Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris martin 14:25 - Jun 28 with 12125 viewsdublinr

Anyone have anything positive to say about him? Might cheer us up a bit.

Chris martin on 17:58 - Jun 28 with 2961 viewsDorse

I don't think he is very good. There, I've said it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Chris martin on 18:06 - Jun 28 with 2937 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris martin on 17:06 - Jun 28 by Hayesender

Oh oh oh, I've thought of a positive.......

Better than Washington

I said when Mclaren came ..Martin and Washington up top for the first game.
Chris martin on 18:13 - Jun 28 with 2929 viewsRs_Holy

Chris martin on 15:32 - Jun 28 by Antti_Heinola

One positive - it'll stop him scoring against us.

He didn’t score against us in the playoff final... that was a positive
Chris martin on 18:14 - Jun 28 with 2924 viewsCiderwithRsie

Can he play at centre back? If not he can feck off.
Chris martin on 19:04 - Jun 28 with 2858 viewsAshdown_Ranger

The last time I took a vague interest in Derby was around the play off final and Chris Martin had been playing really well.

Not really sure what he's done since, gather he's not been in the best of form.

But maybe MaClaren knows how to get the most out of him.

Or maybe these are just rumours and we're not after him at all.

But I'd be happy for him to sign - and give Washington another chance under the new manager.
Chris martin on 22:56 - Jun 28 with 2664 viewsCiderwithRsie

Chris martin on 19:04 - Jun 28 by Ashdown_Ranger

The last time I took a vague interest in Derby was around the play off final and Chris Martin had been playing really well.

Not really sure what he's done since, gather he's not been in the best of form.

But maybe MaClaren knows how to get the most out of him.

Or maybe these are just rumours and we're not after him at all.

But I'd be happy for him to sign - and give Washington another chance under the new manager.

Been thinking about this.

I don't rate him but wtf do I know? Maybe he'd be great for us.

But it looks a classic case of new manager going back to players he knows; we're supposed to have a DoF system, shouldn't that eliminate that thinking? McClaren doesn't have a great record in the transfer market whereas the last couple of years of Les as DoF, Hoos holding the purse-strings and Penrice scouting has been pretty successful.

If we sign Martin it'll be very worrying IMO, even if he turns out better than I expect, because it'd mean we've junked a successful model to accommodate McClaren and that'd change my whole view of sacking Olly and appointing Schteve.
Chris martin on 00:43 - Jun 29 with 2625 viewsdavman

Worse than Smith, worse than Sylla.

Just when we looked like we were doing things fight, a change of manager and *boom* we're back giving has beens their final pay day.

Feck me if this is how this summer pans out, those green shoots Ollie started at the end of the season look like they might be trampled down again.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Chris martin on 06:49 - Jun 29 with 2575 viewsNorthernr

I'll flip my fcking lid if we've moved Smithies on to free money up for Chris Martin. I've got a house that's more mobile and weighs less.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris martin on 07:10 - Jun 29 with 2561 viewsdavman

Chris martin on 06:49 - Jun 29 by Northernr

I'll flip my fcking lid if we've moved Smithies on to free money up for Chris Martin. I've got a house that's more mobile and weighs less.

...and depressingly that house will be "worth" less apparently. Paper talk only hopefully...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Chris martin on 07:19 - Jun 29 with 2555 viewsrsonist

Agreed with all that this would ring further and louder alarm bells for the strategic foundations we thought were in place.

Given the options already there to work with up front and in midfield, if Martin is the solution then the question needs rephrasing, and then some.
Chris martin on 07:21 - Jun 29 with 2553 viewsNorthernr

Chris martin on 07:19 - Jun 29 by rsonist

Agreed with all that this would ring further and louder alarm bells for the strategic foundations we thought were in place.

Given the options already there to work with up front and in midfield, if Martin is the solution then the question needs rephrasing, and then some.

It's just about the one thing we don't need. We've got a big, immobile, 10-goal a season lump to play up front if we want.

Martin at Reading last season was in such a state physically I was embarrassed for him.

As I said when we signed Kazenga Lua Lua again, you can't go round pleading poverty when you're pissing money away on things like that.

Pray it's just lazy paper talk.
Chris martin on 09:01 - Jun 29 with 2481 viewsBlue_Castello

Nothing positive at all he's like another player struggling with his career and weight, he's at an age now where he should be trying harder to keep in shape if he wants to earn a contract.

Can we please stop taking other clubs rejects and look for the gems that are in the lower divisions, bloody hell if Norwich can find somebody like Maddison from Coventry, play him for 40 something games last year and then make a mahooosive profit then so can we IF we try.

