Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies to Cardiff 20:06 - Jun 25 with 44384 viewsMaggsinho

£4m apparently.

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:21 - Jun 27 with 2989 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:11 - Jun 27 by danehoop

Or, this is what FFP has done to us and we overvalue our own players.

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:27 - Jun 27 with 2971 viewspeejaybee

https://www.qpr.co.uk/squads/under-23s/charlie-owens/

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:30 - Jun 27 with 2955 viewsNorthernr

Smithies to Cardiff on 13:00 - Jun 27 by connell10

From your friends in the media mate!

Excuse me ha ha.
Smithies to Cardiff on 15:31 - Jun 27 with 2950 viewssmegma

Smithies to Cardiff on 10:46 - Jun 27 by Northernr

Where are these figures coming from?

They're being made up, like most on this thread.
Smithies to Cardiff on 15:31 - Jun 27 with 2950 viewsEsox_Lucius

Smithies to Cardiff on 08:28 - Jun 27 by qprd

If an agent was trying to drum up interest in his player and get a more expensive transfer move, why would he undercut that players perceived value and link him to the most crap team in the prem?

if the rumors were that he was getting sold to Liverpool for 12m, maybe. but 4m to Cardiff? if that's the case, smithies needs a new agent

I was thinking more on the lines of a Cardiff fifth columnist trying to get them a deal on the cheap... Cardiff have tried to scupper and undermine us before; a fire alarm in the middle of the night before an important game?

The grass is always greener.

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:38 - Jun 27 with 2920 viewssmegma

Smithies to Cardiff on 14:44 - Jun 27 by Gloucs_R

who is Charlie Ownes?

Anyone seen Giles Philips play?

You look at that squad and you think...fuk, going to be a hard season.

Just how many midfielders do we have???

Owens is a midfielder. Very similar to Sean Goss . Except he can tackle.

Giles Phillips is a central defender. Made his debut a year ago in the friendly away to Lokomotiv Leipzig and was our best player that day. Had a good season in the under 23s.

Looking at the preseason squad we have about 10 midfielders.
Smithies to Cardiff on 15:43 - Jun 27 with 2895 viewsGloucs_R

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:38 - Jun 27 by smegma

Owens is a midfielder. Very similar to Sean Goss . Except he can tackle.

Giles Phillips is a central defender. Made his debut a year ago in the friendly away to Lokomotiv Leipzig and was our best player that day. Had a good season in the under 23s.

Looking at the preseason squad we have about 10 midfielders.

Do you think either could break into the first team?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:52 - Jun 27 with 2844 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Smithies to Cardiff on 14:39 - Jun 27 by rsonist

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-derby-county-forward-and-two-defend

WLS confirming £3m rising to £4m.

Well...that rumour is even worse than the last rumour. Hope it's not true.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:54 - Jun 27 with 2846 viewsMytch_QPR

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:52 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm already suffering from rumourtism.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:55 - Jun 27 with 2828 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:54 - Jun 27 by Mytch_QPR

I'm already suffering from rumourtism.

I love the close-season, me.

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:58 - Jun 27 with 2817 viewsrsonist

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:52 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Nope, sorry, apparently that is what Smithies is worth and it's actually us that have been delusionally inflating his value all these years. Have yourself a long look in the mirror immediately.
Smithies to Cardiff on 16:12 - Jun 27 with 2757 viewsbosh67

£3m plus Neil's wife's recipe for lemon meringue and use of the swivel chairs at weekends. plus Neil's daughter to be phased in by 2024.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smithies to Cardiff on 16:21 - Jun 27 with 2713 viewsMytch_QPR

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:58 - Jun 27 by rsonist

Nope, sorry, apparently that is what Smithies is worth and it's actually us that have been delusionally inflating his value all these years. Have yourself a long look in the mirror immediately.

Clearly, one of the problems we are going to have is that our FFP situation is well known. A number of other Championship clubs are potentially going to be in the same boat. I think we'll see a fair number of deals done at lower levels than previous seasons and maybe we can take advantage ourselves at some stage in the not too distant future.

As other posters have pointed out, if there are no better bids then £3m it is (plus the lemon meringue recipe). If I was his agent I'd be insisting on a foot stool (not the Bristol variety) to go with the swivel chair.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Smithies to Cardiff on 17:26 - Jun 27 with 2599 viewsonlyrinmoray

Smithies to Cardiff on 22:37 - Jun 26 by jonno

Err....the Club has no money and is probably hampered by FFP stipulations as well. The only way they can replace the players who have already left in positions where we are now weak is to sell players in positions where we are relatively strong. That means the goalkeeper, who almost certainly will have a release fee in his contract when he extended it. All a buying club has to do is offer that release fee. At least this way there is some money coming in. Clearly the figure is lower than the players worth, but we would have had to agree it or the player would not have extended his contract and we would have had no Smithies last season and no money for him now.

