Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies to Cardiff 20:06 - Jun 25 with 44276 viewsMaggsinho

£4m apparently.

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:15 - Jun 25 with 3409 viewsBasingstokeR

£4m seems pretty low. Was there no other interest at all to drive the price up a bit even?
Smithies to Cardiff on 22:24 - Jun 25 with 3355 viewsdistortR

humph. i suppose it will be a good £4m if we spend it well.
Smithies to Cardiff on 22:25 - Jun 25 with 3337 viewsmcqpr10

Gutted to see him go especially for so little. Lumley and Ingram not in his level yet but bags of potential.

Have to sell these days. Would prefer smithies than eze.
Smithies to Cardiff on 22:27 - Jun 25 with 3323 viewsTW_R

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:24 - Jun 25 by distortR

humph. i suppose it will be a good £4m if we spend it well.

Knowing our track record we’ll probably blow it on a one year contract for Terry.
Smithies to Cardiff on 22:29 - Jun 25 with 3309 viewsbosh67

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:25 - Jun 25 by mcqpr10

Gutted to see him go especially for so little. Lumley and Ingram not in his level yet but bags of potential.

Have to sell these days. Would prefer smithies than eze.

Is Eze no good in goal then?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:30 - Jun 25 with 3296 viewsWestonsuperR

Would have thought a little higher 5-6m but he’s record last year wasn’t outstanding, we have great back-up and maybe a must from a financial perspective. We can’t blame Smithies either he would signed expecting a promotion push, it hasn’t happened so now is his Prem chance.
Smithies to Cardiff on 22:36 - Jun 25 with 3253 viewsAntti_Heinola

I would've said he has to be £6m absolute minimum if there's no release clause. He's English, and with Brexit looming I don't think anyone realises yet how valuable that will be. Cheapo foreign imports a thing of the past. He's a great keeper at a good age who rarely makes mistakes. £4m a steal if true (although four times what we bought him for) - but we'll never know, because as always with Rangers it'll be undisclosed.

Bare bones.

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:40 - Jun 25 with 3227 viewscolinallcars

Perhaps we'll draw Cardiff in the sixth round of the FA Cup, then we can see how he's getting on.....
Login to get fewer ads

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:41 - Jun 25 with 3225 viewsdanehoop

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:36 - Jun 25 by Antti_Heinola

I would've said he has to be £6m absolute minimum if there's no release clause. He's English, and with Brexit looming I don't think anyone realises yet how valuable that will be. Cheapo foreign imports a thing of the past. He's a great keeper at a good age who rarely makes mistakes. £4m a steal if true (although four times what we bought him for) - but we'll never know, because as always with Rangers it'll be undisclosed.

Not sure that Brexit will have any material impact on goalkeeper values directly or indirectly.

Never knowingly understood

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:51 - Jun 25 with 3180 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Smithies to Cardiff on 21:46 - Jun 25 by londonscottish

Rangers have good back up in Lumley and Ingram.

It's a shame but let's face it it's been on the cards for a long time.

Not for £4 miilion it hasn't.
Smithies to Cardiff on 22:57 - Jun 25 with 3149 viewsdaveB

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:12 - Jun 25 by PunteR

Keep him then

would be a gamble to keep him and block a chance for him to play in the prem. Club needs money and has to strengthen squad so can't turn noses up at selling a player.
Smithies to Cardiff on 22:59 - Jun 25 with 3139 viewseghamranger

They do like our ex keepers there.

They have Brian Murphy and Lee Camp there.

Smithies would be first choice if he goes there so a no brainier for him... he will be busy though, can’t see Cardiff doing that well next season
Smithies to Cardiff on 22:59 - Jun 25 with 3138 viewsdaveB

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:11 - Jun 25 by DejR_vu

One season in the Prem. Six times the fee. £4m, if true, is absolutely laughable.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2018 22:11]

yeah thats the big difference, proven in the prem, played for england under 21's he was always going for a big fee plus had come through their academy so that adds pounds on. I'm not knocking Smithies but he's played in a side with a pretty dire defensive record for the last 2 years, we're not going to get big money for him or any of our players.
Smithies to Cardiff on 23:06 - Jun 25 with 3092 viewsDejR_vu

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:59 - Jun 25 by daveB

yeah thats the big difference, proven in the prem, played for england under 21's he was always going for a big fee plus had come through their academy so that adds pounds on. I'm not knocking Smithies but he's played in a side with a pretty dire defensive record for the last 2 years, we're not going to get big money for him or any of our players.

Dave, one season in the Premier League for a club that finished rock bottom, having conceded 69 goals. Six times the fee. You're very easily pleased.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Smithies to Cardiff on 23:11 - Jun 25 with 3073 viewsLblock

I hear all the mitigation shouts and defenders of the clubs transfer policy but come on...

We’re living in a world where bang average players are signing for Prem clubs for fees £10mill plus.
I mean Leicester nearly paid £25mill for Jonny Evans!!

