Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New captain? 11:42 - Jul 20 with 4547 viewsozranger

There's only a few weeks to go. I have not seen anything on the offie. Who will take over from Ned?

During the season Luongo was captain for a period of time as was Robbo. Robbo is gone, so will Mass become the captain for this season? If not, then Freeman or who. This is someone who should be very vocal and lead by example as well as not be distracted by being captain.
New captain? on 11:45 - Jul 20 with 4047 viewsHooparoo

Mass is the obvious choice. If he’s still here next week.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

New captain? on 12:41 - Jul 20 with 3945 viewsswisscottage

Mass or Scowen.
New captain? on 12:43 - Jul 20 with 3936 viewstoboboly

Bidwell.

Was captain at Brentford, was captain against AFC as well.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

New captain? on 12:54 - Jul 20 with 3902 viewssimmo

Sure we discussed this before but Scowen was captain for the Wimbledon game, if that carries any weight at all...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

New captain? on 13:12 - Jul 20 with 3854 viewstoboboly

New captain? on 12:54 - Jul 20 by simmo

Sure we discussed this before but Scowen was captain for the Wimbledon game, if that carries any weight at all...

No he wasn't, Bidwell was.

New captain? on 13:36 - Jul 20 with 3804 viewssimmo

New captain? on 13:12 - Jul 20 by toboboly

No he wasn't, Bidwell was.

Ah so he was, I was trying to remember from the programme feature - which I am sure had Scowen as 'the skipper'... Either way - same point, different player

Bids as good a captain as any, will play every game, is a personality in the dressing room and has done it before with Brentford.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

New captain? on 13:49 - Jul 20 with 3765 viewsqprd

not sure bidwell commands the respect, considering how much he gets b***h slapped by one of the least professional, most out of shape players in the squad in lynch
New captain? on 13:56 - Jul 20 with 3743 viewstoboboly

New captain? on 13:49 - Jul 20 by qprd

not sure bidwell commands the respect, considering how much he gets b***h slapped by one of the least professional, most out of shape players in the squad in lynch

I was about 5 rows back from Bidwell second half v AFC and there was very little bitching coming his way from Lynch, maybe being the captain will sort it out? That or his amazing scowl that he pulled the whole 45 minutes.

Login to get fewer ads

New captain? on 13:58 - Jul 20 with 3735 viewsrsonist

No problem with Bids. Bit of hair's done him the power of good.

Freeman is one I would strongly consider however. Often puts in the captain's innings and perhaps the armband would nip that tarty spell end of last season in the bud - might have the opposite effect too though mind, especially with Eze in direct competition with him now.

Too soon for Scowen, and might be a burden to Mass I suspect. Furs is captain in waiting as we all know.
New captain? on 14:21 - Jul 20 with 3689 viewsthompsonridd

Leistner maybe
New captain? on 14:22 - Jul 20 with 3684 viewsTheChef

Who cares? We make such a big thing of the captaincy in this country.

The team should be made up of eleven captains.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New captain? on 14:38 - Jul 20 with 3643 viewsstevec

New captain? on 14:22 - Jul 20 by TheChef

You know what they say about too many Chefs, Chef.
New captain? on 01:49 - Jul 22 with 3292 viewstimcocking

New captain? on 14:22 - Jul 20 by TheChef

Was surprised to see it given to Leistner last night (unless it's a one off because it's in Germany). Should really be the longest serving player. Should never be a guy who hasn't even played for us yet.

Not that's a particularly big deal or anything.

And good result. Great fightback. Lest we not forget, didn't we save more points from losing positions than any team in all divisions last year under Ollie and Bricham?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 3:05]
New captain? on 04:08 - Jul 22 with 3247 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

BFG will get it.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

New captain? on 17:07 - Jul 22 with 2993 viewsAntti_Heinola

New captain? on 01:49 - Jul 22 by timcocking

Was surprised to see it given to Leistner last night (unless it's a one off because it's in Germany). Should really be the longest serving player. Should never be a guy who hasn't even played for us yet.

And good result. Great fightback. Lest we not forget, didn't we save more points from losing positions than any team in all divisions last year under Ollie and Bricham?

Apart from when Palmer came and was immediately captain. Because he was a great captain.
No problem at all with signing a player you see as captain of the squad, especially a squad as young as ours.

Bare bones.

New captain? on 18:30 - Jul 22 with 2842 viewsBoston

Who needs a Captain when I believe there’s a General in Washingron...somewhere.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New captain? on 20:07 - Jul 22 with 2762 viewsNZR

New captain? on 04:08 - Jul 22 by UPPERLOFTNZ

BFG will get it.

He was captain for the first game vs Hoffenheim - when Manning scored he ran up to him and gave him a big hug - not unrealistic?
New captain? on 21:59 - Jul 22 with 2644 viewsBoston

New captain? on 20:07 - Jul 22 by NZR

He was captain for the first game vs Hoffenheim - when Manning scored he ran up to him and gave him a big hug - not unrealistic?

OMG, NZR backs BFG, lol imho.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New captain? on 22:46 - Jul 22 with 2600 viewsbosh67

Jude?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New captain? on 05:28 - Jul 23 with 2501 viewsisawqpratwcity

New captain? on 21:59 - Jul 22 by Boston

OMG, NZR backs BFG, lol imho.

NZer? Are you thinking of Ryan Nelsen?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

New captain? on 10:11 - Jul 23 with 2378 viewsMyke

New captain? on 01:49 - Jul 22 by timcocking

This is true Tim we did, whether that is as much to do with the fact that we were losing in a hell of a lot of games as it was with our fighting spirit is uncertain.
Make the German captain if he can speak English, if not give it to Bidwell . Captain should be a defender or at very least defensive mid-fielder so he can see everything in front of him. I understand why Kane was England's captain, but didn't agree with it, both positional and personality wise - to me it should have been Henderson.. Btw did you know that Kane's Granddad is from Mayo, now if we had him up front instead of Long/Murphy we might have made it to Russia.
New captain? on 12:04 - Jul 23 with 2280 viewsrobith

Am I the only one who thinks Freeman would be a poor captain? Good player and runs his socks off, but tends to spend the whole game slagging everyone off. Think he's best doing his inspiration with his feet rather than his mouth
New captain? on 12:40 - Jul 23 with 2205 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New captain? on 12:04 - Jul 23 by robith

Am I the only one who thinks Freeman would be a poor captain? Good player and runs his socks off, but tends to spend the whole game slagging everyone off. Think he's best doing his inspiration with his feet rather than his mouth

I'd worry about the same thing, Robith.

I don't mind players grousing, and I don't think our players would be bothered by it either as most players just ignore it, but it's not captaincy behaviour.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New captain? on 17:03 - Jul 23 with 2056 viewsrsonist

Like I say, the responsibility could eradicate that or exacerbate it. But he does show leadership qualities.
New captain? on 17:18 - Jul 23 with 2030 viewsAntti_Heinola

New captain? on 10:11 - Jul 23 by Myke

This is true Tim we did, whether that is as much to do with the fact that we were losing in a hell of a lot of games as it was with our fighting spirit is uncertain.
Make the German captain if he can speak English, if not give it to Bidwell . Captain should be a defender or at very least defensive mid-fielder so he can see everything in front of him. I understand why Kane was England's captain, but didn't agree with it, both positional and personality wise - to me it should have been Henderson.. Btw did you know that Kane's Granddad is from Mayo, now if we had him up front instead of Long/Murphy we might have made it to Russia.

Captains should always be strikers, because they have the ability to turn a full 360 degrees and see what's going on while they hang about doing goal hanging.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024