Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies to Cardiff 20:06 - Jun 25 with 44263 viewsMaggsinho

£4m apparently.

Smithies to Cardiff on 12:57 - Jun 26 with 3386 viewsbosh67

Smithies to Cardiff on 12:52 - Jun 26 by spudoodles

He's a definite England player, £4m is a piss take, who accepted that??

Not sure anyone is really understanding original release trigger clauses in contracts. He was signed for £2m and would have most probably had a trigger double that to exercise approaches. Signed summer 2015 with no guarantee he was going to play. So at the time doubling the money would have seemed good. We'll get more than £4m if this is the case but how much more is debatable given our position. But not really the club's fault if there is a release trigger.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smithies to Cardiff on 13:00 - Jun 26 with 3363 viewsspencer

Smithies to Cardiff on 09:52 - Jun 26 by Antti_Heinola

Also, we don't know it's £4m. And we'll never know.

Exactly, but also assume ...clubs know that its bargain time here and will do what they can to get a good deal.
Expected this...sorry to see him go ...hope he does well..
Robinson now left club...same as...1 good season in four...if he stays injury free, he might do well.

Hopefully the above, which I think we all expected, will free up funds to maybe bring a few players in.
Smithies to Cardiff on 13:15 - Jun 26 with 3291 viewshoopdog

Wonder if these departures has anything to do with Holloway's departure imo there was behind the scenes politics involved there half way through team rebuilding finished the season well ??
Smithies to Cardiff on 13:17 - Jun 26 with 3271 viewsEsox_Lucius

Smithies to Cardiff on 09:34 - Jun 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think it’s sad that some posters have taken the opportunity to appear out of nowhere to revel in this.

I dub thee Bad News Bandits.

AKA The Legion of Gloom.

The grass is always greener.

Smithies to Cardiff on 13:20 - Jun 26 with 3251 viewsEsox_Lucius

Smithies to Cardiff on 12:52 - Jun 26 by spudoodles

He's a definite England player, £4m is a piss take, who accepted that??

The bloke who runs the Box Office, I heard.

The grass is always greener.

Smithies to Cardiff on 13:21 - Jun 26 with 3249 viewsGalileo

Like him a lot and 4 mil is definitely not enough in my mind.

Losing Smithies, Nedum and Robbo looks bad on paper however in context they weren't exactly the tightest defense we've had over the years.

Anyway assuming we reinvest on ready made replacements ( we have plenty of upcoming youth options) some have suggested 2 or 3 so if we say we find 3 bargains a la Scowen on frees for an outlay of 4 million, that equates to wages of approx. 8,500 per week each basis a 3 year contract; well within our budget constraints.
The key question is which players of the quality desired would accept 8.5k pw ?
Smithies to Cardiff on 13:48 - Jun 26 with 3096 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Those trashing our admin regarding our losing players to end of contract and contractual buy out clauses.

C/F Luke Freeman and Josh Scowen
Smithies to Cardiff on 14:02 - Jun 26 with 3015 viewsLunarJetman

Smithies to Cardiff on 13:15 - Jun 26 by hoopdog

Wonder if these departures has anything to do with Holloway's departure imo there was behind the scenes politics involved there half way through team rebuilding finished the season well ??

Unlikely.

What is more likely is that we have 3 decent keepers on our books and one was probably going to go because they can't all play.

We've cashed in on the one that's worth the most.
Login to get fewer ads

Smithies to Cardiff on 14:06 - Jun 26 with 2998 viewsMarc

Smithies to Cardiff on 12:57 - Jun 26 by bosh67

Not sure anyone is really understanding original release trigger clauses in contracts. He was signed for £2m and would have most probably had a trigger double that to exercise approaches. Signed summer 2015 with no guarantee he was going to play. So at the time doubling the money would have seemed good. We'll get more than £4m if this is the case but how much more is debatable given our position. But not really the club's fault if there is a release trigger.

All reports I've seen have worded it that Cardiff agreed a fee with us for Alex. If there's a release clause then there would be no need to agree on a price...
Smithies to Cardiff on 14:13 - Jun 26 with 2965 viewsrsonist

Smithies to Cardiff on 14:06 - Jun 26 by Marc

All reports I've seen have worded it that Cardiff agreed a fee with us for Alex. If there's a release clause then there would be no need to agree on a price...