£4Mill for a player who has won player of the year awards for two years, is worth min 12 points to your team a season and is English in a position England are struggling to fill.... that has to feel like the rough end of the pineapple surely?!?!?

He’s going - I accept that - but at least push the fee up; introduce some add on’s like England caps, sell on, further cash if they stay up and appease the fans.
Who in the club is making these decisions?!?! Jesus we paid £3.5mill for Luongo FFS!!!*

*(who will commence ripping up the World Cup tomorrow I’m sure as that’s what I’m led to believe will happen ahead of £50mill bids coming in)

Looking forward to next season already

“Where are the clowns... bring in the clowns.... they’re already here”

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Smithies to Cardiff on 23:17 - Jun 25 with 3055 viewsbosh67

Smithies to Cardiff on 23:11 - Jun 25 by Lblock

I hear all the mitigation shouts and defenders of the clubs transfer policy but come on...

We’re living in a world where bang average players are signing for Prem clubs for fees £10mill plus.

£4Mill for a player who has won player of the year awards for two years, is worth min 12 points to your team a season and is English in a position England are struggling to fill.... that has to feel like the rough end of the pineapple surely?!?!?

He’s going - I accept that - but at least push the fee up; introduce some add on’s like England caps, sell on, further cash if they stay up and appease the fans.
Who in the club is making these decisions?!?! Jesus we paid £3.5mill for Luongo FFS!!!*

*(who will commence ripping up the World Cup tomorrow I’m sure as that’s what I’m led to believe will happen ahead of £50mill bids coming in)

Almost certainly had a release trigger in his contract and that would have been £4m. Almost certainly set from the start of his time here, so the club aren't really at fault.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smithies to Cardiff on 23:47 - Jun 25 with 2971 viewsDavieQPR

Sorry no excuses Bad bit of business from the club. Upset virtually everyone at that price.
Doesn't do McLaren any favours either.
Smithies to Cardiff on 23:52 - Jun 25 with 2956 viewsdaveB

Smithies to Cardiff on 23:06 - Jun 25 by DejR_vu

Dave, one season in the Premier League for a club that finished rock bottom, having conceded 69 goals. Six times the fee. You're very easily pleased.

i didn't pay it for him and wouldn't say he was worth or miles better than Smithies that but a player with premier league experience is worth tons in the transfer market more than a keeper playing in the bottom half of the championship
Smithies to Cardiff on 00:02 - Jun 26 with 2934 viewsMatch82

Can only hope he has a ton of add ons in there. Assumed he would go this summer but that's incredible value. Kick in the balls that he's going to Cardiff too.
Smithies to Cardiff on 00:16 - Jun 26 with 2910 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

SMITHIES DEAL OR NO DEAL

BOX 1: £250,000 (He goes on to play for England, wins Cardiff a cup, player of the year)

BOX 2: 1p (He gets injured during a bad season after scoring an own goal that sinks Cardiff)

Banker has offered us £10,000.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 0:25]
Smithies to Cardiff on 00:21 - Jun 26 with 2894 viewswombat

Smithies to Cardiff on 00:16 - Jun 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

SMITHIES DEAL OR NO DEAL

BOX 1: £250,000 (He goes on to play for England, wins Cardiff a cup, player of the year)

BOX 2: 1p (He gets injured during a bad season after scoring an own goal that sinks Cardiff)

Banker has offered us £10,000.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 0:25]

Think Evans left West Brom for 3million , Leicester offered 25 million in January and it was turned down . It’s crap money but if that’s the clause in his contract there’s nothing we can do about it lumley hopefully will get the shirt . Makes it even more important that we sign some decent centre half’s now . Hard start to the season first choice keeper gone no central defenders . McLaren gone by December first
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 0:24]

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Smithies to Cardiff on 00:26 - Jun 26 with 2885 viewsNortholt_Rs

Smithies to Cardiff on 23:11 - Jun 25 by Lblock

Remind me how much we paid for Washington? If Smithies is being sold for just 4 mill then this club really is run by amateurs.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 0:27]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Smithies to Cardiff on 00:38 - Jun 26 with 2872 viewsFredManRave

Smithies to Cardiff on 23:17 - Jun 25 by bosh67

Almost certainly had a release trigger in his contract and that would have been £4m. Almost certainly set from the start of his time here, so the club aren't really at fault.

Who would have decided on the alleged amount of £4m in the contract?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Smithies to Cardiff on 01:09 - Jun 26 with 2842 viewsBoston

Four million! Can’t we just have a quick whip round?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Smithies to Cardiff on 01:09 - Jun 26 with 2841 viewstimcocking

Smithies to Cardiff on 20:14 - Jun 25 by Northolt_Rs

No way we can sell him for that paltry sum....especially to that filth

Good to see Cardiff posts always accompanied by the usual bigotry. Much more filth in England than Wales.

Ridiculous price though. If it was Man City paying, it'd surely be 54 million.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 1:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024