Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New squad numbers! 15:17 - Jul 25 with 7882 viewsboysfromthebush

Chuffed for Eze, a proper number 10 in the making!

1 Matt Ingram
2 Darnell Furlong
3 Jake Bidwell
4 Grant Hall
6 Sean Goss
7 Luke Freeman
8 Jordan Cousins
9 Conor Washington
10 Ebere Eze
11 Josh Scowen
13 Joe Lumley
14 Ryan Manning
15 Alex Baptiste
17 Matt Smith
18 Aramide Oteh
19 Ilias Chair
20 Bright Osayi-Samuel
21 Massimo Luongo
23 Pawel Wszolek
24 Osman Kakay
25 David Wheeler
26 Seny Dieng
27 Olamide Shodipo
28 Niko Hamalainen
29 Giles Phillips
30 Charlie Owens
31 Ray Jones
33 Joel Lynch
37 Toni Leistner
38 Paul Smyth
40 Idrissa Sylla
New squad numbers! on 15:29 - Jul 25 with 6423 viewsMaggsinho

I assume number 5 is reserved for Sainsbury.

In 2+2=5 news I also see there's no number 12 at the moment and Jordan Hugill had squad number 12 at West Ham .
New squad numbers! on 15:32 - Jul 25 with 6400 viewsbeanofire1

I think the Sainsbury deal is proving difficult to get over the line.

https://www.football.london/queens-park-rangers-fc/qpr-transfer-news-trent-sains

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

New squad numbers! on 16:20 - Jul 25 with 6212 viewsHunterhoop

Surely Big Matt Smith deserved and wanted no. 9?!

Scowen as 11 is just wrong.
New squad numbers! on 16:30 - Jul 25 with 6172 viewsGalileo

That's a pretty large squad, 30 with the widespread opinion we need at least a couple more. I certainly cannot pick a best XI from that lot, never mind a balanced match day squad. Assuming all were fit, would anticipate a handful of the young lads going out on loan for some valuable game time. But which ones..?
New squad numbers! on 16:55 - Jul 25 with 6074 viewskropotkin41

That does seem an enormous squad!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

New squad numbers! on 17:04 - Jul 25 with 6027 viewsrunningman75

I suppose you cannot read things into squad numbers but surprised Goss has number 6.
New squad numbers! on 17:07 - Jul 25 with 6016 viewsqpr1976

Shodipo
Goss
Maybe Chair
Should we bring another CH in, Phillips or Owens will be surplus.

IMO
New squad numbers! on 17:24 - Jul 25 with 5935 viewsLongsufferingR

Hmmm. No number 22.

A sure sign we're in for Tommy Twolittleducks from East Fife
Login to get fewer ads

New squad numbers! on 17:34 - Jul 25 with 5905 viewsDorse

New squad numbers! on 17:24 - Jul 25 by LongsufferingR

Hmmm. No number 22.

A sure sign we're in for Tommy Twolittleducks from East Fife

I heard we were linked with Al Detooze

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New squad numbers! on 17:35 - Jul 25 with 5905 viewsRBlock

New squad numbers! on 16:20 - Jul 25 by Hunterhoop

Doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would want to take it off another player though, especially one with the confidence issues Wash has! Akin to bullying
New squad numbers! on 18:39 - Jul 25 with 5718 views18StoneOfHoop

Don Masson at number 9 in our best season 75/76 was just wrong.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

New squad numbers! on 18:47 - Jul 25 with 5696 viewsGroveR

New squad numbers! on 17:35 - Jul 25 by RBlock

Doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would want to take it off another player though, especially one with the confidence issues Wash has! Akin to bullying

Seny Dieng to be told "fùck off out of it you black cùnt" when JT arrives on 26th August to be fellated onto the pitch by the Queen at our rearranged home game v Wigan on the 26th minute.
New squad numbers! on 19:47 - Jul 25 with 5549 viewsdaveB

squad looks big on paper but at least 6 of those won't kick a ball for the first team this season and a couple of them are not good enough imo
New squad numbers! on 20:01 - Jul 25 with 5490 viewsDorse

I think reading the squad list in a Fluff Freeman voice with the chart music in the background works well.

'In at number 6, it's a new entry from Sean Goss...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New squad numbers! on 20:04 - Jul 25 with 5477 viewsBklynRanger

Agree with the Big Matt thing, and I was sure I read somewhere a couple of months ago that Scowen had told 'the gaffer' that he considers himself more of an 8. So giving it to Cousins is interesting/provocative. Maybe Cousins will be this season's surprise package? (I only said maybe).
New squad numbers! on 22:25 - Jul 25 with 5139 viewsWokingham_r

Apologies if this has been commented on elsewhere but i haven't seen it mentioned
Lynch is now 33 and Goss has been given his number 6
Is this a not too subtle hint to Lynch that he is on the way out?
New squad numbers! on 22:52 - Jul 25 with 5087 viewsBklynRanger

New squad numbers! on 22:25 - Jul 25 by Wokingham_r

Apologies if this has been commented on elsewhere but i haven't seen it mentioned