Plus we already have Matt Smith whose very similar to Martin in his style of play, Smiths main deficiency is his lack of pace and Martin is definitely no quicker maybe slightly, we have a target man who can score we don't need another one.

What we need is TWO centre backs for pity's sake and not some other teams rejects.
Chris martin on 09:57 - Jun 29 with 2449 viewsrsonist

Chris martin on 07:21 - Jun 29 by Northernr

It's just about the one thing we don't need. We've got a big, immobile, 10-goal a season lump to play up front if we want.

Martin at Reading last season was in such a state physically I was embarrassed for him.

As I said when we signed Kazenga Lua Lua again, you can't go round pleading poverty when you're pissing money away on things like that.

And this is what McLaren's asking for having barely said hello to the squad. Exactly the opposite of what he was hired for.
Chris martin on 11:20 - Jun 29 with 2380 viewsDavieQPR

Chris martin on 16:47 - Jun 28 by Gloucs_R

What is the point of having a chief scout of his quality, if we are going to sign Derby reserve players....thats my point.

I am fully behind Penrice and really looking forward to him bringing in new blood.

Anyway, its paper talk.

Thought Penrice was still a freelance Recruitment Advisor and not Chief Scout.
Chris martin on 12:15 - Jun 29 with 2331 viewsderbyhoop

The Chris Martin of 2 years ago was an excellent target man, holding the play up to bring others in. He also had (note the word) a good scoring record.
However, he seems to have piled on the pounds, and may not be anywhere near match fit. He's also reported to be on big money at Derby with 2 years still to run.
Despite the McLaren connection, I suspect there are too many good reasons why this won't happen.Maybe just paper talk.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Chris martin on 13:01 - Jun 29 with 2277 viewshoopdog

Chris martin on 07:21 - Jun 29 by Northernr

Does smack of signing for signing sake very depressing there's just got to be better options out there even for us
Chris martin on 13:17 - Jun 29 with 2229 viewsTonto

old, past it, slow, not very good....

sounds like what we were saying when Derry and Clint arrived. Just saying...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Chris martin on 13:18 - Jun 29 with 2222 viewsRBlock

Chris martin on 11:20 - Jun 29 by DavieQPR

Thought Penrice was still a freelance Recruitment Advisor and not Chief Scout.

Technically yes, but from what I've read from Dave Mc he is Chief Scout in all but name.
Chris martin on 14:40 - Jun 29 with 2162 viewsRs_Holy

Chris martin on 13:17 - Jun 29 by Tonto

old, past it, slow, not very good....

sounds like what we were saying when Derry and Clint arrived. Just saying...

Yes and also what we said when Mark Hateley, Dean Sturridge, and Kieron Dyer signed.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 14:42]
Chris martin on 15:28 - Jun 29 with 2115 viewsterryb

Chris martin on 09:57 - Jun 29 by rsonist

And this is what McLaren's asking for having barely said hello to the squad. Exactly the opposite of what he was hired for.

Where is the evidence that Mclaren has asked for this?

Perhaps this story has some credence, but I doubt it!
Chris martin on 15:43 - Jun 29 with 2101 viewsHarbour

We cannot afford his wages and he is not very good so. Do not think we will sign him .....but what do I know
Chris martin on 15:57 - Jun 29 with 2069 viewsDorse

Chris martin on 13:18 - Jun 29 by RBlock

Technically yes, but from what I've read from Dave Mc he is Chief Scout in all but name.

We should all send him our highlight reels: Dorse body-swerving a charity collector; Dorse, powerfully heading a rolled-up sock thrown by his daughter Tantor; Dorse, showing excellent balance by carrying a take-away and carrier of beer whilst trying to open the door with his teeth.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Chris martin on 18:10 - Jun 29 with 1996 viewsdaveB

Said it before, McClaren a very good coach but piss poor in the transfer market, the opposite of Holloway so don't expect us to sign any gems this summer
Chris martin on 18:52 - Jun 29 with 1945 viewsrsonist

Chris martin on 15:28 - Jun 29 by terryb

Where is the evidence that Mclaren has asked for this?

Perhaps this story has some credence, but I doubt it!

Ah yes, this type of message board post never gets old.

No one participating in this discussion is privy to any concrete evidence of contractual negotiation. Shocking, I know. The (usually as reliable as it gets) source of the speculation is the WLS report here: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-derby-county-forward-and-two-defend

I'm assuming you're not suggesting that because we don't know for sure that McLaren's asked for one of his former players, it might actually be Penrice forcing the deal onto him.
Chris martin on 19:12 - Jun 29 with 1929 viewsrsonist

By the by he's listed as travelling but has anyone actually spotted Sylla in these recent training photos...? I don't believe I have.

If he's off then there's at least some logic to the Martin interest (deeply flawed though it may be).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024