Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Colombia 10:40 - Jul 2 with 24112 viewsElHoop

This is the one - well if we lose we go home but if we can put them away in some sort of style then we really are in this thing with a chance now. I have a feeling that this will be one of the games of the tournament - a typical classic England World Cup game. I can't predict the outcome - it's going to be hell to watch I think - but maybe this could be the day when Dele Alli really delivers for England.
England v Colombia on 10:46 - Jul 2 with 10422 viewsdaveB

Biggest opportunity since 1990 to reach a World Cup final. Going to be a very tough game tomorrow but if we can win it then bloody hell
England v Colombia on 10:47 - Jul 2 with 10420 viewshopphoops

I'm not sure who's favourite for this one. Could be a great game. I'm trying to expect nothing and hope for the best.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

England v Colombia on 10:47 - Jul 2 with 10420 viewsblacky200

Having been a QPR and England supporter all my life I am resigned to us blowing our big chance to do well.
England v Colombia on 10:51 - Jul 2 with 10404 viewshopphoops

England v Colombia on 10:47 - Jul 2 by blacky200

Having been a QPR and England supporter all my life I am resigned to us blowing our big chance to do well.

Well, we got Zamora day.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

England v Colombia on 11:58 - Jul 2 with 10248 viewsToast_R

Two alternative realities from tomorrow night.

We under perform and go out, Southgate is the Plonk with the Konk and England may as well never bother us again competing at a world cup because if they couldn't win a knock out match when the route to the final glistened with gold, they'll never win anything ever again - period.

We win and Southgate is the bloody messiah and we'll go into Saturday thinking it's in the bag.

It's all on tomorrow night but the gut feeling is we'll find a way to blow it, red card, penalties, a freak goal or some ridiculous decision that conspires against us. I just cannot see it ending victoriously.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 12:00]
England v Colombia on 12:01 - Jul 2 with 10237 viewsTripper

My concern is it's on ITV and we never win on ITV.
England v Colombia on 12:10 - Jul 2 with 10213 viewsBklynRanger

Elephant & Castle will be bouncing.

Hard not to start looking towards the later stages though with the soporific Spanish as the only big fish on that side of the draw. Croatia might actually be a harder proposition if they're over their Danish funk.

On the subject of the Croats, isn't Slavan Billic a miserable auld fcuk? My god. Still better than Didier Dogbreath on the BBC though - no point waiting for him to say anything intelligent or interesting. Why is he there?
England v Colombia on 12:13 - Jul 2 with 10199 viewsElHoop

England v Colombia on 12:01 - Jul 2 by Tripper

My concern is it's on ITV and we never win on ITV.

When it comes to knockout games in the World Cup, we never win on any channel! Whilst the stats definitely say that we're better on the Beeb, you can't blame ITV if we put out the reserves against Belgium for instance.

This is such a massive game, bring it on.
Login to get fewer ads

England v Colombia on 12:52 - Jul 2 with 10103 viewssimmo

I'm really bricking it with this game, hate it when there's added hope attached! Colombia a really good team and will be thinking the same as us about what an opportunity it is to get to latter stages...

Don't think I am going to enjoy watching it very much, but can't wait for it to get here!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

England v Colombia on 12:58 - Jul 2 with 10077 viewsjonno

England v Colombia on 12:10 - Jul 2 by BklynRanger

Elephant & Castle will be bouncing.

Hard not to start looking towards the later stages though with the soporific Spanish as the only big fish on that side of the draw. Croatia might actually be a harder proposition if they're over their Danish funk.

On the subject of the Croats, isn't Slavan Billic a miserable auld fcuk? My god. Still better than Didier Dogbreath on the BBC though - no point waiting for him to say anything intelligent or interesting. Why is he there?

Err....Spain are out. Knocked out by the Russians yesterday, they now play Croatia.
England v Colombia on 12:59 - Jul 2 with 10068 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England v Colombia on 13:15 - Jul 2 with 10025 viewsToast_R

England v Colombia on 12:59 - Jul 2 by Mick_S

England v Colombia on 13:33 - Jul 2 with 9952 viewsHayesender

We'll never have a better chance in my lifetime (I'm 47) to make a world cup final, but our defence and Jordan Pickford scare the life out of me.