I wouldn't 100% say so, no. - 6 was a funny number for his position, he's not going to be first choice... Players like unusual numbers anyway these days and it probably signifies the number of games he's targeting in a perfect season minus Xmas, bank holidays etc
New squad numbers! on 22:54 - Jul 25 with 5084 viewsEalingHoop81

New squad numbers! on 22:25 - Jul 25 by Wokingham_r

I don’t usually pay too much attention to squad numbers because certain players have superstition and want a certain number etc. A lot of thoughts on the missing numbers being held for certain players but if that’s the case it calls into question our plans for players outside of the match day squad mumbers. The following just look odd:

4 Grant Hall - not played in a year, is he really our first choice?
6 Sean Goss - really??
8 Jordan Cousins - as for Goss
9 Conor Washington - confidence boost to be our 9? Surely he’s not our first choice?
21 Massimo Luongo - is this just his preferred number?
33 Joel Lynch - feels like he being told exactly what Schteve thinks of him but....
37 Toni Leistner - surely he is going to be first choice? 37?
38 Paul Smyth - must be above this - who ever had a preference for 38?
40 Idrissa Sylla - as for Smyth
New squad numbers! on 23:03 - Jul 25 with 5063 viewsEalingHoop81

Hall, cousins, Mass, Smyth and Sylla keeping the same number from last year. Still don’t get wanting any number above 18
New squad numbers! on 00:00 - Jul 26 with 4966 viewsisawqpratwcity

New squad numbers! on 22:54 - Jul 25 by EalingHoop81

I don’t usually pay too much attention to squad numbers because certain players have superstition and want a certain number etc. A lot of thoughts on the missing numbers being held for certain players but if that’s the case it calls into question our plans for players outside of the match day squad mumbers. The following just look odd:

4 Grant Hall - not played in a year, is he really our first choice?
6 Sean Goss - really??
8 Jordan Cousins - as for Goss
9 Conor Washington - confidence boost to be our 9? Surely he’s not our first choice?
21 Massimo Luongo - is this just his preferred number?
33 Joel Lynch - feels like he being told exactly what Schteve thinks of him but....
37 Toni Leistner - surely he is going to be first choice? 37?
38 Paul Smyth - must be above this - who ever had a preference for 38?
40 Idrissa Sylla - as for Smyth

Yes, 21 is also his Socceroo's number.

Ingram #1, Lumley #13: that's that question settled, then.

Congrats to Eze, hope he fills the #10 shirt.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

New squad numbers! on 05:46 - Jul 26 with 4825 viewsPlanetHonneywood

De Bruyne wears 16, Sane 19, Jesus 33....Alli and Ericsen wear int the 20s. Not sure its such a big thing really.

Personally, I lament the simple days of 1 to 11. Unless Big Dave between the sticks had only thrown the kit in the wash the day before and it was still damp or worse, the fat-fcuk didn’t wash it all and the kit was minging.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New squad numbers! on 08:03 - Jul 26 with 4730 viewsrsonist

Beyond 1,9,10 footballers may sometimes have personal affections (or commercial branding interests) in a number but I'm not sure anyone really gives a monkeys these days to the extent that Scowen would be eyeballing the 8 over the 11 or whatever.

Some here seem to be suggesting the club reassign 1-11 at the start of every season to reflect current standing as if that wouldn't be a completely rancorous and disruptive thing to do.
New squad numbers! on 08:04 - Jul 26 with 4729 viewsrsonist

Goss at 6 is pleasantly continental though, nice one Schteve. Maybe Lynch will do a Zamorano and wear 3+3.
New squad numbers! on 08:39 - Jul 26 with 4654 viewsHunterhoop

New squad numbers! on 08:03 - Jul 26 by rsonist

Beyond 1,9,10 footballers may sometimes have personal affections (or commercial branding interests) in a number but I'm not sure anyone really gives a monkeys these days to the extent that Scowen would be eyeballing the 8 over the 11 or whatever.

Some here seem to be suggesting the club reassign 1-11 at the start of every season to reflect current standing as if that wouldn't be a completely rancorous and disruptive thing to do.

I think most people aren’t entirely serious about their views on squad numbers. I’m sure the mgt team have taken into account personal preferences and what works best across the squad.

I couldn’t care less what numbers they have. I do find it slightly amusing that the tricky wingers’ number of 11 is sitting with our ratty defensive midfielder. Someone’s got ideas above their station! (Said tongue in cheek, btw)

None of this really matters. It’s just a bit of fun.
New squad numbers! on 09:53 - Jul 26 with 4526 viewsCamberleyR

New squad numbers! on 22:52 - Jul 25 by BklynRanger

I wouldn't 100% say so, no. - 6 was a funny number for his position, he's not going to be first choice... Players like unusual numbers anyway these days and it probably signifies the number of games he's targeting in a perfect season minus Xmas, bank holidays etc

"6 was a funny number for his position"

I wouldn't have said so. Back in the day Terry Fenwick and Glenn Roeder before him wore number 6. Macca I'm pretty sure also wore 6 when we finished 5th in 92/93 although he tended to wear 5 in his earlier days.

In the days of 1-11 and evolution of 4 at the back from the 3 at the back W-M formation, it was usually the right half (number 4) or left half (number 6) that would be the one to drop into the centre of the defence to join the centre half (number 5) to make the four.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024