OK you are more likely right still depressing though I will watch more Highland League games this season to see if there are any likely targets I believe there is a good centre half prospect at Forres Mechanics
Smithies to Cardiff on 17:48 - Jun 27 with 2547 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:58 - Jun 27 by rsonist

Well, who knows yet? We haven't seen any confirmation yet and we may never see the real figures. I think we've been doing very well on contracts and transfers these last few years, so I would like to know, but I also like the way we're keeping all of these deals undisclosed and I understand it.

Either way, I won't be taking it personally if a Rangers fan thinks differently to me. My Old Man's Rangers and we can't agree on anything Rangers-related.

Smithies to Cardiff on 18:03 - Jun 27 with 2515 viewsQPR_John

Smithies to Cardiff on 15:11 - Jun 27 by danehoop

Or, this is what FFP has done to us and we overvalue our own players.

I would have thought FFP would make us try to get as much a possible in transfer fees. If we need to sell players cheaply to fall in line with FFP there is not much future.
Smithies to Cardiff on 18:06 - Jun 27 with 2501 viewseghamranger

Thought Cho Hyun-Woo (Korea) had a great game in goal..
Smithies to Cardiff on 18:11 - Jun 27 with 2485 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Smithies to Cardiff on 18:03 - Jun 27 by QPR_John

I would have thought FFP would make us try to get as much a possible in transfer fees. If we need to sell players cheaply to fall in line with FFP there is not much future.

Maybe this is the strongest fee possible.
Smithies to Cardiff on 18:21 - Jun 27 with 2461 viewsQPR_John

Smithies to Cardiff on 18:11 - Jun 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Maybe this is the strongest fee possible.

The point being made was that FFP is forcing us to sell even if this was the best price. We may well now be a selling club but the decision to sell should be the clubs not forced on us by FFP.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 18:24]
Smithies to Cardiff on 18:24 - Jun 27 with 2455 viewscolinallcars

Smithies to Cardiff on 18:03 - Jun 27 by QPR_John

Indeed old chap, we are in danger of being a soft touch for clubs looking for bargains. We are not competing on a level playing field when it comes to transfers. Our income is too low for s to compete and there is little prospect of gate income increasing. A hike in ticket prices might have a negative effect. What on earth do we do ?
Smithies to Cardiff on 18:27 - Jun 27 with 2450 viewsNW10Hoop

Smithies to Cardiff on 14:59 - Jun 26 by Northernr

Think we're ready to let anybody go we can get some money for. Mate of mine who works at another Championship club said they'd been sounded out by QPR to see if there was any interest in our players. Partly FFP, partly they know the squad needs strengthening in key areas and need money to do it, and partly because as Myke says above we need to get that model going. Still think £4m is low though.

Haven't posted in a couple of months so forgive me if it seems like I'm returning to be negative....

Is there any chance that we only "have to" sell one £3-5 million player per season to creep into adhering to FFP? The idea of a flogging ALL of our good players is a bit of a downer.

Maybe super naive and not quite understanding FFP, but I thought there was a difference to trying to work within FFP and holding a fire sale because we're completely flat broke? Always got the impression that if rules permitted our owners would spend more.
Smithies to Cardiff on 18:27 - Jun 27 with 2446 viewsQPR_John

Smithies to Cardiff on 18:24 - Jun 27 by colinallcars

Indeed old chap, we are in danger of being a soft touch for clubs looking for bargains. We are not competing on a level playing field when it comes to transfers. Our income is too low for s to compete and there is little prospect of gate income increasing. A hike in ticket prices might have a negative effect. What on earth do we do ?

Hope we eventually win this long drawn out fight the with FL and destroy FFP in its current form
Smithies to Cardiff on 18:33 - Jun 27 with 2422 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Smithies to Cardiff on 18:21 - Jun 27 by QPR_John

The point being made was that FFP is forcing us to sell even if this was the best price. We may well now be a selling club but the decision to sell should be the clubs not forced on us by FFP.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 18:24]

Maybe it was that too.

Haven’t read anywhere that the club was forced.
Smithies to Cardiff on 20:03 - Jun 27 with 2227 viewsCiderwithRsie

This whole thread is going to look very silly if it all turns out to be balls.
Smithies to Cardiff on 23:21 - Jun 27 with 1913 viewsrsonist

Smithies to Cardiff on 18:24 - Jun 27 by colinallcars

If we're not in a position to negotiate sales to at least market value then all we can realistically hope for are marginal gains with very quick player turnover while also managing to stay in the division for several years. Don't think any of us here need to spell out how that's probably going to go.

In other news, Sheff Utd are selling David Brooks to Bournemouth for £12m.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024