Hopefully we can put them to bed first half to calm the nerves

Poll: Shamima Beghum

England v Colombia on 13:37 - Jul 2 with 9934 viewsMick_S

One short of the Mount Rushmore of world football.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England v Colombia on 14:15 - Jul 2 with 9852 viewsBklynRanger

England v Colombia on 12:58 - Jul 2 by jonno

Err....Spain are out. Knocked out by the Russians yesterday, they now play Croatia.

Very true. It was obviously so soporific I couldn't bring myself to remember the result.
England v Colombia on 14:42 - Jul 2 with 9786 viewsWatford_Ranger

England v Colombia on 14:15 - Jul 2 by BklynRanger

Very true. It was obviously so soporific I couldn't bring myself to remember the result.

We don’t justify the stupidly short odds offered on England but we should be good enough to overcome Colombia. If Rodriguez isn’t fit I’d go as far as saying it would be an upset should we lose.

This opportunity will never come again for second tier nations like England/Colombia/Croatia. We will forever look back on this as the one we should have at least made a final in if it doesn’t happen.
England v Colombia on 14:45 - Jul 2 with 9778 viewsNov77

The mockers, well and truly put on........

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

England v Colombia on 14:56 - Jul 2 with 9761 viewsElHoop

England v Colombia on 14:45 - Jul 2 by Nov77

The mockers, well and truly put on........

Oh ffs - that's that then.
England v Colombia on 15:23 - Jul 2 with 9725 viewskensalriser

England v Colombia on 13:37 - Jul 2 by Mick_S

One short of the Mount Rushmore of world football.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England v Colombia on 09:50 - Jul 3 with 9324 viewsheadhoops

currently in Kyoto so its a 3.00 am in the morning game - we have a great chance especially from set pieces. Both defences are lightweight. Before I left my prediction was we would do the Russians in the semis and Brazil in the final!!!

What is sad is that the Japanese national team the Blue Samurai nearly made it to the final 8 and in both Tokyo and Kyoto you wouldn't even know they were in it!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

England v Colombia on 10:11 - Jul 3 with 9282 viewsTheChef

Just accept that given the ludicrous media build-up, we are going to lose, and you will feel much better about yourself

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England v Colombia on 10:14 - Jul 3 with 9277 viewsozexile

I'm very worried. We haven't had a proper hit out and our 3 at the back system hasn't been tested yet. I feel Columbia will out number Henderson in midfield and really test us. I hope we have a plan B.
England v Colombia on 10:19 - Jul 3 with 9257 viewsBlackCrowe

Colombia are a proper team. Under-performed so far in the tournament and hopefully will again tonight or else it'll be v tough.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

England v Colombia on 11:22 - Jul 3 with 9167 viewsqueensparker

I was in Toulouse for the England Colombia game in France 98 - still one of the greatest couple of nights I’ve had at football.

Couldnt get a ticket for the game but the night before there was a massive three hour 300 a side game of football in the massive historic square with the town hall doors for goals on one side and a cafe on the other. Brilliant atmosphere and not a hint of trouble after all the grief in Marseilles. I still say my goal was never offside

Then next night watched the game in a local bar where we literally drink it dry, by 90 minutes there was nothing left, just loads of England fans drinking creme de menthe and Drambuie out of pint glasses. Then everyone making plans for St Etienne and Argentina...

Happy days, let’s hope for another one today
England v Colombia on 11:25 - Jul 3 with 9159 viewsWatford_Ranger

England v Colombia on 10:19 - Jul 3 by BlackCrowe

Colombia are a proper team. Under-performed so far in the tournament and hopefully will again tonight or else it'll be v tough.

I’m not going to pretend to know loads about them but it sounds like Rodriguez isn’t fit which is a plus.

You’d like to think we could deal with a 32-YO Falcao.

Quintero looks a real player and Mina at the back is a big threat from set pieces but no more so than Maguire.

If we pick the right team i.e. not Sterling or Young, it would be a real disappointment not to go through.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024