Also see WLS' wording:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-updated-cardiff-move-for-qpr-keeper

But Cardiff’s is the only approach received for him during his time at Loftus Road and QPR are ready to let him go. He has two years remaining on his contract.
Smithies to Cardiff on 14:59 - Jun 26 with 2820 viewsNorthernr

Smithies to Cardiff on 14:13 - Jun 26 by rsonist

Also see WLS' wording:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-updated-cardiff-move-for-qpr-keeper

But Cardiff’s is the only approach received for him during his time at Loftus Road and QPR are ready to let him go. He has two years remaining on his contract.

Think we're ready to let anybody go we can get some money for. Mate of mine who works at another Championship club said they'd been sounded out by QPR to see if there was any interest in our players. Partly FFP, partly they know the squad needs strengthening in key areas and need money to do it, and partly because as Myke says above we need to get that model going. Still think £4m is low though.
Smithies to Cardiff on 15:37 - Jun 26 with 2705 viewsDorse

I don't especially want to see him go but it's not like we haven't got replacements ready(ish) to step in. If we can double our money on Smithies, that has to be a good thing and makes a change from when the transfer dealings were done using the patented Automatic Underpant Lowering Device.

Right. What does £4m get us in the one-stop centreback shop?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:39 - Jun 26 with 2696 viewskingsburyR

Friggin hell, I liked Smithies a lot.

Oh well, onto the next who will have my full support!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:50 - Jun 26 with 2656 viewsrsonist

Smithies to Cardiff on 14:59 - Jun 26 by Northernr

Think we're ready to let anybody go we can get some money for. Mate of mine who works at another Championship club said they'd been sounded out by QPR to see if there was any interest in our players. Partly FFP, partly they know the squad needs strengthening in key areas and need money to do it, and partly because as Myke says above we need to get that model going. Still think £4m is low though.

The only part of the model that isn't already going is selling the assets for top whack. Which is kind of the important bit wouldn't you say.
Smithies to Cardiff on 15:51 - Jun 26 with 2640 viewsbosh67

I think we should go back and ask for £3m and see if Cardiff up it to £5m as a counter offer.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smithies to Cardiff on 16:01 - Jun 26 with 2598 viewsGloucs_R

TF and co have really fkd this club up. Won the lottery TWICE and now have to sell our best plays for a fraction of what they are worth to balance the books.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Smithies to Cardiff on 16:29 - Jun 26 with 2498 viewsSimonJames

If we had an impenetrable defence we could put pretty much any competent goalie in between the sticks...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Smithies to Cardiff on 16:42 - Jun 26 with 2453 viewsthemodfather

smithies has been great for us, arguably helped keep us up for 2 seasons and we'll miss him. sadly we have to sell, to think of the lazy dross we had a few years back ( its a long list) that drained the club!
cheers smithies but i still sodding hate cardiff
Smithies to Cardiff on 17:00 - Jun 26 with 2374 viewsNorthernr

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:50 - Jun 26 by rsonist

The only part of the model that isn't already going is selling the assets for top whack. Which is kind of the important bit wouldn't you say.

Yeh, like I say, it's low.
Smithies to Cardiff on 17:05 - Jun 26 with 2351 viewsqprphil

I'm sorry I can't agree with that. I didn't hear any moans when we were signing players in the Premier League. It went wrong from top to bottom internally with the advice they were given, and the players didn't perform on the pitch either. What's more, they are still here.!!!!!!!!!! We are again a selling club, so, we will have to get used to this happening. Just my opinion.
Smithies to Cardiff on 17:08 - Jun 26 with 2336 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Smithies to Cardiff on 09:30 - Jun 26 by Northernr

From West Ham - so technically a Premier League keeper.
Depressing though. I think Randolph is sht.

I do, too. I see far too much of him in the Ireland shirt.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Smithies to Cardiff on 17:17 - Jun 26 with 2304 viewssmegma

Smithies to Cardiff on 13:15 - Jun 26 by hoopdog

We have a winner in the 'most bonkers post' on this thread.
Smithies to Cardiff on 17:17 - Jun 26 with 2306 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's obviously disappointing if he leaves, and if he leaves for that price. I think we all hoped we'd get slightly more than that.

I would be amazed if his contract didn't have a release clause and I can well imagine that's the only way we could come to an agreement with him to avoid losing him for free.

Either way, the truth will out, and I think we have to wait until it does before judging this transfer and certainly before calling for people to lose their jobs.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Smithies to Cardiff on 17:19 - Jun 26 with 2298 viewsRBlock

Smithies to Cardiff on 14:59 - Jun 26 by Northernr

Starting negotiations with a strong hand then.
Smithies to Cardiff on 17:27 - Jun 26 with 2268 viewsPunteR

Is it plausible there's a sell on clause similar to Sterlings ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024