lower.

Yes, but Hoilett (as far as I'm aware) was not playing as a striker for Cardiff, so presumably we could have had goals from both him and Smith/Sylla.

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 21:43 - Jun 7 with 7147 viewsBluce_Ree

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 10:09 - Jun 7 by nix

I miss Rob Green.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 21:56 - Jun 7 with 7115 viewsGroveR

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 21:43 - Jun 7 by Bluce_Ree

I miss Rob Green.

Rob Green missed most crosses he came for.
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 08:57 - Jun 8 with 6890 viewsblacky200

God no. Glad he's gone, don't want him back. 12 goals in 112 games. Even the cross for Zamora's goal was going nowhere until Keogh helped out.
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 09:28 - Jun 8 with 6843 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I miss his relentless work rate, his consistency and his positive can-do attitude.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 09:42 - Jun 8 with 6821 viewsAntti_Heinola

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 21:43 - Jun 7 by Bluce_Ree

I miss Rob Green.

Don't you see him every Sunday at the family roast supper? ;)

Bare bones.

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 10:10 - Jun 8 with 6783 viewsSimonJames

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 09:42 - Jun 8 by Antti_Heinola

Don't you see him every Sunday at the family roast supper? ;)

He sees hundreds of pictures of him every day in his Rob Green shrine.

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 11:27 - Jun 8 with 6717 viewsqprd

I hate to be that guy, but this information is clearly wrong. Can someone share the source this is from?

Newcastle sold sissokho (30m), wijnaldum (25m) and Townsend (12.5m) for 67.5m combined. For them to have a loss of 55m would mean they spent a minimum of abt120m on transfer fees and wages, and it would also exclude their parachute payment revenues which were pretty substantial

More obviously, QPR already published their Audited accounts for 2016-2017. QPR lost 6.7m, and that’s including parachute payment revenue which was pretty big.
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 16:31 - Jun 8 with 6514 viewsnix

Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 11:27 - Jun 8 by qprd

I hate to be that guy, but this information is clearly wrong. Can someone share the source this is from?

Newcastle sold sissokho (30m), wijnaldum (25m) and Townsend (12.5m) for 67.5m combined. For them to have a loss of 55m would mean they spent a minimum of abt120m on transfer fees and wages, and it would also exclude their parachute payment revenues which were pretty substantial

More obviously, QPR already published their Audited accounts for 2016-2017. QPR lost 6.7m, and that’s including parachute payment revenue which was pretty big.

I’m not sure if it’s as simple as this because of sell on clauses. PSV apparently took a big chunk of the Liverpool fee for Wijnaldum. This was on top of what Newcastle had already paid, so the profit was quite small.

Knowing Spurs, they would have had a sell on clause too when Townsend went to Newcastle.

Then there are agents’ fees for all those expensive purchases.

They are likely to have offered big wages to attract people like Mitrovic, Shelvey, Gayle etc to the championship are likely to be eye-watering. Then there are the win bonuses and promotion bonuses for that season for the players and for Rafa, who is also unlikely to be cheap -he’s rumoured to be on £4million salary, so goodness knows what his promotion bonus is likely to be.

I’m not sure if that gets near these figures but it may bring it closer.
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 19:52 - Jun 8 with 6381 viewsAshdown_Ranger

The article was from the Daily Wail, but they're only reporting Deloitte's figures.

I wonder if QPR's figures relate to the financial year (April to March maybe?) and Deloitte is reporting figures for the season (August to July)?
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 20:35 - Jun 8 with 6341 viewssmegma

He's gone. He wanted to leave. Move on.

BTW we're not top of the league according to the table shown.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 20:57]
Championship spending - we're top of the league! on 18:48 - Jun 9 with 6078 views1JD

Let me play this back to you... you are saying Deloitte, one of the worlds leading accountancy firms, are wrong with their figures. And yet you must be right with your back of the fag packet guestimations.

The information is correct, you are the one that is wrong. Fact, not opinion. Either understand finances, and understand FFP, or simply don’t comment so outlandishly on a topic you so clearly know so very little about! !

There is a saying “Engage brain before opening mouth”....
[Post edited 9 Jun 2018 18:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024