Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shodipo 09:28 - Jul 13 with 3781 viewsDorse

Wha? Huh? Anyone seen him? Is he still around? We demand answers, damn it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Shodipo on 10:42 - Jul 13 with 3672 viewsozexile

I think we're gonna have to accept it's not gonna happen for him here. Add him with Ephraim, shimmin, Hislop, etc
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 10:42]
Shodipo on 10:45 - Jul 13 with 3658 viewsSimonJames

He appears to have been training with the squad last week, and QPR wished him a happy 21st birthday:

100% of people who drink water will die.

Shodipo on 10:52 - Jul 13 with 3634 viewsRBlock

Shodipo on 10:42 - Jul 13 by ozexile

I think we're gonna have to accept it's not gonna happen for him here. Add him with Ephraim, shimmin, Hislop, etc

Probably right, but I'm still hopeful. Holloway wasn't a fan at all, but maybe Mclaren sees things differently. From what I've heard Holloway's dislike of him stemmed from his contrary nature, as opposed to a lack of talent of Shodipos part. That being said he didn't tear up any trees on loan, and suffered a bad injury so that's a massive setback.
Shodipo on 10:53 - Jul 13 with 3633 viewsrsonist

Was in the Portugal training squad. Hasn't featured in either friendly so far (with a different XI each half).

Just turned 21, hard to see a future for him here and probably at this level full stop after Ollie and Birch didn't take a liking to him. A series of apparently unimpressive loans hasn't forwarded his case, and now we've Bright ahead of him with Tilt and others emerging too.

Think we can all agree it's all a bit of a shame. Don't think he struck anyone in the stands as the tactical liability Ollie implied him to be, not more than any other classic style winger at any rate.
Shodipo on 10:55 - Jul 13 with 3617 viewsozexile

Shodipo on 10:52 - Jul 13 by RBlock

Probably right, but I'm still hopeful. Holloway wasn't a fan at all, but maybe Mclaren sees things differently. From what I've heard Holloway's dislike of him stemmed from his contrary nature, as opposed to a lack of talent of Shodipos part. That being said he didn't tear up any trees on loan, and suffered a bad injury so that's a massive setback.

Genuine question, what does contrary nature mean? Argumentative?
Shodipo on 10:58 - Jul 13 with 3611 viewsrsonist

Shodipo on 10:52 - Jul 13 by RBlock

Please expand on "contrary nature", you make it sound much more interesting than not running up a tarmac hill enthusiastically enough.
Shodipo on 11:24 - Jul 13 with 3521 viewsTacticalR

Shodipo on 10:55 - Jul 13 by ozexile

Does he take up contrary positions?

Air hostess clique

Shodipo on 11:46 - Jul 13 with 3474 viewssmegma

Since he came back from his loan , it appears the injury may have taken something from his game. He seemed to have lost his pace. But that was at the end of last season. Hopefully a full preseason will see him return to his best.He scored 5 goals in 9 under 23 appearances for us last season so the talent is there.
While he was away Chay Tilt took his place and was excellent.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 11:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Shodipo on 12:18 - Jul 13 with 3383 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shodipo on 10:45 - Jul 13 by SimonJames

He appears to have been training with the squad last week, and QPR wished him a happy 21st birthday:

Ya, but if they have actually kidnapped him, as - let's face it - we all think they have, isn't this exactly how the pesky blighters would cover their tracks?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Shodipo on 13:00 - Jul 13 with 3288 viewsRBlock

Re: Contrary nature, from what I've heard it was Holloway being told how highly Shodipo was rated by others inside the club, Bircham included. Holloway essentially then going bollocks to you all, and taking the opposite position because he didn't like being told what to do/think. This prompted his treatment of him, namely digging him out for being a defensive liability as others have alluded to, when maybe that criticism wasn't fair.

It could all be nonsense, as always with this sort of thing, but it fits in with the Dave MC school of thought, that Holloway was always trying to prove how clever and tactical a manager he was, which eventually led to his downfall - tinkering/ persisting with the back 5 for too long.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 13:02]
Shodipo on 14:03 - Jul 13 with 3160 viewsNorthernr

Shodipo on 13:00 - Jul 13 by RBlock

Re: Contrary nature, from what I've heard it was Holloway being told how highly Shodipo was rated by others inside the club, Bircham included. Holloway essentially then going bollocks to you all, and taking the opposite position because he didn't like being told what to do/think. This prompted his treatment of him, namely digging him out for being a defensive liability as others have alluded to, when maybe that criticism wasn't fair.

It could all be nonsense, as always with this sort of thing, but it fits in with the Dave MC school of thought, that Holloway was always trying to prove how clever and tactical a manager he was, which eventually led to his downfall - tinkering/ persisting with the back 5 for too long.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 13:02]

There is truth in that. Everybody had been in his ear about how Hasselbaink wasn't playing Shodipo enough, he slung him on v Norwich, he made a defensive error, and that was the end of that.

But, as said, he's been out on loan twice now and done nothing. Couldn't get in the Colchester team.
Shodipo on 15:02 - Jul 13 with 3047 viewsenfieldargh

during the two live friendly NM mentioned all those who were not featuring

Smyth, Lynch Hall Goss saying they had knocks etc.

didnt mention Mass and of Shopido not a dickie(sound in the Barnet game 1st half was hit and miss but sure he never mentioned him

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Shodipo on 15:44 - Jul 13 with 2966 viewsNorthernr

Shodipo on 15:02 - Jul 13 by enfieldargh

during the two live friendly NM mentioned all those who were not featuring

Smyth, Lynch Hall Goss saying they had knocks etc.

didnt mention Mass and of Shopido not a dickie(sound in the Barnet game 1st half was hit and miss but sure he never mentioned him

Mass is still on holiday judging by his Insta.

Lynch has a knock. What an absolute joke of a man.
Shodipo on 15:48 - Jul 13 with 2949 viewsTheChef

Shodipo on 15:44 - Jul 13 by Northernr

Needs a couple more weeks in Dubai, poor love.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Shodipo on 15:56 - Jul 13 with 2926 viewsbob566

Shodipo on 15:44 - Jul 13 by Northernr

why oh why does it feel like qpr lose all their best players for magic beans yet end up with a lot of non committed tossers on long term contracts.
Shodipo on 15:57 - Jul 13 with 2927 viewssimmo

He's been training and seems popular with the group if the social media accounts of the #lads is anything to go by. Also told he's the 2nd fastest player in the squad behind BOS

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Shodipo on 16:35 - Jul 13 with 2832 viewsCFW

Shodipo on 10:55 - Jul 13 by ozexile

Sorry but I am not allowed to argue unless you pay!!
Shodipo on 20:38 - Jul 13 with 2588 viewssmegma

Shodipo on 11:24 - Jul 13 by TacticalR

Does he take up contrary positions?

Au contraire
Shodipo on 01:24 - Jul 14 with 2390 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Shodipo on 10:42 - Jul 13 by ozexile

Ephraim did alright! 100 odd appearances and a league winning season!
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 1:25]
Shodipo on 12:49 - Jul 14 with 2092 viewsMyke

Shodipo on 01:24 - Jul 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ephraim did alright! 100 odd appearances and a league winning season!
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 1:25]

From what I've seen heard and seen of Shodipo for both club and country he's a damn sight better than Ephraim ever was - pre injury at any rate. Lots of competition for wingers though, who knows we might even use one or two this season?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024