Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goss 20:41 - Jul 4 with 8868 viewsrsonist

Seems to be firmly back in the fold and featuring heavily in the club's social media.

Just wondering if he might not turn out have a big role to play next season - if we're to take the Chris Martin interest as any sign of intent, then a key part of McClaren's Derby side was Hughes and/or Thorne as deep technical controllers, with the likes of Hendrick and Bryson doing the legwork box to box, which suits plenty of our other midfielders fine.

Also note Scowen today saying “I’d like to add more goals to my game. I spoke to the gaffer and he knows that I’m originally a ‘number eight’...

Goss on 15:29 - Jul 6 with 2093 viewskensalriser

We're looking dangerously short of scapegoats at the moment, so on that basis he should definitely stay,

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Goss on 15:56 - Jul 6 with 2045 viewsrsonist

Goss on 15:22 - Jul 6 by WestbourneR

I'll consider myself told rsonist! It is a football message board, shrill animosity can be quite fun.

If you were anything to do with that 'we're richer than you sign' on your profile, I'd say you on shaky ground.

I have to say, if only everyone had the honesty to just own up and admit to the fun of it. Proceed with my blessing.
Goss on 16:03 - Jul 6 with 2016 viewsVancouverHoop

Goss on 14:13 - Jul 6 by Gloucs_R

Jordon Mutch, remember him? Seems to have found his level playing for Vancouver Whitecaps. I suspect Goss could go the same way unless he improves rapidly and dramatically.

He's made all of five appearances for the 'Caps, nagging injury apparently. But it's OK he's still got a year and half to run on his Palace contract, and Vancouver's a nice place to spend the Summer.

I'm not sure it's right to compare him with Goss, more SWP perhaps.
Goss on 16:03 - Jul 6 with 2010 viewsToast_R

Goss on 14:10 - Jul 6 by swisscottage

Until he goes out on loan and proves that side of the game, he has no place in the current side. He didn't learn it at Rangers. He's not going to learn it in the U23s.

He's had 6 appearances for us, in which he was hopelessly out of his depth on every occasion, and he's had 13 appearance with Rangers where he's shown inconsistency with his passing and zero defensive capability and substituted on every single occasion because he was a liability.

He appears to be another example of a player who seems to improve in people estimations based on the amount of time he doesn't play. The reason Ollie wouldn't pick him is for the reason he just isn't good enough.

That's a very closed minded view of someone who has barely played for the club and when he has, he was pretty much thrown in at the deep end during one of Holloway's spontaneous unfathomable vast team changes. It really proved f*ckall.

I'm surprised Swiss, you're better than that.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 16:04]
Goss on 17:23 - Jul 6 with 1891 viewsterryb

I remember when we signed manure's youth team captain on loan & played him for all of about two games!

If Goss was to go on & have anywhere near the career of Kieran Lee, he will serve us well!
Goss on 19:01 - Jul 6 with 1810 viewsLazyFan

Goss on 15:29 - Jul 6 by kensalriser

We're looking dangerously short of scapegoats at the moment, so on that basis he should definitely stay,

Don't worry, Washout and Winter Leech are still hanging around!

zzzzzzzzzz

Goss on 22:06 - Jul 6 with 1715 viewsswisscottage

Goss on 16:03 - Jul 6 by Toast_R

That's a very closed minded view of someone who has barely played for the club and when he has, he was pretty much thrown in at the deep end during one of Holloway's spontaneous unfathomable vast team changes. It really proved f*ckall.

I'm surprised Swiss, you're better than that.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 16:04]

perhaps I am being close minded, however I have made an opinion from what I've seen of him.

I may prove to be wrong and he'll come good without going on loan, no-one will be happier than I. If he's out there on the pitch for us I will support him one hundred percent. I might give some older dross that come through our doors a hard time on occasions, but when it comes to the youngsters I never boo or slag them at the game.

However on this message board, I am stating my opinion that at this moment in time he is far too lightweight to play in that fulcrum role at the heart of midfield.

It is the sort of thing he can work on, but if he refuses to go out on loan to the lower leagues, and thinks he's better than that I really can't see it.
Goss on 07:42 - Jul 7 with 1563 viewsAntti_Heinola

Goss on 21:18 - Jul 5 by Dorse

He said what?! No, Josh. Just no. Alright?

Well, I play Josh in a 442 with Luongo on fifa (adel bought back to play left side, natch) and from there he’s becone a lovely goalscorer even once netting a hat trick. As we all know, Fifa is exactly like real football, so maybe Scow has a point.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Goss on 09:45 - Jul 7 with 1466 viewsGroveR

Goss on 07:42 - Jul 7 by Antti_Heinola

Well, I play Josh in a 442 with Luongo on fifa (adel bought back to play left side, natch) and from there he’s becone a lovely goalscorer even once netting a hat trick. As we all know, Fifa is exactly like real football, so maybe Scow has a point.

I play Connor Washington in the false 9 role behind a front 3 of Messi, Neymar and Suarez. Fifa won't load anymore.
Goss on 11:11 - Jul 7 with 1425 viewsfrancisbowles

Not all transfers can work out, they are a gamble to a certain extent and the Goss one fits that category and hasn't been a success so far.

Goss was highly thought of when he first went to Scotland but as opponents worked him out he regressed. It was my understanding that Eze's loan at Wycombe had a very bright start but then tailed off with him sometimes being an unused sub. I'm not saying they were exactly the same outcomes, only that there were similarities.

Eze has returned, been given a chance and been very impressive in most of the games that he has played in. At the moment, it is very difficult to see how Goss can make a similar impact as we have all seen glimpses of him and in the vast majority of those he has looked well out of his depth.

There is, or was, a considerable talent within him. I think we should let the new management team observe, coach and guide him to see if they can find that talent, work with it, build on it and adapt it to Championship football.

He is after all, one of our investments, an asset to attempt to get a return on, especially in our financial situation.
Goss on 12:30 - Jul 7 with 1385 viewsfrancisbowles

Not the only one, but he doesn't seem to have played any part against Charlton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024